Why Tebow went to Florida?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I dont know if it’s wierd or arrogant or both. Mullens an ******* but he isnt a criminal or anything.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I dont know if it’s wierd or arrogant or both. Mullens an ******* but he isnt a criminal or anything.
He wasn't a saint, either.

I could totally see Tebow doing this.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
He wasn't a saint, either.

I could totally see Tebow doing this.
Well there’s like a thousand guys like that in CFB. Hell the head coach was worse than all of them.
It’s just wierd that Mullen got singled out.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Well there’s like a thousand guys like that in CFB. Hell the head coach was worse than all of them.
I don't disagree with you, but there's stuff we aren't privy to. Like, how big of an asshat was Mullen on the recruiting trip?

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I think you have to look at the source. Zach Smith hates Dan Mullen for whatever reason. Maybe Dan and him disagree on whether you should beat your wife. He, Smith, is quite a character.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
He played under Mullen because he hated Mullen?
God works in mysterious ways...

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
In tebow’s book, he said Mullen was arrogant on the recruiting trip. Something along the lines “our system will work with some other QB if you don’t want to be part of it.”
Tebow said his older sisters had their smoking hot friends come over for a party shortly before signing day and they all went to Florida. Undefeated, even against Tebow.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
He played under Mullen because he hated Mullen?
God works in mysterious ways...
If you’re referring to Zach Smith, he was a Croom recruit who Mullen inherited when he took over in 2009. Not a guy that just came on board after the fact. And if I remember correctly, he didn’t exactly have a mile long list of SEC offers (typical Croom situation), so it’s not like he could have just transferred somewhere better.

• Haha
Reactions: mcdawg22

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I don't disagree with you, but there's stuff we aren't privy to. Like, how big of an asshat was Mullen on the recruiting trip?
You never know what is going on behind the close door of a house. They might look like a happy family out side.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

patdog

May 28, 2007
Dan Mullen = Master Recruiter. So, I'm an a**hole. Let's see how I can make that work FOR me.

Reactions: AFDawg

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I think you have to look at the source. Zach Smith hates Dan Mullen for whatever reason. Maybe Dan and him disagree on whether you should beat your wife. He, Smith, is quite a character.
This is the same guy who claimed Mullen never wanted to sign Cam Newton at Florida, and wanted to move him to tight end.

That could be true, but it seems weird that a year later he would make Newton his primary recruiting target at State.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
It's all fine and good for a side reason, but without an offense tailor-made for him and him being a life-long fan, I'm sure it would have been some assistant somewhere else that got witnessed to.
Funny, the UF show on Netflix never made a mention that Tebow was a fan of UF. Not once. Dan loved repeating it.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Sometimes guys want to insert themselves into what happened to boost their importance. I'm not buying it.

Tebow grew up in Gator country. Wanted to stay close to friends, family, and church. He wanted to play on team with guys he had competed against in HS. He knew that Urban was building a stronger program than Mike Shula. Urban is hands down the better coach of the two. Also, Tebow was home schooled, so I doubt he or his family wanted him far away. I believe Mullen or Mattison had little to do with it.

Reactions: aTotal360
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login