Will Elon buy Sixpack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
What is the minimum degree required to run SixPack?

Elon Musk takes over Twitter. He's a billionaire who doesn't even have a Master's degree. Is that who we are going to trust with the future of our democracy?— Richard Hanania (@RichardHanania) April 25, 2022

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
No degree necessary, minimum score of 30 on the English portion of the ACT.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Guys .. We all have to band together and hold out until he doubles the current stock price of zero

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
19.83 BTC, two cases of non-Rum Raisin Häagen-Dazs, and an 85" 8K-TV for DS.

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
Hes using his money is a crusade against censorship. Hes more likely to target Gene’sPage

stateguy

Sep 2, 2012
holy hell - that Richard hanania guy has a lot of stuff to tweet about Musk buying twitter. Didn't realize twitter controlled the future of democracy.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
Elon Musk takes over Twitter. He's a billionaire who doesn't even have a Master's degree. Is that who we are going to trust with the future of our democracy?— Richard Hanania (@RichardHanania) April 25, 2022

The biggest buzzwords in media nowadays is talking about "threats to our democracy"

The US is a Republic, not a Democracy. It says it right there in the pledge of allegiance.

Most billionaires don't have advanced degrees and couldn't give less of a **** about whatever level of education they have, because...bank account. Good for Elon. Bring back all the conservatives that were kicked off the platform just for not falling in line with left wing progressives.

AleutianIslandawg

Oct 8, 2021
Elaborate. I bought 75 shares of Twitter stock about 3 hours before it was announced that he'd invested in it. The 'current' price wasn't zero. Explain your stupid post or tell me where I missed the mark

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
Elaborate. I bought 75 shares of Twitter stock about 3 hours before it was announced that he'd invested in it. The 'current' price wasn't zero. Explain your stupid post or tell me where I missed the mark

I do believe the reference was to the stock price of SPS being zero

Aug 22, 2012
We’re aiming too low. Let’s get to him buy MSU. I mean he likes rockets and we have an aerospace program. If a few of those billions went to heppin’ the athletic programs, who’s gonna complain?

Last edited:

Dawgzilla

Mar 3, 2008
The US is a Republic, not a Democracy. It says it right there in the pledge of allegiance.

Did you forget the sarcasterisks? I get so tired of this dumb distinction.

A Democracy is a form of government in which power is held by the people through free and fair elections.

A Representative Democracy, aka, a Republic, is a Democracy in which representatives are chosen democratically to enact legislation.

A pure democracy can work locally, but is a terrible way to run a country. So we have a representative democracy.

When people claim that something is a "threat to our democracy", they are claiming it is damaging the ability of the people to have the ultimate power through free an fair election of their representatives.
I.e., the "democracy" part of our representative democracy.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
We wouldn’t even have to change the school’s initials. **

We are Musk State? **

turkish

Aug 22, 2012
The way I read it, Musk intends to buy all shares at $54.20 and take it private. If so, you already know what your windfall (or loss) will be, if this goes thru.

xxxWalkTheDawg

Oct 21, 2005

I love these hot takes that idiots in this country take and run with. Someone, somewhere, had a panic attack over that tweet.

Here is something that should really scare the **** out of them… the majority of the United States government.. including the department of defense.. runs software and has cloud storage from a company founded by a college dropout. Oh yea… and the software is also running the food, fuel, and transportation companies of America.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
Bezos
Bloomberg
Murdoch
Musk
Zuckerberg

5 guys with a lot of the money controlling a lot of the information. Seems fine.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I love these hot takes that idiots in this country take and run with. Someone, somewhere, had a panic attack over that tweet.

Here is something that should really scare the **** out of them… the majority of the United States government.. including the department of defense.. runs software and has cloud storage from a company founded by a college dropout. Oh yea… and the software is also running the food, fuel, and transportation companies of America.

Yeah, one's education level doesnt always predict their success or capabilities.
At the same time, it would be great if Legislators had to pass a civics and government test before they can take office in each term. More than a few in this current crop would have failed for sure.

And to be clear, I would love to see a test at the state level too. A state representative got into a polite argument with my wife during Day on the Hill(a yearly lobbying event) where the legislator claimed state law supersedes federal law. The issue was that he didnt want to have to follow federal laws concerning Title9 and trans athletes. A couple of back and forths took place before the Supremacy Clause was explained to him in detail.
How in the world can someone who writes and passes laws not know how our legislative process works?!?!

If they cant pass, then they cant represent. Give the test quarterly and those who fail have to sit out.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The biggest buzzwords in media nowadays is talking about "threats to our democracy"

Its a buzzword because in recent years there have been multiple clear threats to continuing this social experiment we call our country. Lies, misrepresentation, and an inability to sort of what actually is the truth have run rampant over the last 10 years, and the issue has grown exponentially in the last 6 or so years.

Also, are we a Republic? Or are we a Representative Democracy? Or are we a Democratic Republic? Or are well all 3 depending on level of government and who is defining the terms on any given day?
Point is, when someone says 'threat to our democracy', you are being obtuse and intentionally avoiding the issue if instead of analyzing the issue, you argue that we arent a Democracy. That is a common term for the USA's system of government, just accept it.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Yeah, one's education level doesnt always predict their success or capabilities.

A state representative got into a polite argument with my wife during Day on the Hill(a yearly lobbying event) where the legislator claimed state law supersedes federal law.

I guess that's why you can't buy marijuana in Colorado?****** To your point yes that is correct but the Federal Government has to do something about it.

Last edited:

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
Can you imagine if the things he's describing actually happened?!

“You could secretly ban one party’s candidate…secretly turn down the reach of their stuff and turn up the reach of something else and the rest of us might not even find out about it until AFTER the election.” pic.twitter.com/yPMbtSN2wx— Mary Margaret Olohan (@MaryMargOlohan) April 26, 2022

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012

Most billionaires don't have advanced degrees and couldn't give less of a **** about whatever level of education they have, because...bank account. Good for Elon. Bring back all the conservatives that were kicked off the platform just for not falling in line with left wing progressives.

A Republic is one way to implement a democracy. All republics are democracies, not all democracies are republics. So yes, a threat to our republican form of government is a threat to our democracy.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
People storming the Capitol because you don’t like the election results is a threat to the democratic process. Elon Musk buying Twitter isn’t. The gnashing of teeth over this is silly.

Pars

Oct 11, 2015
He’s mentioned trying to cut out some of the bots and authenticate human users. that I see as a huge plus.
Spam bots and troll farm bots on Twitter and Facebook are a huge problem. You have fake accounts driving insane rhetoric to maximum output just for division purposes

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
“You could secretly ban one party’s candidate…secretly turn down the reach of their stuff and turn up the reach of something else and the rest of us might not even find out about it until AFTER the election.” pic.twitter.com/yPMbtSN2wx— Mary Margaret Olohan (@MaryMargOlohan) April 26, 2022

So it's okay for Twitter to ban Republicans but now if they turn the tables, oh the outcry. GTFOH...

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Don't worry, they'll be banned when Elon runs twitter as well.

So it's okay for Twitter to ban Republicans but now if they turn the tables, oh the outcry. GTFOH...

Elon is for free speech, until he isn't. I wouldn't treat him as a savior or beacon of free expression of ideas. You'll be disappointed. He'll have a TOS and a profit motive just like any other owner. He'll probably enforce the TOS in an inconsistent manner as well - unless you dog on Tesla...that'll get you banned every time.

If he can get rid of the bots, I'll take it. Otherwise, expect twitter to keep on twittering and be a cesspool of hot takes and bickering over nothing.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
He’s mentioned trying to cut out some of the bots and authenticate human users. that I see as a huge plus.
Spam bots and troll farm bots on Twitter and Facebook are a huge problem. You have fake accounts driving insane rhetoric to maximum output just for division purposes

I am all for the reduction of bots too. Thing is though, Musk said he wants free speech and to not censor. That means you allow in everything- the good and the bad. He said free speech is the bedrock of a functioning society, so claims that are not proven yet also arent disproven would be allowed. Chaos and misinformation would rule.
To not censor would mean the very thing he wants to ban would be allowed- bots. Not censoring and banning cant coexist. To ban is to censor.

Now the argument can be made that no human users should be censored and no human users should be banned. Ok cool, but when human users spam the 17 out of everyone, does nothing negative happen to them?

I am eager to see how he plans to balance everything he has said he wants. I dont think it can happen and he will be ridiculed for whatever he chooses to forego.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login