WHY?

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Has Baseball changed?
Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Yeah mean we won’t ever win again?

Sometimes I think you guys get so worked up you forget he actually won a championship
He won with players who he inherited and has done nothing without them. Those guys coached themselves. Henderson was a better coach. You can have Lemonis.
Rebuild next season will be fun. If I'm Parker, I jump on a good job offer.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah mean we won’t ever win again?

Sometimes I think you guys get so worked up you forget he actually won a championship
Will you just shut up with the ‘be reasonable’ crap and let people vent there frustrations about an underachieving team who literally has made a habit all year of giving away games?

And whether or not you like it, there are big sign of culture issues in this program. They are glaring. And they aren’t just going to disappear with a new season. The only thing we can hope for is that the young players set their own culture, but from what I hear about potential transfers already, it’s not happening.

The title of this thread is appropriate.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
He won with players who he inherited and has done nothing without them. Those guys coached themselves. Henderson was a better coach. You can have Lemonis.
Rebuild next season will be fun. If I'm Parker, I jump on a good job offer.
I’m not making any statement about his job status and what it should be. Your post said we will never win anything with him as the leader. Just a dumb statement to make.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Yeah, I am really tempted to jump on this bandwagon right now but I'm gonna wait to put my grade up tomorrow, not tonight because I'm still too pissed off.

We played like a bunch of junior high bench players. I am sure anybody who's ever wore a Mississippi State uniform is embarrassed by the way we played tonight.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Will you just shut up with the ‘be reasonable’ crap and let people vent there frustrations about an underachieving team who literally has made a habit all year of giving away games?

And whether or not you like it, there are big sign of culture issues in this program. They are glaring. And they aren’t just going to disappear with a new season. The only thing we can hope for is that the young players set their own culture, but from what I hear about potential transfers already, it’s not happening.
Damn goat I figured you were watching the game with some other cigar boys…

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
This inning has had all the ingredients of a shi t sandwich. I can’t think of any way for us to have screwed it up more.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I don't think we've forgotten that. We're just genuinely beweildered how he didn't build on that.
Me too. For what it’s worth, I’d be perfectly fine with Lemonis moving on. I’m not going to short change him on the national title because I’ve seen lots of coaches take over talented rosters and not do what Lemonis did. But no doubt it’s hard to imagine him ever repeating that.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018

Our top notch game manager managed a doozy tonight

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Did we have anybody else we would like to try on the mound? We've tried everybody else and got nowhere.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm just here to lament the pulling of Gavin Black.

Analytics have ruined a great & entertaining sport. You can't reduce the entire game down to data. Humans play it, umpires are still human. You can't calculate clutch, in the zone, on fire, etc.

I guess I know why they did it.

And Davis has been really good this year before tonight.

But it didn't make sense to me with the way Black was pitching and nobody on.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Can’t criticize Lemonis for that one. He went left on left with a reliever who has been dominant all season. The wheels fell off. But the decision was sound. We lost this game by making a pitcher with an almost 7.00 ERA look like Greg Maddox.

And the guy is a serious HR hitter. I know what he was trying to avoid, but GD that was an epic fail.

Reactions: patdog

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

The problem is the young guys aren't. We have been relying on transfers to do that guys like tanner allen and rowdy Jordan and mangum had that quality and they were leaders on the field and at the plate to. Our best players haven't not shown that leadership quality. It's not something lemon instills. That came from cohen and Cann and Henderson let those guys take the team. It worked for lemonis because he had leaders that were also good ball players up till the championship. He doesn't have an alpha or good player on anything he recruited because he's not an alpha like Polk Cohen or Can. He's just not. Polk and cohen would have been standing on the plate last night with the bad calls.

Reactions: Anon1664516582

tbaydog

Feb 25, 2008
Yeah, I am really tempted to jump on this bandwagon right now but I'm gonna wait to put my grade up tomorrow, not tonight because I'm still too pissed off.

We played like a bunch of junior high bench players. I am sure anybody who's ever wore a Mississippi State uniform is embarrassed by the way we played tonight.
Thats call the 24 hour hockey parent rule.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
@Bulldog Bruce before the thread derailed into “Lemonis sux”, were you referring to DJ getting picked off at second? Did you think it was a bad idea to try and steal there?

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
@Bulldog Bruce before the thread derailed into “Lemonis sux”, were you referring to DJ getting picked off at second? Did you think it was a bad idea to try and steal there?
Count was 2-0 with two pitches way outside the strike zone. The pitch he stole on was 3-0. Obviously he doesn't know that, but you don't take the bat out of Hunter's hand at that point. Even if he held the bag, they are walking Hunter with the open base. If there were strikes already, then you can try it.

On top of it all again is fundamentals and our weakness in that regard. Jordan's slide was way to close to the bag as was Mershon's earlier. That's how you jam your ankle. Plus as Todd Walker even said on Mershon getting picked off, there was no reason for him to be leaning our thinking of going to 3rd base.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Count was 2-0 with two pitches way outside the strike zone. The pitch he stole on was 3-0. Obviously he doesn't know that, but you don't take the bat out of Hunter's hand at that point. Even if he held the bag, they are walking Hunter with the open base. If there were strikes already, then you can try it.

On top of it all again is fundamentals and our weakness in that regard. Jordan's slide was way to close to the bag as was Mershon's earlier. That's how you jam your ankle. Plus as Todd Walker even said on Mershon getting picked off, there was no reason for him to be leaning our thinking of going to 3rd base.
What's crazy is that he wasn't out and the review showed it. Hmmmm

• Haha
Reactions: patdog and HuntDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login