Who’s the worst owner in the NFL?

Who’s the worst run franchise in the NFL?

• Jerry Jones

Votes: 58 69.9%
  • Jimmy Haslem - browns

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • McCaskey family - bears

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Rob Walton - broncos

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Gayle Benson - saints

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Some other team

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Tough call. They’re all pretty bad, honestly.

It’s scary to think about where the Cowboys would be right now if teams didn’t keep snatching up shítty QB’s in the first 3 rounds right before the Cowboys had their picks in the 2016 draft.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Tough call. They’re all pretty bad, honestly.

It’s scary to think about where the Cowboys would be right now if teams didn’t keep snatching up shítty QB’s in the first 3 rounds right before the Cowboys had their picks in the 2016 draft.
Or both of the CBs they were gonna take didn't go right before Micah Parsons.

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Jones
Got to be one of the top sporting franchises in the world and should be able to put together the best talent in the NFL but he's can't stand not being getting all the glory for jimmy johnson's and barry switzers teams.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Worst in what way? Yeah, Jerry screws up by not letting a general manager manage the running of the team, but that SOB bought the Cowboys for what 140 million and now it is worth 7.6 billion. I voted for Gayle because she inherit it from her sugar daddy and has done nothing with it. Obviously my opinion. Is it worth more now than it was when she got it? It's worth around 3 billion now. I am talking as a disgruntle Saints fan. It could also be I don't like her.

I don't want to research it but how many countries have a smaller GDP than what the cowboys are worth.

Last edited:
Reactions: ronpolk

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Worst in what way? Yeah, Jerry screws up by not letting a general manager manage the running of the team, but that SOB bought the Cowboys for what 140 million and now it is worth 7.6 billion. I voted for Gayle because she inherit it from her sugar daddy and has done nothing with it. Obviously my opinion. Is it worth more now than it was when she got it? It's worth around 3 billion now. I am talking as a disgruntle Saints fan. It could also be I don't like her.

I don't want to research it but how many countries have a smaller GDP than what the cowboys are worth.
Exactly. You nailed it. Jerry is a great owner and a terrible GM. Although maybe if he was a better owner he'd have the balls to fire the GM?

Bottom line is Jerry has made the NFL and fellow owners more money than they would have without him. From suing the NFL for advertising rights to championing the Salary cap to pushing for the league to regain a presence in the #2 market in the US. Solid business man terrible football man!

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Robert Kraft.
Something about him rubs me the wrong way..
Joke Burn GIF by Travis

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Jerry Jones is a great owner. Under his ownership, the Cowboys are the most valuable brand in American professional sports and one of the most valuable sports brands in the world. Unfortunately, he also thinks he is a football man and insists on being the GM and making football decisions. If he would just run the business of the team and let a real GM run the football operations, the Cowboys would be unstoppable. But his ego and hubris gets in the way of that.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It's funny that many of you think it's about winning.

These teams are so valuable that billionaires cannot even buy into partial ownership of the worst teams.

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Haslem by a mile.

We may hate on Jerry, but he's probably one of the best owners. Bottom tier GM though.
Wrong. Good Owners don't hire or retain bad GM's. Jerry Jones admitted he woulda fired a GM long ago had he done as schitty a job as he has done. No owner has ever given a bigger 17 you to a fan base in such a sick, narsistic & selfish way. Jerry reminds me of Mel Brooks in "History Of The World".

Reactions: ll Martain ll

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Jerry Jones reminds me of a guy I played golf with a couple of times. Great businessman who owned a couple of very successful golf complexes but couldn't break 90 on the course if his life depended on it.

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
The choices should be

Woody Johnson - Jets
Mark Davis - Raiders
Dan Snyder - Redskins (I know he sold them)
Bidwill Family - Cardinals
Ford Family - Lions

Shadid Khan - Jaguars & Jimmy Haslam get a pass because they or their families have only been owners since 2012

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Jones has won 3 super bowls. Had his teams relevant in the nfl for majority of the last 30 years and is the richest franchise in all of sports. The fact he’s on this list is comical.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Haslem by a mile.

We may hate on Jerry, but he's probably one of the best owners. Bottom tier GM though.
Agreed.

Also, I know the Broncos haven’t been great from an ownership perspective for a while but Walton’s only owned the team for a couple years.

Pat Bowlen’s estate had been in charge from 2014 until Walton bought it.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
The choices should be

Woody Johnson - Jets
Mark Davis - Raiders
Dan Snyder - Redskins (I know he sold them)
Bidwill Family - Cardinals
Ford Family - Lions

Shadid Khan - Jaguars & Jimmy Haslam get a pass because they or their families have only been owners since 2012
Yeah, my list would look something closer to this: Jets, Raiders, Cardinals.

I think those 3 teams combined for only 1 season with a playoff wins in the last 15 years (Cardinals / Carson Palmer in 2015).

And, before you’re like “it’s hard to win a playoff game” - since 1990, those three franchises have combined for like 8 divisional titles in +/- 99 individual seasons.

Last edited:

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
I despise jones leadership and what it does to the team attitude/player mentality. That’s another conversation. If you want to make it about value then he shouldn’t be on there. I’d venture to say no one has done less with more. When they won super bowls in bunches there was no salary cap, so they could just out pay like the Yankees.

Worst to first list

Carolina ownership is on here ranked turrible
@hatfieldms raiders are listed pretty low too

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login