Who is the best QB in college football history

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Here’s the question. If you were assembling a team to run your choice of offense, which qb do you take and why? I want Manziel - I want the quickness. Never seen a QB that quick
Tebow
I’m kinda shocked no one else mentioned Tebow. Two nattys, he willed that team to win at times, mostly on his back. I remember saying to myself at some point, “this is the greatest college football player of all time”…so whether I was right or wrong, or he was or was not..that’s my vote.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Mike Vick
I think sometimes people forget just how good this dude was. So far in my lifetime, he and Lamar Jackson are the only dual-threat QBs that didn't have elite passing skills, that were able to actually have success in the NFL with it. Most flame out and the elite passers rise above.

I still can't put them over Cam, though. Maybe it's the teams they were on. In college, he was just so elite at both.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I think sometimes people forget just how good this dude was. So far in my lifetime, he and Lamar Jackson are the only dual-threat QBs that didn't have elite passing skills, that were able to actually have success in the NFL with it. Most flame out and the elite passers rise above.

I still can't put them over Cam, though. Maybe it's the teams they were on. In college, he was just so elite at both.
I was going between the two but overall I felt like Vick did all that by himself. Cam had some talented players on offense that helped him out. Still an incredible college player.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Vick might not have had elite passing skills(debatable). But he certainly had an elite arm, strength wise.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I just looked it up to see who won the Heisman in 1999. Ron 17ing Dayne. I can't remember that well, but I bet it was due to that nonsense about not giving it to a freshman.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I'd judge by what the team was with him vs what it would have been without him. For me, since I started paying real attention to college football back in the 70s, that is Cam Newton.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Factor in how some QBs get the rest of the team to play their hearts out. Not just raw talent.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login