Who is your favorite CFB program…

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Enjoyed watching Washington State in the late night Pac-12 games when Leach was coaching them. I like Gundy so I follow Oklahoma State. And I’m fascinated by Iowa playing football like it’s still 1974 and being unabashedly proud of that.

Jul 10, 2009
Texas A&M - Been following since Jackie made them relevant. Yes, their yell leader based traditions are quirky as all get out. But they have other traditions which are compelling. Call it an acquired taste...

Their teams in the Sherrill & Slocum eras were fun to watch. Much like our teams in the JLD era, the defenses often compensated for ineffective offenses.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
These days, none of them. I’ll watch just about every Mississippi State game. But just can’t make myself care about the rest.
Agree 100%, the last few years have done me in. It's hard enough to be loyal here with names on the roster changing like the seasons, definitely not going to show any loyalty to anybody else team when their own players don't show any to the school either

Reactions: patdog

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Iowa Hawkeyes Football GIF by University of Iowa Hawkeyes Athletics

Obviously my answer is Southern Miss.
Wasn't sure till I saw the watermark but I see what you did there

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
that is not Mississippi State? Mine is Oklahoma State. I don’t have a good reason why but basically since the Mike gundy era began I have been a fan of them. Stillwater/OSU kind of give me a Starkville/MSU vibe. I also like there uniforms and color scheme.
I've got lots of family up in Jonesboro, so naturally:

Arkansas-state GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Of course, if State played stAte, I hope State wins by 90.

WrightGuy821

Mar 13, 2019
I root hard for anybody playing against OM, Alabama, ND, and Tulane. If I was a fan of another non SEC school it'd probably OK State or Wazzou

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
USTA and Texas State. Both of these schools just started playing FBS recently.
After 30+ years as an MSU fan, I don't have the bandwidth to be a real fan of another team. I do keep up with teams local kids play for, a couple of friends coach for, or schools connected to family. The closest I've been to being a fan of another team is Valdosta State while my son was there. They compete at a high level and have a nice game day experience for DII.
If things continue the way they are, I may adopt a smaller team, somewhere. Not sure if that will be a smaller FBS team or just an FCS or D2. Seems like they all want to be FBS at some point, but those teams have less of a chance for success than MSU, at least as far of a national title. Maybe not so much within their conference.

I mean, speaking of Georgia, why do GA Southern and now Kennesaw State want to be FBS? Win all those titles then go up and get beat? Don't want to keep a niche? Seems like the Dakotas have the right idea. Plus, they are in a way competing with the big schools. Seems people would want to develop some dual fandom.

Last edited:

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Never followed any other team but I will pull for the smaller schools from our area (usm, Memphis, uab)

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
that is not Mississippi State? Mine is Oklahoma State. I don’t have a good reason why but basically since the Mike gundy era began I have been a fan of them. Stillwater/OSU kind of give me a Starkville/MSU vibe. I also like there uniforms and color scheme.
I love rooting for OkSt. Been a cowpoke fan since Les Miles was there with Tatum Bell and all those Woods boys (they were like the Okst version of the Dixons)

Nov 20, 2023
Mine would have to be Ok State as well, and also Clemson. Something I like about them, being the State school also is cool. Mainly I just kinda pull for them I like what they had going and I like watching them trying to get back to that place which will not be any easy task for them. I like their stadium, and how the players enter and touch Howard’s Rock. Their stadium kinda reminds me of a larger version of our horseshoe same. I don’t know but I kind keep up with both.

BrunswickDawg

Aug 22, 2012
If things continue the way they are, I may adopt a smaller team, somewhere. Not sure if that will be a smaller FBS team or just an FCS or D2. Seems like they all want to be FBS at some point, but those teams have less of a chance for success than MSU, at least as far of a national title. Maybe not so much within their conference.

I mean, speaking of Georgia, why do GA Southern and now Kennesaw State want to be FBS? Win all those titles then go up and get beat? Don't want to keep a niche? Seems like the Dakotas have the right idea. Plus, they are in a way competing with the big schools. Seems people would want to develop some dual fandom.
Kennesaw has 45,000 students, which is more then UGA. Ga Southern has 26,000 students - so it's as large as a number of P5 schools (including OM and MSU), so it makes sense for them to be FBS.
What is crazy is West Georgia bumping up to FCS

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
LSU. I grew up a casual LSU fan and live in Louisiana now. Their games have a high chaos factor - the 7 OT game with A&M, the shoe toss game, all the crazy games vs. Auburn. They’ve had enough success to be relevant every year, unlike other blue bloods like Nebraska, Tenn, etc. However, they’ve had mediocre seasons and that keeps their fan base from being insufferable like Ohio State, Bama, etc.

Reactions: Rockymountaindawg

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
UGA…originally from GA and grew up a fan. As a State, UGA, & Braves fan, 2021 was glorious.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

Both of those schools are sleeping giants they have some large metro areas of Austin and San Antonio to recruit close. They have a large student base so they're going to have some alumni pumping money in soon. Texas State has close to 30,000 students. They may not be a TCU level but they definitely are going to be SMU level one day soon.

I think that would be a great school for us to try to play at set up a series with that when we did hit the road we would go to San Antonio and San Marcos, which both are just down the road from Austin, and not far from Houston.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login