Why do we circle the wagons and fire inward? Just curious...

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Is it because everytime MSU football takes the field, we know that the devil is one side and Jesus on the other?

Or something else? The infighting is so entertaining; perhaps I shouldn't call it out :-D

forestdepth

Feb 20, 2018
As verified trauma survivors (state fans) its cathartic in a way to come after our own to justify not meeting expectations. It’s something my therapist (Dawg_Therapist) and I are working through at the moment.

AROB44

Mar 20, 2008
[h=2]Why do we circle the wagons and fire inward?.

Because that is the MSU way. Been doing this for as long as I can remember.[/h]

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
Great question. I don’t know the answer. First step in doing anything successfully is believing it can be done.

Poppy IV

Nov 24, 2016
As I have always told my Reb friends, “Don’t you even try to dog State, I can do a much better job.”

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
As I have always told my Reb friends, “Don’t you even try to dog State, I can do a much better job.”
This is only one part of why the OP is true. Some of us are unapologetic ********. However, an occasional self-depreciating look in the mirror is a necessity for truth.

In reasonable humans who study history, perpetual underachieving often produces a cold pragmatism that suffers no fools. We are the living embodiment of Jack Cristil's legacy of realism. Wagging the dog is simply not in us.

An arch rival, whom I shall leave unnamed, shall readily accept any naive, water-toting propagandists who desire to defect.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Is it because everytime MSU football takes the field, we know that the devil is one side and Jesus on the other?

Or something else? The infighting is so entertaining; perhaps I shouldn't call it out :-D

MSU Syndrome. Engie has a paper coming out soon on the phenomenon

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Mr. Cook;[URL="tel:2004962" said:
2004962[/URL]]Is it because everytime MSU football takes the field, we know that the devil is one side and Jesus on the other?

To be completely honest without naming a name, but we all know who I’m talking about, some of us just need to be shot.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Why does a large portion of our fan base think it's fine to suck? I'd say it's an even split overall.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021

Well it’s mainly the idiots. And, just like idiots in this country, they choose one extreme or the other, resulting in fights. And while the idiots are probably not the majority, they are extremely loud.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Sounds like it. Every single fanbase is the same. We do absolutely nothing unique. Not even bells.

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
I tell you one thing, I think Tx Tech’s lone bell outshone all of ours put together. Of course, the game had a lot to do with that, but that thing was loud.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Pretty sure there are a lot of Ole Miss frat boy posers on SixPackSpeak. All the signs--entitled attitude, inflated ego, never wrong, no respect for someone else's opinion, escalates to name-calling quickly, know about half as much as they think they know about the sport being played, etc.

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Well it’s mainly the idiots. And, just like idiots in this country, they choose one extreme or the other, resulting in fights. And while the idiots are probably not the majority, they are extremely loud.
This irony of this post.

Sponsored by Smoked Toag- the 26th incarnation of the username of one who must be heard, no matter how may bans drop.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
What do you mean exactly? Fans getting mad at each other or fans getting mad at the staff? Fans being smart asses towards each other comes naturally in any social media. Getting mad at the coaching staff comes from the perpetual underachievement of the program.

No matter how much money is spent or how much talent gets fielded, MSU football teams find a way to blow it. The best team in 15 years completely collapsed in the last three games of ‘14. It’s not that they weren’t good enough, they just blew it much like this year’s team did in several games.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Well this board was founded because of fans getting bsnned from another site because they criticized the coach and program and weren’t happy about it.

To me the only way you get better as a program is to not polish a turd when it’s a turd and Accept it was **** and demand better for the program. Could you imagine if Byrne would have said well we won the liberty bowl last year and well miss state has always been pretty bad so we should just be happy we made a bowl last year. Doesn’t matter we just got blown out of a game.

Honest self assessment is important.
I’m an ******* a lot of the times yes.
I’m a bit of a perfectionist yes.
I just want my program of a school I went to and support to be the best it can be. I don’t feel like we played to our full potential as program especially in the last game

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login