Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • Don't hate them

Votes: 17 15.7%

• Total voters

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
A little surprised at the hate for UF and curious why. I dislike them because I'm from Georgia but don't particularly hate them because they haven't really been competitive against UGA in a long time.

drumrcraig

Aug 22, 2012
A little surprised at the hate for UF and curious why. I dislike them because I'm from Georgia but don't particularly hate them because they haven't really been competitive against UGA in a long time.
Spurrier, Meyer, and the Sullivan would probably be my top 3 reasons. The fact that they have struggled to find another coach to lead them back to the top since Meyer I have rather enjoyed watching. It started though with a dislike of Spurrier and his arrogance. As I have gotten older I have developed more a like for who Spurrier was, but it didn't change my feelings towards UF, especially after Meyer and Sullivan have done their antics there.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
I mean really, how much more does Scott Stricklin make at Florida compared to what he would’ve made at State?

What a scumbag to be a “supposed” State guy, leave, and then steal our coach. **** him. I hope they get beat by 40, and he is fired tomorrow.

Olegreyboy

Oct 13, 2022
Spurrier, Meyer, and the Sullivan would probably be my top 3 reasons. The fact that they have struggled to find another coach to lead them back to the top since Meyer I have rather enjoyed watching. It started though with a dislike of Spurrier and his arrogance. As I have gotten older I have developed more a like for who Spurrier was, but it didn't change my feelings towards UF, especially after Meyer and Sullivan have done their antics there.
I know two men who grew up with Spurrier. One said he has a bro and sister who are nice people. The other said he was so intent on winning it was no fun playing any type of game with him.

Anon1669338224

Nov 24, 2022
They have a few championships bc they've gotten two really good head coaches, but historically they aren't the program they think they are. Kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Reactions: dawgman42

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
I hate them because whenever I watched the post game celebration after they beat fsu in the Nokia sugar bowl in the mid 90’s I thought wuerfful acted like a little prick. Maybe he didn’t but I wasn’t pulling for him that night and the cameras kept highlighting him with the band afterwards.

eta: I ended up liking wuerfful in his professional career, especially after his post-Katrina works. UF still sucks tho.

Reactions: Dawghouse

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Honestly, the more years I've been out of Georgia the less I really care about them. I still half heartedly root for them because 2 of my siblings went there but I'm just not that in to them.
Florida is 4-6 in the last 10 years; 13-10 since 2000

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
Some of y'all have enough hate to go around. I try to keep my hatred to SEC West schools. I'm going to have to step it up when divisions go away.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
how can a sports lover hate spurrier?

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
I mean really, how much more does Scott Stricklin make at Florida compared to what he would’ve made at State?

What a scumbag to be a “supposed” State guy, leave, and then steal our coach. **** him. I hope they get beat by 40, and he is fired tomorrow.
1mm

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
I know two men who grew up with Spurrier. One said he has a bro and sister who are nice people. The other said he was so intent on winning it was no fun playing any type of game with him.
and that’s why i like him - it’s not whether you win or lose - it’s whether you win

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Ok, Scott.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

$altyDawg

Aug 30, 2018
I'd love the opportunity to cast mutiple votes for this because on top of my "other" vote (pompous pretentious obnoxious attitude of their fan base in general), I would have loved to also given the reasons of Mullen and Loafers as my hate for UF.
To UF I say FU.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
You missed the options “Kevin O’Sullivan” and “their ******* fans.” I work with quite a few of them and they all seem to think it is still 2007-08.
My sentiments exactly. Their baseball team is a close 2nd to loafers for me, not so much the fans cause I don't interact with them.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
how can a sports lover hate spurrier?
It's very simple for me, never like him no matter where he's been and I especially enjoyed his failure as a Redskin HC too

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
It's hard to hate the fans, at least all of them. Some maybe but definitely not all

20230901_071150.jpg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Such typical UGA speak. I prefer Florida a lot more over them.

By "long time" he means 2017. UGA certainly considered Florida their rival even thought they won 3 games in 20 years from 1990-2010.

UGA is the worst of both worlds between Ole Miss and Bama.
Ha I like UGA and Florida as far as SEC teams go.

Every school has some Jack @$$es including msu.

Just seems like ole miss has way more to me!

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Scott Strickland, one of you Jackson guys, had everything he wanted at MSU. He left us for being the King of Gainsville. 17 him. If Selmon leaves, one day, I say that he can take the job in the athletics office in hell, but not comeback to State.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Scott Strickland, one of you Jackson guys, had everything he wanted at MSU. He left us for being the King of Gainsville. 17 him. If Selmon leaves, one day, I say that he can take the job in the athletics office in hell, but not comeback to State.
Point of fact that position has been filled I am just waiting on Larry Templeton to come on down.

Reactions: She Mate Me

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
I feel about Florida the same way I’ve felt when I’ve watched great athletes underachieve because they can’t get their crap together. I could only hope to be blessed with the size and skill they have. So I look down on them with disappointment. I’m almost ashamed of them. I think that’s even worse than hate.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
When I first moved to Florida I went to a couple of games with friends that attended school there. Then we went to a basketball game with State playing. I wore my State shirt and hat and was treated like sh*t by their fans. Went to a football game and they keyed my car because I had a State plate on the front. Then called one a Florida fan and was chastised for not calling them a Gator. Their fans are Bummer wannabes.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login