Why do all our fans smell like the county fair???!

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
We’ve seen three games now of Barbay’s mutant offense with Rogers. He can’t even hit the air raid throws when those plays are called. Barbay chose the wrong QB to alter his offense around at the start of Spring practice. Wright is at worst John Rhys Plumlee. I hope Barbay and Arnett know their jobs are not safe and consider making some adjustments this week. If they continue to push a square peg into a round hole, Malzahn’s agent needs to get ready for a call.
Of course it does........The hell with loyalty, let's win.........For all the BS we've heard all off year how Barbay isn't tied to one offense and how he tailor's his offense to the players, well so far that's b.s. from the QB perspective.........We will see this weekend if he can adapt.........

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I think we are better off wishing that the line figures out their assignments. I'm not sure Michael Vick could overcome that mess up front. It's bad.

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Speed means nothing when your oline is constantly blowing assignments and letting defenders run straight to the qb.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Saban is in the same situation at Alabama right now. He’s in his office working on a change as I type this.
Difference is after the first game, Saban has played 2 different QBs, 3 total for the year. Our 2nd one has gotten a few snaps the first game and has been MIA since

Reactions: patdog

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
We’ve seen three games now of Barbay’s mutant offense with Rogers. He can’t even hit the air raid throws when those plays are called. Barbay chose the wrong QB to alter his offense around at the start of Spring practice. Wright is at worst John Rhys Plumlee. I hope Barbay and Arnett know their jobs are not safe and consider making some adjustments this week. If they continue to push a square peg into a round hole, Malzahn’s agent needs to get ready for a call.
Considering he cannot complete a screen pass and I don't give a **** for which reason that is, my speed outweighs Rogers accuracy.

• Haha
Reactions: Clay Lyle

patdog

May 28, 2007
Speed means nothing when your oline is constantly blowing assignments and letting defenders run straight to the qb.
When the OL is struggling is exactly when a mobile QB is needed over a statue more than ever. It's still not gonna be great, but at least a mobile QB can salvage some plays instead of taking the sack.

Reactions: Baddog11

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
This ain't working. I'm a Rogers fan but he was not good. Try Mike and see what happens. Give him at least a quarter. Worst case scenario we lose. We are gonna lose anyway. Thats what Saban would do. Edited to add I agree about playing Parson. Make an investment in the future and show him that he is our starter going forward so he doesn't bail out. At least 4 complete games
Exactly, at the current production we are at, we are going to lose anyway. It effects nothing to go with Wright.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I am predicting a change this week. The fans booing, leaving before halftime and the piss poor passes and his ability not to get out of trouble. It is done this week. I could be wrong but there is pressure mounting to do it.
I was at the game without my wife and daughter, and even then I left with 6 minutes on the clock in the second quarter. It was that bad.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
It goes much deeper than just the QB position. We have the personnel to run the air raid and changing the QB might help a little but it isn't going to help the O line block.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Wright's QB rating last year was 134. Will's was 139. I don't know where this narrative that Wright can't throw passes comes from.
The narrative comes from two different SEC coaching staffs proving with their actions that they don’t think he can throw. So its not a narrative, its reality.

Since you want to compare Wright against Rogers last year, note that Wright had 34% of his pass attempts for the season in only 2 games….Hawaii and Elon. Awful competition. Look closer and you’ll see his stats in SEC games (and Wake) were pretty bad. He was benched in SEC play because he couldn’t complete anything down the field at all. By “down the field”, I mean anything beyond 5 yards. And he wasn’t automatic even on those throws. So, keep in mind you are comparing one QB in Rogers, who was asked to make every single throw demanded of the offense (short / long, every WR route in the tree, etc.) to another who had his inaccuracy hidden to the best of the coaches’ ability by their playcalling. And Rogers was still better.

Worth repeating again, we all wish Will Rogers was more than he is. He has issues. But he’s still the best we have. Arnett and Barbay may not be cut out for their roles, who knows. But they aren’t idiots. Both know they’ll never get another opportunity on this stage again if they fail, and they want to win football games. They are playing the best guys at every position.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017

In reality I'm sure that is the correct take. We may be surprised at what a crappy job they have all done as coaches and I 17n mean that, but there is no way they are losing with a better option on the bench. As stated earlier if I am making 3.5 mill a year I am not wanting to get canned anytime soon. And you know Barbie wants to be at least somewhat successful in the SEC. But its hard for me to comprehend what I am looking at. I expected a lot better

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login