Who is cheering for DJ tonight?

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
I'm not trying to imply anything, but simply raising the possibility that it COULD have something to do with it, and I am not blaming DJ, even though I thought it was claseless on his part, but he couldn't have known Leach was in bad health.

The point is, one never knows what someone is going through, stress or otherwise. Maybe I might need to watch what I say the next time I am tempted to make a snide remark about someone.
It was classless on both of their parts. A coach in an authority role over another shouldn’t go talking bad about that person period, but especially not to another person he’s in an authority role over.

He never said anything rude about Leach- just that he was telling others (not even him) he wasn’t tough. The video had been circulated- I saw it by the next morning. So whether Leach intended for it to be private or not, it wasn’t. He responded to it publicly because the video was now public- and indirectly, just like Leach. It was tit for tat to me. If you’re mad at one, be mad at the other.

I know Dillon and Ive NEVER seen him react like that- so something went on that we don’t know about. I know he loved the guy, but we’re not privy to what went on before, during, and after that- as it should be. To hear adults think blaming him for his death, even remotely, is so wrong to me. Especially when you don’t know him and don’t know one iota about their relationship. I don’t say that kind of stuff to people I don’t even care for, personally. But that’s me. You do you.

If that alone triggered his death (it didn’t), then he had no business 1. Being in the line of business he was in and 2. Saying something so dumb to another player expecting it to not get out and face the blowback.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login