Why haven’t we fired Howland?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yeah, it’s over, but frankly so is college basketball. Terrible product these days.

I think this is the 12th year in a row that I have seen this posted on SPS.
For being over, CBB sure has managed to stay alive and thrive this last decade+.

Sep 15, 2009
I am in complete disbelief there are still people out there defending him and want to keep him. That is true BIZZARO WORLD stuff there.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
All things considred, Howland recruits pretty well, and has a good history as a coach. There's just something broken about our program that supersedes coaching. I can't explain it, either. If we fire howland, we're 5x as likely to end up with another Rick Ray than anything approaching imiprovement.

I'll still watch the games either way, but my passion for State basketball is deceased.

This is where I am when I look at the overall picture. But when I watch us play, usually I'm like 17 it, burn it all down. The less I watch, the better I feel about Howland because the overall results are somehow a lot easier to stomach than the product on the court. I will say, I did not feel like that watching Arkansas. But usually when I turn it on I remember why I no longer arrange my schedule so that I can see basketball games.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login