Who does A&M go after?

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
If they were smart, which they're not, they'd go get Dan Heefner from DBU. How he built that program at DBU is impressive. It's rinky dink private Christian school in a crappy industrial part of Dallas/Duncanville on a toxic reservoir.

He's possibly the best developer of hitters in college baseball. He turned down Baylor about 10 years ago, but in an NIL world he's got to know he'll never win it all at a tiny school like DBU... Hell I'm talking myself into State canning Lemonis and making a run at him.

He coaches up players big time and that's what we need in a world where we can't quite get to the top of the NIl bucket... Let's getting someone who'll turn a top 25 class into top 5 talent.

Reactions: Mjoelner and Dawgg

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
1 - If Selmon doesn't have a list of possible successors he's negligent. You ALWAYS have that list for every sport, at least the major ones.
2 - Keeping a coach to keep the players is never the right answer. Not sure a lot of our players are going to have any better options than to stay anyway.
3 - SC hired a damn good coach to get them back on track and in good position to hire the next coach in 3-6 years.
You'd think State fans would understand that now.

Reactions: Mjoelner and patdog

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
If they were smart, which they're not, they'd go get Dan Heefner from DBU. How he built that program at DBU is impressive. It's rinky dink private Christian school in a crappy industrial part of Dallas/Duncanville on a toxic reservoir.

He's possibly the best developer of hitters in college baseball. He turned down Baylor about 10 years ago, but in an NIL world he's got to know he'll never win it all at a tiny school like DBU... Hell I'm talking myself into State canning Lemonis and making a run at him.

He coaches up players big time and that's what we need in a world where we can't quite get to the top of the NIl bucket... Let's getting someone who'll turn a top 25 class into top 5 talent.
Would love to have him

his son is able to play for him at DBU and he has 2 more coming through the ranks ‘25 and ‘27

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

He'd be the guy who wouldn't like Starkville because of Target. Seems like when MSU folks go to TX (especially DFW or Austin), they never come back. We can't even get Raffy to buy a house, mane.

Heefner may not even want to go to College Station either. I mean look at Schloss, them guys get used to that city life. 3 years and I'm out, bltches, even when I'm winning big.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
He’s proven he can make it to the dance. He hasn’t proven he can win it all.

Mike Martin (FSU) says cheers! He took his team to SEVENTEEN (17) College World Series and WON ZERO.

Happy Hour Sport GIF by US Open

Reactions: Dawgg

RopeDawg

Feb 24, 2023
Lemonis would actually be a smart hire for them. He has shown he can win with others talent. Would basically be the same type situation he inherited here.

Reactions: Dawgg

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Guys, I don't think there's as much daylight between those two as a lot of folks here believe.

At the end of the day, I would trade 70 CWS appearances for 1 National Championship.
The flaw with this thinking. If you are in the CWS 70 times, the law of averages would suggest you have multiple NC, not just 1. So no, give me the 70 trips and you can have bucket boy.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
The flaw with this thinking. If you are in the CWS 70 times, the law of averages would suggest you have multiple NC, not just 1. So no, give me the 70 trips and you can have bucket boy.
Well, no, that’s not necessarily how that would work. Florida State has 24 CWS appearances and has zero championships.

Multiply that by 3, you still get 72 appearances and 0 championships.

I’d rather have the 1 championship.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I understood that to mean 70 trips to Omaha with zero titles vs. one title. 70 trips to Omaha with an unknown number of titles is very different.