Why do folks get mad and respond on Twitter?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The latest is Maroon Mary. She basically tweeted out that she didn't approve of Minshew dropping the f-bomb. Of course the trolls come out, and now she's tweeted back at them about blocking or something and getting all mad, and all these folks are defending her, etc., one way or another as if these are all adults having a conversation in a room. Recruits do this all the time too, they are bothered by a negative tweet, as if it's anyone who matters.

Do folks not understand that 80% of Twitter responses are actual, ruthless, intentional trolling meant for no other reason than to piss people off?

Reactions: PogueLife

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
The latest is Maroon Mary. She basically tweeted out that she didn't approve of Minshew dropping the f-bomb. Of course the trolls come out, and now she's tweeted back at them about blocking or something and getting all mad, and all these folks are defending her, etc., one way or another as if these are all adults having a conversation in a room. Recruits do this all the time too, they are bothered by a negative tweet, as if it's anyone who matters.

Do folks not understand that 80% of Twitter responses are actual, ruthless, intentional trolling meant for no other reason than to piss people off?
Twitter is an excellent platform for blowhards to say things they don't have the balls to say to someone in person. Much the same way you use this platform.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Twitter is great for info whether it’s sports, weather, news, financial markets etc but it’s also full of a bunch of blowhard attention whores.
This^^^. Twitter is a great source of information but you’ve got to be choosy about who you follow and be quick to unfollow or block the Aholes.

Reactions: DesotoCountyDawg

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Better question: Why do folks Twitter?
I 17ing hate it.

But for some dumb reason it's the primary way my kids schools communicate. Everything is put on twitter. Some stuff is emailed out, and some info comes via text messages. A few things make it to facebook. But every important announcement is on twitter. If you don't have twitter it's hard to keep up.

The annoying thing is I've followed maybe a dozen things, all related to Tupelo schools or MSU. And my twitter feed is cluttered with everything imaginable that has nothing to do with either of those.

Reactions: PogueLife

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I 17ing hate it.

But for some dumb reason it's the primary way my kids schools communicate. Everything is put on twitter. Some stuff is emailed out, and some info comes via text messages. A few things make it to facebook. But every important announcement is on twitter. If you don't have twitter it's hard to keep up.

The annoying thing is I've followed maybe a dozen things, all related to Tupelo schools or MSU. And my twitter feed is cluttered with everything imaginable that has nothing to do with either of those.
In the top right of the page when you log in, look for the little * star looking symbol (see screenshot below) Click on that symbol and make sure you have "See Latest Tweets" chosen as your preference (the alternative is "Top Tweets" or "Home" If you have "Latest" chosen all you see is messages from the people you follow and it eliminates the crap you are seeing now now. If you choose the other one you will see comments on tweets from other people, "Likes" from other people, "Retweets" from others etc. The bad thing is every time you log in you have to change it back to "Latest Tweets" because Twitter wants you to see all that other garbage and comment on it. If anyone knows how to make that change permanent let me know.

Another way to cut down on crap is click the little 3 dots to the right of the picture of anyone you do follow and click on "Turn Off Retweets", that will eliminate you seeing junk that someone you do follow wants others to see so they "Retweet" whatever the person they follow said.

I follow about 30-40 people and they are all weather, news, MSU related or a couple restaurants that Tweet their daily specials out. One of the best uses of Twitter I've found is when I have a problem w/ a product or service, Tweet them a message and it's amazing how quickly you get a response and you don't have to have a translator to understand the person on the other end of the phone like you do when you place a call to customer service. THey will typically ask you to send a detailed email to them and its much better than being on hold for half an hour to talk to someone that can't understand you and vice versa.

1671651724076.png

Reactions: kired

MStateU

Nov 15, 2009
This was a memorial for a 17ing pirate. She clearly missed the point. WHAT he said, was WHY he said it.
That's the way I took it. If you listened to the words that the two WSU players said, everything was about being true to self. Don't conform. You are you. Let it rip.

Gardner has no problem doing that.

Leach would have pissed himself laughing at Gardner giving the ESPN guys in the production van fits and making all the uptight blue hairs clutch their pearls. He would have told that story many times.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login