Why do y'all hate Ole Miss?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I don't really hate em now - distance, both physical and time have largely moved me away from my college view.
At this point, they are just exhausting. The faux class, the attitude like they created stuff that isn't actually unique, etc etc.

Just eye rolling exhaustion at this point.

With that said, my kids know they will be disowned if they attend OM, even if it's a full expense free ride.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
I used to think that once I got out of MS and away from the daily grind of the rivalry stuff, the ole miss folks would just be normal people. However, all that one that I've since met have been absolute d bags. Just miserably awful people. I've come to realize my disdain for them is more than just a rivalry.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Two reasons that come to mind for me:
  1. Their brand is the Confederate States of America.

I agree with you: Heaven ain’t a lot like Dixie.

Exit Strategy Life GIF

Reactions: Dawgg

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I used to think that once I got out of MS and away from the daily grind of the rivalry stuff, the ole miss folks would just be normal people. However, all that one that I've since met have been absolute d bags. Just miserably awful people. I've come to realize my disdain for them is more than just a rivalry.
My wife, loyola Marymount alum, never been to Mississippi before we met, can spot rabbles by that d bag identifier. She didn't realize it until I pointed it out once. It's hilarious to see her recognize it now.

Reactions: Nugdawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I don't really hate em now - distance, both physical and time have largely moved me away from my college view.
At this point, they are just exhausting. The faux class, the attitude like they created stuff that isn't actually unique, etc etc.

With that said, my kids know they will be disowned if they attend OM, even if it's a full expense free ride.
I usually don't read your posts thoroughly and rarely read them the second time. You pretty much put everything down that I feel such an economical fashion that I thought I would say simply it covers just about everything I wanted to say. Anything else would give them more space than they are worth.

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
I don't hate them like I once did. Now, I don't acknowledge them or any other university. MSU is is my home. That's all that matters to me.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Oh, let’s see. It took them years to come out of their white supremacy image, yet they still have this ‘Better than y’all’ sense of class privilege that permeates their souls and is the remainder of false sense of heritage. That and they are a bunch of drunks.

Reactions: thekimmer

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Because of my Dad. He hasn't been to Oxford since he was in college. He graduated from State in 1964.

Funny story - one of my friend's in my grade - his mom was the guidance counselor at my high school. His mom asked me if she could apply me to Ole Miss so they could get a three man room for 2 people knowing I would never attend. I thought nothing of it and said sure. So I was enrolled at Ole Miss until July/August. I get a letter in the mail from Ole Miss saying you have been unenrolled, etc. When I got home and my Dad opened the mail - he was 3 shades of red pissed off. Thinking back on this - I don't know why I didn't receive anything else before then talking about tuition, etc.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Because of my Dad. He hasn't been to Oxford since he was in college. He graduated from State in 1964.

Funny story - one of my friend's in my grade - his mom was the guidance counselor at my high school. His mom asked me if she could apply me to Ole Miss so they could get a three man room for 2 people knowing I would never attend. I thought nothing of it and said sure. So I was enrolled at Ole Miss until July/August. I get a letter in the mail from Ole Miss saying you have been unenrolled, etc. When I got home and my Dad opened the mail - he was 3 shades of red pissed off. Thinking back on this - I don't know why I didn't receive anything else before then talking about tuition, etc.
I told my dad in high school that I was thinking of applying. He said I had every right to apply but he would never give that university a dime including any tuition, room, board, etc. He wouldn't even give me the application fee money. I did not apply.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don't hate them. I simply don't care about them anymore. And I've learned that most all fanbases have pompous azzholes, we have plenty ourselves, they just have an inferiority complex rather than a superiority complex.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022

If my daughter got a full ride to Ole Miss for a legit degree, I would allow it.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Its quite simply the fans. And an occasional player i.e. John Fourcade, Marshall Henderson, Robert Nkemdiche, Stewart Patridge, come to mind first

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
I just hate them because I 17'ing hate them. I guess that I just grew up way to close (Pontotoc) to that HELL.
I often think that I hate Ole Miss more than I like Mississippi State.

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
1st time on each campus. Was still in HS and went for concerts.
I guess I might have been a state lean just from hearing Jack call FB on the radio as a kid but really had no hate for Ole Miss. 1st time on their campus, the stereotypes came to life. Better than you attitude just showed. 1st time on MSU campus, was greeted much differently. Everyone was friendly. Just kind of stuck.

It's eve rubbed off on the kids. While he was in grade school my son invited one of his friends to come down to a MSU baseball game. The kid was a UM fan but we asked him how he liked it. He said he had fun and said my son could come with them to a UM game. My son just said No, can't go.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
If my daughter got a full ride to Ole Miss for a legit degree, I would allow it.
Well yeah, of course I wouldnt disown them- itd be a fully free college degree and I am not insane. But actually saying that ruins the long standing family joke.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
NOPE! Although both mine went the State route with one graduating last year and the other this May, I told them that even if they were offered a full ride to Ole Miss, they better keep looking because they would most likely qualify for a free ride somewhere else. Where? It didn't matter - UNA, Ark State, MTSU even Southern Miss. Anywhere except UM.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
It all goes back to the very different paradigms that led to the creation of MSU in 1878.

GoDawgz52

Aug 21, 2023
Hate is a very strong word.....but I would say I really dont care for the majority of their fan base's arrogance in generally thinking they are better than everyone else.
Example: A woman made a post on a facebook onetime about State fans being rednecks that live in cultureless trailers parks in Podunk towns with their cows and cousins they also call their wives.
I posted back at her, "keep it classy......NEIGHBOR!" She literally lived down the street from me.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login