Who the hell are the Cleveland GUARDIANS

Fritz!

Oct 16, 2014
Bob Hope is probably rolling over in his grave.

or at least giving an eye roll or mentioning something about laying an egg**

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
There's a red moon rising
On the Cuyahoga River
Rolling into Cleveland to the lake
On the Cuyahoga River
There's an oil barge winding
Down the Cuyahoga River
Down the Cuyahoga River
Cleveland, city of light, city of magic
Cleveland, city of light, you're calling me
Cleveland, even now I can remember
'Cause the Cuyahoga River
Goes smokin' through my dreams
Burn on, big river, burn on
Now the Lord can make you tumble
And the Lord can make you turn
And the Lord can make you overflow
But the Lord can't make you burn

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
On the Cuyahoga River
On the Cuyahoga River
Down the Cuyahoga River
Down the Cuyahoga River
Cleveland, city of light, city of magic
Cleveland, city of light, you're calling me
Cleveland, even now I can remember
'Cause the Cuyahoga River
Goes smokin' through my dreams
Now the Lord can make you tumble
And the Lord can make you turn
And the Lord can make you overflow
But the Lord can't make you burn
I can literally see the title sequence in my head as I read that. God I love that movie

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Dance Off Chris Pratt GIF

• Haha
Reactions: mcdawg22

RebelRH

May 2, 2013
Who are the Washington Commanders? We all grew up with Cleveland Indians and Washington Redskins. What's next? FSU, Kansas City, who else? Washington missed a great opportunity and should have named themselves the Washington Team Football and just put WTF on the side of their helmets.

Reactions: onewoof

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Who are the Washington Commanders? We all grew up with Cleveland Indians and Washington Redskins. What's next? FSU, Kansas City, who else? Washington missed a great opportunity and should have named themselves the Washington Team Football and just put WTF on the side of their helmets.
I’m hoping it’s Ole Miss and the racist cuntshit Rebel and I hope the fans riot to the point that the entire football team has to shut down.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don't get too worked up over this. Seminoles, Chiefs and Braves can be seen as more respectful.

Oct 7, 2022
What gets me, with all the money and intellectual talent at their disposal, they weren’t smart enough to keep the logos the same and rebrand themselves “The Warriors”. Problem solved.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I don't get too worked up over this. Seminoles, Chiefs and Braves can be seen as more respectful.
Exactly. Aside from the fact that the name is based on an Italian being completely wrong about his geography, the difference in the Chief Wahoo logo and the Chief Osceola logo are worlds apart.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Exactly. Aside from the fact that the name is based on an Italian being completely wrong about his geography, the difference in the Chief Wahoo logo and the Chief Osceola logo are worlds apart.
I fully concede that the Chief Wahoo logo was offensive. The fact that the Indians were so bad for so long that it made the logo even more comical didn't help the situation.

I also get why the name 'Redskins' could be offensive. But I think the logo and history of the franchise were pretty badass though, and many native americans embraced it.

The Braves are probably next. Mascot name is cool but imagery and logos not so much. I won't particularly like it when it happens.

"Seminoles" is here forever.

I do find it interesting that it's always some group of limp wristed liberals with gender confusion who feels it's their duty to tell the rest of us what we're supposed to be outraged and offended by.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I fully concede that the Chief Wahoo logo was offensive. The fact that the Indians were so bad for so long that it made the logo even more comical didn't help the situation.

I also get why the name 'Redskins' could be offensive. But I think the logo and history of the franchise were pretty badass though, and many native americans embraced it.

The Braves are probably next. Mascot name is cool but imagery and logos not so much. I won't particularly like it when it happens.

I do find it interesting that it's always some group of limp wristed liberals with gender confusion who feels it's their duty to tell the rest of us what we're supposed to be outraged and offended by.
I think Cleveland was legitimately protested by tribes.
Too your liberal comment. You are absolutely right. There are groups of people that latch on to these that couldn’t tell you what RBI stands for. However, I take offense to your broad generalization of all liberals. Literally nothing offends me except for Notre Dame. As someone with Irish ancestry I find the Fighting Irish offensive. I don’t fight. Now, if you want to make it something more appropriate like Drunken Irish. Fine.

Reactions: Dawgg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012

1728653528889.jpeg

Reactions: Drebin

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I’m just glad we are having this civil discussion since Indigenous Peoples Day is Monday.
The Sopranos Columbus GIF
But who was the OG Indigenous Peeps they displaced? We need to celebrate them as well and feel bad about the crimes against humanity that the most recent Indigenous Peoples committed against them. Until we go back to the very first humans or the tadpoles, we cannot do this properly.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
But who was the OG Indigenous Peeps they displaced? We need to celebrate them as well and feel bad about the crimes against humanity that the most recent Indigenous Peoples committed against them. Until we go back to the very first humans or the tadpoles, we cannot do this properly.
You’re reading way too much into this. I was making a Sopranos joke.

Reactions: onewoof

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

The Seminole tribe fully supports the Florida State nickname and mascot.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I think Cleveland was legitimately protested by tribes.
Too your liberal comment. You are absolutely right. There are groups of people that latch on to these that couldn’t tell you what RBI stands for. However, I take offense to your broad generalization of all liberals. Literally nothing offends me except for Notre Dame. As someone with Irish ancestry I find the Fighting Irish offensive. I don’t fight. Now, if you want to make it something more appropriate like Drunken Irish. Fine.
I didn't say all liberals. I said limp wristed liberals with gender confusion. There's lots of good ones with common sense out there.

Also:

see you and me GIF

• Haha
Reactions: mcdawg22

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Yes, very much so, which is why it's not going anywhere. And let's be honest, it's pretty badass.
It seems like we're at a détente on any mascot wars these days, at least as far as I'm aware.

I am a little surprised the Chiefs and Braves still do the war cry or whatever it's called. I'll admit it does sound kinda cool sometimes, but also weird to do in the modern era. I ring a heavy metal cowbell sometimes when my team does well, so I indeed live in a glass house.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
You very well might be next.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login