Will Rogers on Leach

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
I watched an interview with one of Leach's former QBs. He said pretty much the same thing.

A few games in Leach asked the QB how often are you changing the play that's called. QB told Leach you call the play and I run it. You want me to change it?

Leach said well your on the field and can see what the defense is doing after I call the play so yeah change the play if that's what you need to do.

QB said well you should have told me that's what I should do a few games sooner. After that the QB said he changed the play about 50% of the time. QB said it takes a while to figure out Leach and what he want's the QB to do.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Interesting interview. Will may have checked into run plays, but he didn't do it often.

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
Cublic is treating this like breaking news? LOL! Will's uncle or whoever Bucky is on Elite said for the last 3 years that every run was checked to by the QB. Leach called passes every play.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
It blows my mind that so many of you guys find this to be news and the other chunk of you are calling it a lie. Gardner said basically the same thing. You can go back thru almost all of his past QBs and find the same statements. JFC you guys need to think about it. Leach always wants to pass. QB reads the box and coverage.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

BrunswickDawg

Aug 22, 2012
It blows my mind that so many of you guys find this to be news and the other chunk of you are calling it a lie. Gardner said basically the same thing. You can go back thru almost all of his past QBs and find the same statements. JFC you guys need to think about it. Leach always wants to pass. QB reads the box and coverage.
Leach says it in his book. The first thing he looked for in a QB decision making ability. Leach basically called a formation that had multiple options, he was relying on his QB to read the defense and pick the option that worked best based on what the defense was showing. It shouldn't be a secret or revelation to anyone.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login