Why do all our fans smell like the county fair???!

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022

We’ve seen three games now of Barbay’s mutant offense with Rogers. He can’t even hit the air raid throws when those plays are called. Barbay chose the wrong QB to alter his offense around at the start of Spring practice. Wright is at worst John Rhys Plumlee. I hope Barbay and Arnett know their jobs are not safe and consider making some adjustments this week. If they continue to push a square peg into a round hole, Malzahn’s agent needs to get ready for a call.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I would imagine Barbay was told to make it work with will. Except that hasn't happened. We were late into portal by the time we got Barbay. Had we gotten Briles I bet we would have a different qb. That could have been an issue with Briles. If we told him make it work with rogers.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Someone who understands football better than me please explain the arguments for not making a change. They don’t even have to be good arguments.

Also, please explain why we didnt give him a chance yesterday
Young coach and will is record holder. He feels like he owes it to him and fan base to play a 3 year starter

Last edited:

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
We’ve seen three games now of Barbay’s mutant offense with Rogers. He can’t even hit the air raid throws when those plays are called. Barbay chose the wrong QB to alter his offense around at the start of Spring practice. Wright is at worst John Rhys Plumlee. I hope Barbay and Arnett know their jobs are not safe and consider making some adjustments this week. If they continue to push a square peg into a round hole, Malzahn’s agent needs to get ready for a call.
Wrong. He did het the Air Raid throws and those were the plays that we scored on. Even the 50 yard run by Marks was an AR play.

With Wright, the box will be loaded up.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Wrong. He did het the Air Raid throws and those were the plays that we scored on. Even the 50 yard run by Marks was an AR play.

Wright’s WORST passing performance last year for Vandy was nowhere near 11 FOR 28. But y’all keep spreading this false notion about how much worse we would be with him at QB.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006

Smart coaches will load the box against Will too. It will shut down the run and force him to pass which he can't do under pressure because he is immobile. They have no reason at all to fear the long ball so why play back? He is a system QB who could complete quick passes when we had 5 blocking 3 against the drop 8.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
If the only reason will is playing is loyalty then someone needs to be fired. Saban pulled his starting QB in the national championship game for God’s sake. That’s why i need someone else to give me a reason. If Will really is the best we have then we need to burn a redshirt and play for the future

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
This ain't working. I'm a Rogers fan but he was not good. Try Mike and see what happens. Give him at least a quarter. Worst case scenario we lose. We are gonna lose anyway. Thats what Saban would do. Edited to add I agree about playing Parson. Make an investment in the future and show him that he is our starter going forward so he doesn't bail out. At least 4 complete games

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
This ain't working. I'm a Rogers fan but he was not good. Try Mike and see what happens. Give him at least a quarter. Worst case scenario we lose. We are gonna lose anyway. Thats what Saban would do. Edited to add I agree about playing Parson. Make an investment in the future and show him that he is our starter going forward so he doesn't bail out. At least 4 complete games
I just keep coming back to the fact that these guys are paid millions of dollars and literally spend all day plotting and planning football. I am a fan who compared to them presumably knows jack ****. I want to believe they know what they are doing, but this one decision seems so obvious. I hate it for Will. The situation he has been forced into isnt fair. But it is what it is

ETA: And if bench Will and it’s even worse? At least we the fans will shut up about that one part

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

It's already loaded up. They don't think will can throw it past 10 and they know he's slow and can't run it. Barbay also loads the box to help with protection on pass plays and running

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

Nobody here knows, even if they think they do.

But we might find out.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I can promise you that if I was getting paid 3 million dollars a year to win football games I would not hesitate to try something different if I was not meeting my goals. Hurt feelings would be unfortunate. You can always say well that didn't work but at least we tried and put Will back in. 5 days worth of practice is not gonna fix this dumpster fire. Y'all can say the 'Cocks aren't that good but they gave the Dawgs all they wanted and we ain't them Dawgs. I'm done predicting wins at this point

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yes this is it. You have to try to give a spark like we did with rogers his freshman year. Worse thing that happen for rogers was leach passing away. In turn leach coming was great for rogers. Had leach never came to msu he would have never seen the field under Moorhead or any other coach.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
I don't know how many times I've seen State coaches stick with a starter when it is so obvious that he isn't performing. Like Rupert says we are going to lose anyway so try something different. The only explanation has to be something in the DNA of coaches that make them so dogged stubborn. It's the genes, Bubba, the genes.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I will be honest. I loved Leach and the AR and those coaches. I like Will. Would have liked to see more running which it seemed was increasing game by game. I wish we would have kept those guys but that's gone now. Will has gotten worse every game so far. Saturday was pitiful performance by him personally as well as the whole team. I'm 100% ready to try something else. I wanted more MW against Arizona and can't believe we got nothing early against LSU

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I don't know how many times I've seen State coaches stick with a starter when it is so obvious that he isn't performing. Like Rupert says we are going to lose anyway so try something different. The only explanation has to be something in the DNA of coaches that make them so dogged stubborn. It's the genes, Bubba, the genes.
Well a proven 3 year starter is hard to change. If you suck then everyone thinks you are an idiot for doing it. But experienced head coaches figure it out eventually. I mean Mullen started with Tyson Lee with Relf on the bench until the egg bowl. I'm not saying will is Tyson because will is a proven good passer. But lee was more athletic. Even if he was mighty mouse size. Mullen also worked with lee too a certain point. Barbay ain't helping will at all. So might as well go to fast relf.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
We may not win an SEC game this year. I would have laughed at you if you had said that even two weeks ago. They have to try something. Unfortunately, I don’t think plugging in another QB is going to come close to fixing all of our problems

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I will be honest. I loved Leach and the AR and those coaches. I like Will. Would have liked to see more running which it seemed was increasing game by game. I wish we would have kept those guys but that's gone now. Will has gotten worse every game so far. Saturday was pitiful performance by him personally as well as the whole team. I'm 100% ready to try something else. I wanted more MW against Arizona and can't believe we got nothing early against LSU
The only way I can forgive Arnett for not using Wright more against LSU is that he knew who our QB was in that game didn't matter and though he knew he was going to have to give the ball to Wright at some point he didn't want to do it when he had basically no chance to succeed. LOL I can't believe I just gave Arnett credit for possibly being that smart.

Reactions: wdawg44

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I am predicting a change this week. The fans booing, leaving before halftime and the piss poor passes and his ability not to get out of trouble. It is done this week. I could be wrong but there is pressure mounting to do it.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Well if we struggle this week snd do nothing Arnett won't be head guy next year. Although from what I've seen that may be the best thing. Go get a guy with experience being a hesd guy at the top level. Every serious sec program has a proven head coach but us and Vandy. You see how that's going. South Carolina I guess falls into that but they have had their fair share of struggles. Beamer has had years of experience though. All the other guys are seasoned experienced coaches.we made the right move getting leach after Moorhead for winning head coach. I wasn't a fan of air raid but I liked leach as a head coach. He was a winner and knew what he wanted to do and how to do it. That's what you get with an experienced coach

Dawg84

Jul 28, 2015
I know Will has been our qb for 3 years, and I truly respect what’s he’s given to this team, and his passion and loyalty… but Arnett has to try something different offensively. I’m not saying do away with Will but, do something different. If it does mean a change at qb then, that’s what we need. Saban is in the same situation at Alabama right now. He’s in his office working on a change as I type this.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Why do we limit ourselves to just Will and Wright? The best QB on our roster is a freshman, let Chris Parson play! Anything is better than the clown show we had to watch.

• Haha
Reactions: patdog
Nov 25, 2019
Wright’s WORST passing performance last year for Vandy was nowhere near 11 FOR 28. But y’all keep spreading this false notion about how much worse we would be with him at QB.
i'd like to see him at least get the 4th quarter saturday when the game was over.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Why do we limit ourselves to just Will and Wright? The best QB on our roster is a freshman, let Chris Parson play! Anything is better than the clown show we had to watch.
This best QB on the roster is always the freshman with some of you guys. Maybe he will be the best QB on the roster in a year or two, but he's a true freshman.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

patdog

May 28, 2007
Wright's QB rating last year was 134. Will's was 139. I don't know where this narrative that Wright can't throw passes comes from.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I know Will has been our qb for 3 years, and I truly respect what’s he’s given to this team, and his passion and loyalty… but Arnett has to try something different offensively. I’m not saying do away with Will but, do something different. If it does mean a change at qb then, that’s what we need. Saban is in the same situation at Alabama right now. He’s in his office working on a change as I type this.

I'm sure Will would be devastated if he was benched, but it's also not really fair to Will to keep throwing him out there without putting him in a position where he can succeed. If Wright is just as limited, at least give him some full series so Will doesn't unfairly get all the heat and negativity.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Will played as a freshman. Happens all over the country, but not MSU...have to honor the unathletic senior.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Wright must be bad........I mean REALLY bad at throwing the football.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
Someone who understands football better than me please explain the arguments for not making a change. They don’t even have to be good arguments.

Also, please explain why we didnt give him a chance yesterday
If Nick Saban can replace Jalen Hurts at halftime of a national championship game, it's really not a leap at all to replace Will Rogers in game 4 of a most probable 4-8 season.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login