Who did Mike Wright piss off?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Guy is amped to. He needs the reps and wants to be out there. Let the man show what he can do. This season is a bust. It's time to go all in on building for the future. Get everyone on the same page, sell it, and let's go.
Agreed. We need a spark and energy. We need some mojo. Will ain't got mojo. Maybe he's just a little to nice. It never looks like he has energy or fire. Someone give him a dang red bull

Reactions: knock him out john

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
A Quarterback is going to fix things. I'm very sorry to tell you it will not. We might score a couple more points, but it does not make us play better defense, run the ball, or catch it any better. We will still be short linemen on both sides of the line, receivers (other than one or two), and defensive backs. None of that has anything to do with who was playing at quarterback and how well they played, how bad they played, or whether they didn't play at all. Even if we had brought in an all-American quarterback, it would not have changed what happened on that field.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
A Quarterback is going to fix things. I'm very sorry to tell you it will not. We might score a couple more points, but it does not make us play better defense, run the ball, or catch it any better. We will still be short linemen on both sides of the line, receivers (other than one or two), and defensive backs. None of that has anything to do with who was playing at quarterback and how well they played, how bad they played, or whether they didn't play at all. Even if we had brought in an all-American quarterback, it would not have changed what happened on that field.
Disagree with you. If we had an all American qb with wheels and an arm we at least compete in that game.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I generally agree but we could've made this game a helluva lot more interesting without the three turnovers.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
The biggest issue is we have no identity or plan. Are we trying to go all in with will? If so, what's the vision there? Sell out to it. Do we have something else in mind? ******* great, let's sell that vision and go all in on it. This ***** footing around hoping nice things happen to us is a waste of time. Set the vision, get players and fans to buy in, recruit to it, and let's get after it. Nobody knows what is going on. Fix it.

eta: whiskey fueled above. But you get the drift

Reactions: tyroid

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Once again in my MSU fandom that dates back to the 70s, the "best" MSU QB according to our fans has pretty much been the back up. The only time that might have been correct was immediately before John Bond, and later Dak, took over. The only time that that wasn't true was probably the later part of 2014 and 2015.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Once again in my MSU fandom that dates back to the 70s, the "best" MSU QB according to our fans has pretty much been the back up. The only time that might have been correct was immediately before John Bond, and later Dak, took over. The only time that that wasn't true was probably the later part of 2014 and 2015.
There were posters calling for Dak to be benched to prepare for 2016.

Pjr0987

Sep 26, 2023
Staff needs to grow a pair and bench Will. Right now he’s the worst qb in the league. How many other staffs keep rolling with the same guy that’s the worst in the league without giving the backup a legitimate shot ?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Cat What GIF by truth

Where do you folks come up with stuff like this?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
He’s not lying. In 2015 I saw some takes that would make Goat blush.
Absolutely no one with an IQ more than their shoe size posted anything like that.

For whatever reason, some folks try to rewrite history, similar to those folks coming out of the woodwork trying to advance the narrative the fanbase wanted Leach fired and he wasn't loved here.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
We ran the ball great last night. Maybe another qb doesn’t throw the atrocious picks which led to 2 TDs. Also Wright has another year so get him going now.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We ran the ball great last night. Maybe another qb doesn’t throw the atrocious picks which led to 2 TDs. Also Wright has another year so get him going now.
That's ibleedmaroons take and he's sticking to it. Obviously the defense won't be fixed snd our pass blocking misses. But our run blocking was great. Pass blocking miss, well a mobile qb can get away from stuff like that

Reactions: aTotal360

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The biggest issue is we have no identity or plan. Are we trying to go all in with will? If so, what's the vision there? Sell out to it. Do we have something else in mind? ******* great, let's sell that vision and go all in on it. This ***** footing around hoping nice things happen to us is a waste of time. Set the vision, get players and fans to buy in, recruit to it, and let's get after it. Nobody knows what is going on. Fix it.

eta: whiskey fueled above. But you get the drift
Will running zone read scares no one and they always queue up the running back.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Basically every team in the SEC has a mobile QB that can hit open receivers. We don’t.
Yes the narrative that they are hard to find is crap. Everyone is running a fuel threat qb system but us. Everyone has found a qb with athleticism and the ability to make plays with their legs and throw. And those offense score points every weekend. If they aren't speedsters they are quick or can move enough and hit on the run. I've seen a little more from rogers but he still isn't strong athletic or shows any moxy to get in the way after a hand off to help block. Last night I saw him go down and play possum. I watched other qbs get in the way and try to block

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Negative. Dak had one of his best years. We had some rough games because someone convince jrob to come out and we lost a lot on the line from 14.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You got to understand I'm not arguing about Will's ability. I'm arguing about the fact that we have nobody who can stop them from scoring.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
You got to understand I'm not arguing about Will's ability. I'm arguing about the fact that we have nobody who can stop them from scoring.
Now that makes sense and I agree. Our defense rarely forces a punt. W turnover msybe. But we can't get off the field but making good defensive plays. Not sure if we have forced many 3 and outs yet outside of sela

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Negative. Dak had one of his best years. We had some rough games because someone convince jrob to come out and we lost a lot on the line from 14.
I’m not going back 8 years to find the posts. In 2015 when we were out of the west race there were posters wanting to bench Dak to prepare for 2016.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We do have some dumb fans but I wouldn't think that is a majority. Dak was the offense.
Running and throwing.
min this offense Will is hit or miss. Been a lot more miss so far.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
We do have some dumb fans but I wouldn't think that is a majority. Dak was the offense.
Running and throwing.
min this offense Will is hit or miss. Been a lot more miss so far.
Never said it was a majority. Just said we had posters in 2015 wanting to bench Dak. There’s other replies in this thread that didn’t believe it. Here’s 2.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Never said it was a majority. Just said we had posters in 2015 wanting to bench Dak. There’s other replies in this thread that didn’t believe it. Here’s 2.

That first guy is an idiot. Who though fitz was some passer in 15 when he ran triple option wing t in high school. He also had a post wanting Key instead of fitz. He also hasn't posted on a while. I would agree that dear would have been a better back than shumpert. That was a weird deal. Dear never stayed healthy though.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Did you click them? Almost no engagement, other than being shutdown.
Did you read my original post? I said posters were calling for it. Here’s 2 examples. Nowhere in my post did I “For whatever reason, some folks try to rewrite history”

Reactions: mcdawg22

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Did you read my original post? I said posters were calling for it. Here’s 2 examples. Nowhere in my post did I “For whatever reason, some folks try to rewrite history”
Did you read mine? "Absolutely no one with an IQ more than their shoe size posted anything like that." Obviously, that poster is an idiot and not representative of the fanbase.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Did you read mine? "Absolutely no one with an IQ more than their shoe size posted anything like that." Obviously, that poster is an idiot and not representative of the fanbase.
“Where do you folks come up with stuff like this?”

Yes. I read this as you think I’m making it up. I clearly remember the calls to bench him because, at the time, and still do, think it was some of the stupidest **** posted in the history of this message board.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
“Where do you folks come up with stuff like this?”

Yes. I read this as you think I’m making it up. I clearly remember the calls to bench him because, at the time, and still do, think it was some of the stupidest **** posted in the history of this message board.
Dude ignore idiots. That post got little engagement because most understand not to interact with idiots (or Reb lurkers). Consider that person a retard or undercover Reb.

Reactions: aTotal360

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Basically every team in the SEC has a mobile QB that can hit open receivers. We don’t.
Honestly we called one qb draw and will did well with it. We’ve got such crap play calling and no identity that it’s hard to know what would be better. We’ve certainly screwed up our use of Wright. He should at least get a series early on each game to see the impact and adjust from there.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login