Why do people feel the need to……

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
…..judge which is better between Country Pleasin’ and Conecuh? What can’t both be fantastic?

Reactions: Faustdog

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Same reason people are fans of sports and care whether the team they pull for wins or loses. People want to be right or on the winning side of things. Everybody has different tastebuds.

Apologies for bringing logic to the thread.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
…..judge which is better between Country Pleasin’ and Conecuh? What can’t both be fantastic?
Because there is no doubt. Mine is way better than all of theirs! Make it yourself brother! It is way better meat and tastes better. Plus saves you about 50%

Reactions: maroonmadman

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
If you grilled both and had a blind taste test. There might be one person on this board who could actually tell the difference. Half of us would likely guess correctly and brag about how much of a sausage connoisseur we are but we'd really just be full of grilled sausage.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
The spice flavor in Conecuh is pretty distinct. I’m not saying I know what they are but I haven’t found but maybe one small brand that tastes similar.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
If you grilled both and had a blind taste test. There might be one person on this board who could actually tell the difference. Half of us would likely guess correctly and brag about how much of a sausage connoisseur we are but we'd really just be full of grilled sausage.
I thought the sausage connoisseurs were all over on the Spirit.

Rimshot Drum Joke GIF

Not that there’s anything wrong with that...

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Because there is no doubt. Mine is way better than all of theirs! Make it yourself brother! It is way better meat and tastes better. Plus saves you about 50%
A good friend of mine went to a 3 day sausage making class in Austin this summer. He has all the equipment now, so I can just take my meat over to his place (TWSS.) Last batch was jalapeño and cheese and frito chili pie. All beef on the chili pie and half beef and pork on the jap and cheese. I use my brisket trimmings for the beef and we just buy a cheap pork shoulder for the pork.

Controlling the quality of meat and seasoning to taste in sausage is a game changer. May go ahead and thaw the rest out for later this week.

CE639FEC-C6D5-4103-A563-2797DC5DAFB8.jpeg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
A good friend of mine went to a 3 day sausage making class in Austin this summer. He has all the equipment now, so I can just take my meat over to his place (TWSS.) Last batch was jalapeño and cheese and frito chili pie. All beef on the chili pie and half beef and pork on the jap and cheese. I use my brisket trimmings for the beef and we just buy a cheap pork shoulder for the pork.

Controlling the quality of meat and seasoning to taste in sausage is a game changer. May go ahead and thaw the rest out for later this week.

View attachment 294454
During his class, did he ever get the urge to just look around and say “hey, this is a real sausage fest.”

Rimshot Drum Joke GIF

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
During his class, did he ever get the urge to just look around and say “hey, this is a real sausage fest.”
One can only hope.

And for those who haven’t done it, there is no more emasculating task outside of swallowing a banana whole, than stuffing sausage in casing. Feels like a very fast, plump, and firm erection. Notice I made the jalapeño and cheese ones. Felt like they were the appropriate size until you compared them to normal sized ones.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
How is this even a question? One is quintessential Bama and one is quintessential 'Sip. This is like better BBQ, Dooey or Dreamland? Even if you think Dreamland is better you never say it, that's akin to telling people your brother has a better looking wife than you. A Mississippian picking Conecuh is like being born in Grenada, yet a lifelong Bama fan.

Last edited:

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

View attachment 294454
That's some truth! The quality of meat and its cheaper.

A pound of Jimmy deans here's 5 bucks. I make my own, enjoy the process and spend $2.38 per pound and the quality of the cut is way better

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I wish all of you could have tasted the original Country Pleasin when they were still operating out of that tin shack in Pelahatchie. Now that was good sausage and I wish we could still buy it. You could only buy it in bulk, no prepackaging.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Different purposes. Conecuh good for appetizer cut up with cheese. country pleasing, everything else.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I wish all of you could have tasted the original Country Pleasin when they were still operating out of that tin shack in Pelahatchie. Now that was good sausage and I wish we could still buy it. You could only buy it in bulk, no prepackaging.
My dad used to always get all the relatives that for Christmas. I grew up eating it from there so I will always say country pleasin is the best. Usually when I'm visit family I walk go by their store in Florence and buy it in bulk and bring back with me

Reactions: thatsbaseball

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Love this Death Wish thread. It's uh "whose got the best death food" contest. You fools who consume processed meats on the regular are so ignorant.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I would just go without sausage if Polks was the only option. Henry Cooper seems to be a good guy and I admire what he's done w/ the Red Pig brand in the last 20 years. Unlike Polks I will buy, cook and eat Country Pleasin but only if Conecuh isn't available

Last edited:

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018

View attachment 294454
So now I know why you are all hot and bothered about shooting an elk….. that would make some world class sausage.

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
They’re both good. I prefer Conecuh on the grill and CP in my shrimp or crawfish boil.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Ma Bell Sausage, Summit, Mississippi. Hands down, best sausage you can buy other than what you make yourself. We eat Conecuh and Country Pleasin’ too-but Ma Bell’s got it going on..

Reactions: Coast_Dawg

Requiem For A Dawg

Dec 3, 2008
Country Pleasin’ isn’t even the best sausage made in MS. That belongs to Lil Butcher Shoppe. I like Conecuh over Country Pleasin’ but give me Lil Butcher Shoppe over both.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login