Why not Parson?

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
The mystery surounding Parson amazes me. Is he still so hurt that he can't even play? Is he really not that good and is another 4 star who can't make it at MSU? If he is the future, why do we need a QB from the portal?
You need 1 or 2 simply due to injuries happen.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
If we hadn’t been recruiting to have 20 receivers on the roster perhaps we would have more quality defensive players on the team and available now.
Was posted on this board. It's not true that he over recruited WRs and took away from the defense. It's false.,... Not true. A Lie. A myth.

So once again:

We currently have 19 WRs/TEs. We had 16 last season https://hailstate.com/sports/football/roster/2022

However, you may want to look at Arnetts recruiting.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Oh dear God.

As we've documented many times, we have 4 stars all over the defensive backfield. Have you seen the angles they take? We are constantly out of position. That's coaching not talent.

Geez man I don't see how some of ya'll form these opinions.
The fact is we have more receiver position on the Roster this year than under Leach. It's a totally false narrative

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
The Mississippi State football fan mantra: "We want the second string QB".

You have pegged it with this post. OL blocking, WR routes, DB play, DL blocking have all been suspect this year. It is coaching plain and simple. And the, "Well, we installed a new offense" defense of this staff is a cop out. The defense is making terrible offenses look like playoff contenders and their QBs look like Heisman candidates. Their QB was 20 of 26 behind a well coached OL. Even when we blitzed he had time to go to secondary receivers that were wide open.

You would think a DC turned HC would correct the defensive miscues. 8 games in and we all witnessed the missed coverage and weak pass rush.
And in typical MSU fashion we can’t get more than 1 capable QB in the room and on the field. And before you even pop off about Leach’s QB room, remember he didn’t think any of em were worthy enough to get mop up duty during blowouts because 2 never came off the field.

Arizona took SC to overtime and then beat Wazzu and Oregon State with a more than capable 2nd string Qb. Kansas just took down Oklahoma with a 2nd string QB.

Yet here at MSU we have fans rejoicing because we lose QB1 and they go “haha I told you the backup sucked”. Our fanbase has agendas and praises the guy wearing the jersey more than the jersey itself.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
And in typical MSU fashion we can’t get more than 1 capable QB in the room and on the field. And before you even pop off about Leach’s QB room, remember he didn’t think any of em were worthy enough to get mop up duty during blowouts because 2 never came off the field.

Arizona took SC to overtime and then beat Wazzu and Oregon State with a more than capable 2nd string Qb. Kansas just took down Oklahoma with a 2nd string QB.

Yet here at MSU we have fans rejoicing because we lose QB1 and they go “haha I told you the backup sucked”. Our fanbase has agendas and praises the guy wearing the jersey more than the jersey itself.
leach left a loaded qb room. this staff ran them off and I can’t blame Locke for leaving, who in their right mind would want to play for this dumpster fire. I don’t expect Parson to be back.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login