Who did Mike Wright piss off?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Absolutely no one with an IQ more than their shoe size posted anything like that.

For whatever reason, some folks try to rewrite history, similar to those folks coming out of the woodwork trying to advance the narrative the fanbase wanted Leach fired and he wasn't loved here.
That absolutely happened. If I recall, we out Nick in for one play in a game and he threw a long dime, mag e even for a TD. From then on, he was better than Dak in many eyes.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
That absolutely happened. If I recall, we out Nick in for one play in a game and he threw a long dime, mag e even for a TD. From then on, he was better than Dak in many eyes.
Negative ghost rider. Absolutely no one with an IQ more than their shoe size posted anything like that, other than maybe a Reb lurker. Go back and click the links the previous idiot posted.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Once again in my MSU fandom that dates back to the 70s, the "best" MSU QB according to our fans has pretty much been the back up. The only time that might have been correct was immediately before John Bond, and later Dak, took over. The only time that that wasn't true was probably the later part of 2014 and 2015.
To me it's not about the backup being better. It's about the backup being totally different stylistically and more of a fit for the offense. When it's clear that it's not working with the first guy, shouldn't you at least TRY something else?

What I'll never understand is the large volume of blind loyalty this fanbase has to the guy who's out there shitting the bed time after time.

And the folks comparing this to Dak/Fitz are missing the point. Dak wasn't shitting the bed and Fitz went on to be the greatest rushing QB in the history of the SEC.

Last edited:

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
To me it's not about the backup being better. It's about the backup being totally different stylistically and more of a fit for the offense. When it's clear that it's not working with the first guy, shouldn't you at least TRY something else?

What I'll never understand is the large volume of blind loyalty this fanbase has to the guy who's out there shitting the bed time after time.

And the folks comparing this to Dak/Fitz are missing the point. Dak wasn't shitting the bed and Fitz went on to be the greatest rushing QB in the history of the SEC.
And Rogers is neither, nor is Wright.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login