Who is cheering for DJ tonight?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I can’t say that I am. In general, if you transfer out for money or to go to a better team, I hope you don’t do well. Same to RaRa.

Add in that recording or whatever that went down right before Leach died.

I don’t think they’ll have the same success vs Texas. I still say the PAC was weak, especially on defense.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
No, he’s had a good year, and is a good back, but his ******** drama led to the demise of our coach.
No What GIF by Chris Piascik

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I don’t think the stress of dealing with the release of the recorded conversation concerning Dillon Johnson and Johnson’s subsequent statement helped Leach’s health. He wasn’t healthy to begin with. His skin color was off during the egg bowl. It’s not Jonson’s fault, but his ******** didn’t help anything.

Reactions: MStateDawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
17 him. I don’t care if they win or lose. But I think they lose. I do know I’m not staying up to watch the end in a work night.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

SanfordRJones

Nov 17, 2006
I don’t think the stress of dealing with the release of the recorded conversation concerning Dillon Johnson and Johnson’s subsequent statement helped Leach’s health. He wasn’t healthy to begin with. His skin color was off during the egg bowl. It’s not Jonson’s fault, but his ******** didn’t help anything.
That's 17ing ridiculous.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
Absolutely.

He’d still be here if we had a better offense. And some of you are nuts, but we’ve known that.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
He's just another player on another team that I have no allegiance to, you know, like he had no allegiance to us. Why should we be "cheering for DJ tonight" ?
I’m not but Leach probably could have handled that better.
But with the Pirate, you got what you got with him, good or bad.
Mostly it was good but sometimes his unabashed comments, some people didn’t like.
DJ obviously didn’t but soft was not a quality he possessed.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I don't cheer for anyone who abandons Miss State. Screw him. Screw Woody and Will next season.
But you’re ok with us taking guys from other schools in the portal? It works both ways. Will and Woody gave us four good years and I hope they do well in their final season.

Reactions: Motodawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
But you’re ok with us taking guys from other schools in the portal? It works both ways. Will and Woody gave us four good years and I hope they do well in their final season.
Damn right! We would not have too if our guys did not inter. I am not pulling for those guys. I hope they made a mistake.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
DJ did the best thing for him. He is much better off and it will pay off come draft time

patdog

May 28, 2007
I’m not but Leach probably could have handled that better.
But with the Pirate, you got what you got with him, good or bad.
Mostly it was good but sometimes his unabashed comments, some people didn’t like.
DJ obviously didn’t but soft was not a quality he possessed.
No doubt Leach could have handled that better. But I doubt he just said those things out of the blue with no reason. And it’s not like he knowingly said them publicly. It was a private conversation.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Absolutely, I’m ok with us taking players from the portal if they can help us. And 17 good players who leave us in the portal. I don’t apologize for my double standard.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You cheer for the Helmet. Not the name on the back of the Jersey.
But the ones who are in it for the right reasons endear themselves to their fanbase. At this point, DJ is a Washington mercenary, not an MSU guy. Same for Rara, Rogers, Woody and the rest.

Worked out great for him, but I won’t cheer for him and neither will a large amount of MSU fans I’m betting.

It’s not a good thing for coaches or transfers to go elsewhere and do better than they did at MSU.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
No doubt Leach could have handled that better. But I doubt he just said those things out of the blue with no reason. And it’s not like he knowingly said them publicly. It was a private conversation.
A private conversation… with someone other than the person he is talking about. A player at that.

What did he think would happen? At best you’re depending on a 20 year old to not repeat it to his friend that he was talking about. It was just stupid on his part.

• Angry
Reactions: Fishsqeezer

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
I have always heard that stress is a leading cause of heart disease. We don’t know. This might have played a part; but we just don't know.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
A private conversation… with someone other than the person he is talking about. A player at that.

What did he think would happen? At best you’re depending on a 20 year old to not repeat it to his friend that he was talking about. It was just stupid on his part.
Leach didn’t give a 17. He would have just kept right on rolling and went 8-4 or 9-3 this year. That mindset is foreign to many of you.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
I have always heard that stress is a leading cause of heart disease. We don’t know. This might have played a part; but we just don't know.
Are you really a preacher implying this? For a situation Mike Leach caused himself?

It couldn’t be his diet, exercise, possibly stress of being a D1 football coach, the significant heart issues he was rumored to have, etc. We’re going to blame it on something that happened a week before he died.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
Leach didn’t give a 17. He would have just kept right on rolling and went 8-4 or 9-3 this year. That mindset is foreign to many of you.
And that’s fine, but bitching about it like he didn’t know what could happen is stupid. And acting like he’s blameless is equally if not more stupid.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Don’t know about that… but if Washington fans are expecting Rodgers to step right into Penix’s shoes… they are going to be very disappointed.
I think he’s making a mistake. Should be going to WKU to play for the coach that the mouth-breathers tried to claim got fired.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Right. Leach didn’t give a 17. Which is why implying DJ’s public departure had anything to do with Leach’s death is a batsнit crazy thing to say (or like).

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
No, he’s had a good year, and is a good back, but his ******** drama led to the demise of our coach.
Time to switch to water and call it a night, bud. Sleep it off; you’ll feel better tomorrow morning after some coffee and a greasy breakfast.

Reactions: CEO2044

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Yeah I’m just intrigued if Penix/DJ are just that good (and Nix too for that matter), or if they just don’t see defense in the PAC-12.
Penix is that good. As we have discussed in a group thread can you see Rogers making any of those throws?

Reactions: Dawgg

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
Right. Leach didn’t give a 17. Which is why implying DJ’s public departure had anything to do with Leach’s death is a batsнit crazy thing to say (or like).
Precisely- can’t have it both ways.

Absolutely crazy and awful takes.

Reactions: Dawgg

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Penix is that good. As we have discussed in a group thread can you see Rogers making any of those throws?
I’m a Rogers fan, but I don’t think many people can sling it like Penix. Gonna be tough to follow that guy.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Are you really a preacher implying this? For a situation Mike Leach caused himself?

It couldn’t be his diet, exercise, possibly stress of being a D1 football coach, the significant heart issues he was rumored to have, etc. We’re going to blame it on something that happened a week before he died.
I'm not trying to imply anything, but simply raising the possibility that it COULD have something to do with it, and I am not blaming DJ, even though I thought it was claseless on his part, but he couldn't have known Leach was in bad health.

The point is, one never knows what someone is going through, stress or otherwise. Maybe I might need to watch what I say the next time I am tempted to make a snide remark about someone.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login