Why are people hating on Will Levis, but have said nothing about Anthony Richardson?

tired

Sep 16, 2013
AR is a great football player & athlete. He may be the best pure football player in the draft. He’s a project at qb, but if he hits, it’s a great pick. If not make him move to wr, with his skill set, he’d be good. Like I said he’s just a damn good football player, good attitude/personality, and ready to go to work. I wouldn’t have picked him there.

WL had 23 ints in 2 seasons. He has a poor personality, with some minor attitude issues. He’s a strange dude & seems to struggle with emotional support. Not a good trait for a qb. Most years, a qb like him would go 4th-6th round. And I don’t care what that idiot Mel Kiper says.

Reactions: HuntDawg and Dawgg

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I wonder why you’ll be rooting for Levis but don’t like Richardson. Hmmmmm
Because people pull for underdogs. Levi’s was on a crappy team with a crappy offensive scheme. Richardson was all everything coming in to Flarda. He sucked even though he had good talent around him and a good Coarch with Mullens. FYI I’m pulling against Young as well just because I 17ing feel like it. I’m pulling for Levi’s because he has the same hairdo as me and he likes blonde chicks like me too🤣🤣

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Because people pull for underdogs. Levi’s was on a crappy team with a crappy offensive scheme. Richardson was all everything coming in to Flarda. He sucked even though he had good talent around him and a good Coarch with Mullens. FYI I’m pulling against Young as well just because I 17ing feel like it. I’m pulling for Levi’s because he has the same hairdo as me and he likes blonde chicks like me too🤣🤣
The blonde is his sister.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Put an Elite OL with a good TE and RB and that will make an avg QB look stellar. That extra second in the pocket makes all the difference in the world and you don't hafta have world class WR's to get it done with the extra time. Of course it never hurts to have a Jerry Rice type with eyes in the back of his head knowing to do a 180 when his QB's in trouble.

Last edited:

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
So, saw a deal that said he comes off as extremely Cocky.
Nobody wants a locker room problem. Especially one that you can't get away from (first round $)

Last edited:

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
In looking at the 2nd round draft order, I'm not sure Levis gets drafted in the 2nd round. He doesn't seem to think he'll be drafted anytime soon because he has apparently left Kansas City and won't be in the green room today. I think Hendon Hooker gets drafted before him.
I would draft Hooker before him.

Reactions: patdog

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
He got the perfect situation drafted by Tennessee. He can sit behind Tannehill and learn and maybe develop into a good quarterback. We will see.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm actually more interested in watching the draft tonight because it's where teams are usually built up.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Detroit got the one player I thought was a steal in this draft IF he has some time to develop. I might be wrong, but I believe Hendon Hooker can be shaped into a good NFL quarterback

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Just looking at #1 overall QBs recently, you have Trevor Lawrence, Joe Burrow, Kyler Murray, Baker Mayfield, Jared Goff, Jameis Winston, Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Sam Bradford, Matthew Stafford, Jamarcus Russel. That's basically 15 years of No. 1 QBs and probably 4 that have lived up to billing? Not sure if that's better or worse than other positions drafted at No. 1 but doesn't seem great.

A little confused here. What qualifies as “billing” in this case?

Lawrence, Burrow, Murray, Luck, Cam, and Stafford have all ranged from very good to great. All definitely worth their draft stock and then some. Jameis and Goff haven’t been in the same echelon as the above group, but are / were NFL starters for a half decade plus in each instance. Neither have been bad. Baseline NFL QB’s at worst. Bradford / Mayfield / Russell all sucked, but that’s only 3 of the 11 names.

If you’re drafting #1, and there’s historically a 55-60% chance of you getting a great player by year 2 or 3 and an 80% chance of you getting at least a serviceable player, it certainly gives merit to using that pick on a QB.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If Trevor Lawrence ever gets the surrounding cast that is solid he will have some of the best numbers in the league.

It's not hard to be Superman when you have a supporting cast like Mahomes does in Kansas City.

*Thanks SMS

Last edited:

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I think it's a joke that Bryce Young IS considered a 1st round QB.

Ya'll need to go listen to Bartoo's stats on this type of thing. Levis elevated Kentucky in 2021. He didn't in 2022, a lot of it due to injury. And while it can be said that Young elevated Bama, it's still Bama with elite talent everywhere, and people were saying the same things about Tua. And we see how that's turned out.

Levis is the only QB in this draft who has a real chance. I'll be rooting for him. He also happens to have the measurables. Dude was a warrior for them in the game against us, and he was hurt.
Levis only qb in this draft that has a real chance. Funny. I’ll take that bet.

I will gladly take any of the qbs drafted ahead of him and lay as much money as you want that one of them has a better career than Levis.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I ripped on him because I got tired of hearing how talented he is when it's obvious he ain't. But mostly because he was telling friends and family that Carolina was taking him #1 right before the draft and then he sat in the green room all day getting passed over until the second round. I find that hilarious.

Reactions: Dawgg

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
Also did Levis elevate kentucky?

minus the covid shorten season. The last 7 years kentucky has done about the same with or without him. Both inside and outside of conference.

they also finished 11th in the polls in 2018, something Levis couldn’t manage in his time at kentucky

I just don’t see it at all.

Reactions: Dawgg and onewoof

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

minus the covid shorten season. The last 7 years kentucky has done about the same with or without him. Both inside and outside of conference.

they also finished 11th in the polls in 2018, something Levis couldn’t manage in his time at kentucky

Results-wise he was on par with Terry Wilson who sucked as a QB.

Reactions: patdog and HuntDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Yeah, Stoops is the thing that's elevated Kentucky. Took a little while, but the last 5 years has been they're best sustained run of solid football in a very long time.

Levis was a big component recently, but elevated doesn't apply.

Reactions: HuntDawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Anthony Richardson might turn out to be great but I thought he was a massive reach. Third round, maybe even second ? But if he gets to sit a couple three years he might become a true QB with super plus athleticism. He needs a lot of coaching

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login