Who makes the CFB Playoff in this scenario

FayuGes

Aug 1, 2022
Ohio State and Florida State would be the givens as the two undefeated teams.

Seeing the next two teams would tell us who controls the playoff committee.

Ichabod

Aug 16, 2022
Committee preached SOS on Ohio St being 1. So if that holds true then Ohio St, FSU, Texas and Bama. Oregon has a solid team but doesn’t have the resume.

Mini Fridge

Oct 1, 2022
In that scenario
1. Ohio State
2. FSU
3. Alabama
4. Oregon

Texas has the better win against Bama, however, at the time, Bama was still trying to figure out their QB situation, Texas didn’t have that issue. On a neutral site Bama would win. Now for Oregon(I’m going try to be as unbiased as possible since I’m an Oregon fan) they redeem their loss against Washington in the championship in which they only lost by three points. It wouldn’t be better than the Bama win but because the pac-12 was one of if not the best conference this, that would trump a one loss Texas team, knowing the committee

ButMizzouDoe

May 5, 2023
In that scenario
1. Ohio State
2. FSU
3. Alabama
4. Oregon

Texas has the better win against Bama, however, at the time, Bama was still trying to figure out their QB situation, Texas didn’t have that issue. On a neutral site Bama would win. Now for Oregon(I’m going try to be as unbiased as possible since I’m an Oregon fan) they redeem their loss against Washington in the championship in which they only lost by three points. It wouldn’t be better than the Bama win but because the pac-12 was one of if not the best conference this, that would trump a one loss Texas team, knowing the committee
Why would Bama win just because of it being a neutral site?

I thought home field advantage was worth a fg…

So with that in mind, how does losing that home field advantage and playing at a neutral site help them?

Reactions: paladin181

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login