Why not Parson?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
heath ledger joker GIF

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008
Smart. Let’s start him for the remaining games so we can destroy his confidence in this awful offense, so when he eventually transfer portals to a rival, he will be less effective against us. 4-d chess.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Smart. Let’s start him for the remaining games so we can destroy his confidence in this awful offense, so when he eventually transfer portals to a rival, he will be less effective against us. 4-d chess.
That’s pretty accurate. Im wondering how many of these young guys that came to play in the AR for Leach stick around.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

That’s pretty accurate. Im wondering how many of these young guys that came to play in the AR for Leach stick around.
Most won't. AGAIN, it's why we were so incredibly STUPID in hiring Leach. I hope Cohen does for Auburn what he did for us.

RiverCityDawg

Dec 30, 2009
Most won't. AGAIN, it's why we were so incredibly STUPID in hiring Leach. I hope Cohen does for Auburn what he did for us.
That didn't make our defense suck.

Also, there are enough coordinators and head coaches running Air Raid adjacent offenses that it didn't have to be such a drastic change. Our HC, however, hired an OC with a 180 philosophy change.

Leach was all about keeping it simple so you can play fast and execute as best as possible. Barbay is about doing as many different things as you can so you can hopefully confuse the defense... Unfortunately it's confused our players and caused them to play slow and with no confidence.

Reactions: woozman

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Because our coaching sucks. That’s the answer to your question. Why not Mike Henig? Wesley Carroll?
Our coaching is exactly why I wouldn’t start the true freshman. We are 8 games in and still can’t execute fundamentals like running routes and blocking. Its clear we don’t have a grasp of the offense, why risk ruining the confidence of parsons, he won’t be successful because the people around him can’t execute

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
We have four games left. Why not just start him for the next 4? Keeps his redshirt. Let’s see what we have.
Told my group text the exact same thing in the 2nd half yesterday…

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
We really need more people to nut up and express this opinion. It's really needs more advocates on this board.
Are there people saying that the coaching is good? I haven’t seen any. Besides a few idiots who think our talent is fine, I think the majority think the coaching AND the talent suck balls…

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Our coaching is exactly why I wouldn’t start the true freshman. We are 8 games in and still can’t execute fundamentals like running routes and blocking. Its clear we don’t have a grasp of the offense, why risk ruining the confidence of parsons, he won’t be successful because the people around him can’t execute
The Mississippi State football fan mantra: "We want the second string QB".

You have pegged it with this post. OL blocking, WR routes, DB play, DL blocking have all been suspect this year. It is coaching plain and simple. And the, "Well, we installed a new offense" defense of this staff is a cop out. The defense is making terrible offenses look like playoff contenders and their QBs look like Heisman candidates. Their QB was 20 of 26 behind a well coached OL. Even when we blitzed he had time to go to secondary receivers that were wide open.

You would think a DC turned HC would correct the defensive miscues. 8 games in and we all witnessed the missed coverage and weak pass rush.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

You have pegged it with this post. OL blocking, WR routes, DB play, DL blocking have all been suspect this year. It is coaching plain and simple. And the, "Well, we installed a new offense" defense of this staff is a cop out. The defense is making terrible offenses look like playoff contenders and their QBs look like Heisman candidates. Their QB was 20 of 26 behind a well coached OL. Even when we blitzed he had time to go to secondary receivers that were wide open.

You would think a DC turned HC would correct the defensive miscues. 8 games in and we all witnessed the missed coverage and weak pass rush.
The offenses isn't working , but the defense sucking every game but Arkansas should be what gets arnett fired that's unacceptable for them to be this bad with the same coaching staff

Reactions: knock him out john

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I honestly don’t think we ever see him play a snap at state. If I was his parents I would be urging him to look elsewhere. If we fire a Arnett and hire a decent coach? Maybe not

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
If we hadn’t been recruiting to have 20 receivers on the roster perhaps we would have more quality defensive players on the team and available now.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
If we hadn’t been recruiting to have 20 receivers on the roster perhaps we would have more quality defensive players on the team and available now.
Oh dear God.

As we've documented many times, we have 4 stars all over the defensive backfield. Have you seen the angles they take? We are constantly out of position. That's coaching not talent.

Geez man I don't see how some of ya'll form these opinions.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020

But we are asking for the 3rd string right now

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Not that it’s likely to make much difference, but it can’t be much worse and may be a little better.
Old old song. "Looking for love in all the wrong places". It applies here.

We are trying to fix a problem by addressing a symptom. Don;t look for love in all the wrong places. Fix the problem.

Reactions: Ranchdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login