Will Rogers

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
New York Yankees Thumbs Down GIF by MLB

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
He never once said one negative thing after all the things people said about him. I would have lost it on people, but he never once did. Shows his character!
You know I was watching the combine yesterday. Saw Dillion Johnson. You know what school it said next to him? Washington. The same will be for rogers. That's the school he will be associated with from now on. Not Mississippi State. No matter what school you play at it's the one you finish as that you are known for

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
You know I was watching the combine yesterday. Saw Dillion Johnson. You know what school it said next to him? Washington. The same will be for rogers. That's the school he will be associated with from now on. Not Mississippi State. No matter what school you play at it's the one you finish as that you are known for
Rogers will always be associated with Leach and the Air Raid

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

So 17ing what?? We all know he played here and did a lot of things to help us to some good wins and nice seasons. One of the best QBs to play in Starkville

His coach died. The next one pretty much sucked and apparently lied his *** off to Will.

For that I shouldn't give a **** about him because he decided to play his final year in a program more suited to his skills. Sorry, not happening.

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
So 17ing what?? We all know he played here and did a lot of things to help us to some good wins and nice seasons. One of the best QBs to play in Starkville

His coach died. The next one pretty much sucked and apparently lied his *** off to Will.

For that I shouldn't give a **** about him because he decided to play his final year in a program more suited to his skills. Sorry, not happening.
Amen! He is one of all time favorite QB to wear the Maroon and White. A leader on and off the field!

Reactions: Anon1697564126

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

Go get you huskies jersey

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
One of the best QBs to play in Starkville
I was going to disagree with you about this, but after thinking about it, I may agree. I always say Dak and Fitz are the top 2. But Fitz was a system QB much like Rogers was, so it's a little unfair to praise Fitz for the SEC rushing record and not praise Rogers over being #2 all time in passing. So I'll say:

1) Dak
2) Fitz, Rogers, Bond, Smith

Those are probably the top 5, when combining production with wins.

However, Rogers got mad and transferred. So he deserved any ridicule coming his way. He also benefited from NIL.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I was going to disagree with you about this, but after thinking about it, I may agree. I always say Dak and Fitz are the top 2. But Fitz was a system QB much like Rogers was, so it's a little unfair to praise Fitz for the SEC rushing record and not praise Rogers over being #2 all time in passing. So I'll say:

1) Dak
2) Fitz, Rogers, Bond, Smith

Those are probably the top 5, when combining production with wins.

However, Rogers got mad and transferred. So he deserved any ridicule coming his way. He also benefited from NIL.
Who wouldn’t have been pissed for being lied to? I blame him.

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Who wouldn’t have been pissed for being lied to? I blame him.
Arnett got fired bro. Rogers transferred after that.

And 'got mad' might not be the best phrasing. I think Rogers knew he wasn't going to start. Which is fine, do what you have to do. But him going to Washington is his attempt to show the MSU fans that he's big time. If he had wanted to do what was best for him, he'd be at WKU playing with Hollingshead (or something similar).

I don't think this Washington thing is going to work out for him. I don't think it was a good decision. Take a chance? Sure. Maybe if he wants to live in Seattle or whatever or learn how to coach, but that's not what this is about. He thinks he will walk in and start for a good team. Strange thing is, neither will likely happen. It's going to be a struggle. He needed to have success this year if he was going to transfer.

Reactions: BulldawgFan

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I think the Gumps claim Jalen Hurts.:)

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Y'all all blaming that transfer on Arnett and talking about the football... I say it's on Keenum and the academics. That UW degree is going to be much more useful in 3-4 years than his Interdisciplinary Studies degree from Mississippi State.***

Washington
1000013011.png

Mississippi State
1000013012.png

Reactions: She Mate Me

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Really? Who do you associate Jalen Hurts with? Be honest.

Dillon Johnson had more carries and yards in one season at Washington than he had in his career at State. He was a big part of the offense that carried them to the National Title game. He will be remembered as a Washington RB.

Will obviously started for us for 4 years and set a ton of records, even if the Air Raid is the reason why. If Will has a spectacular year for the Huskies and again has them in National Championship contention, then maybe people will remember him for that, but he already has State by his name in the record books.

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
Wayne Madkin was pretty productive. Don't Forget Rockey and Jackie Parker were SEC players of the year. And Tommy Pharr was all sec QB on a team that didn't win a SEC game.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I noticed you didn't mention msu. To the air raid cult leach snd the air raid were always bigger than msu
Well it ain't like MSU football history was something to write home about, especially on offense. About the only real history we have are junk yard dawg defenses made up of primarily overlooked MS players, and changing uniforms. And we don't even change them in a cool way like Oregon, we change every 5-6 years because our ADs and fans can't ever decide what they like or who they are, and always trying to keep up with trends.

So basically our history is good defense sometimes, and suckitude.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Dillon Johnson had more carries and yards in one season at Washington than he had in his career at State. He was a big part of the offense that carried them to the National Title game. He will be remembered as a Washington RB.

Will obviously started for us for 4 years and set a ton of records, even if the Air Raid is the reason why. If Will has a spectacular year for the Huskies and again has them in National Championship contention, then maybe people will remember him for that, but he already has State by his name in the record books.
Good way to think about it. Hurts definitely accomplished more, from where he came from to the end, at Bama than Oklahoma. He also left because he got beat out, not for some controversial reason. And had a good attitude about it the whole time.

I'll definitely consider Rogers an MSU guy as well, though his attitude at the end really sours it for many people. And DJ is definitely a Washington guy. The handling of him is one of the few things Leach actually did wrong here.

People forget that Leach inherited that 2020 class, and was just doing the best he could with them as they were the upper class in 2022. So many of our mouth-breathers think that recruiting was going to fall off after that, and we'll never truly know, but my money was on the other way around. MSU fans just can't see past what we've always done. Jackie and Danny recruited similarly, and while Leach was a tough coach like them, he gave us the ability to possibly break that glass ceiling due to his name cache. It was worth a shot and probably would have worked out long term.

Oh well, dead injuns. Back to typical Moo U footbaww. We will see what Lebby does, like we always have. I'm betting on Sloppy Joe Part 2. Seen this offensive wizard player's coach movie before.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
But him going to Washington is his attempt to show the MSU fans that he's big time. If he had wanted to do what was best for him, he'd be at WKU playing with Hollingshead (or something similar).
So now Will chose Washington out of spite? And it was spite for the section of MSU fans that didn't appreciate him?

I never tried to read an athlete's mind, but I dont think he needed to prove anything to the fans.

I suspect NIL money had a lot to do with his decision.
He thinks he will walk in and start for a good team. Strange thing is, neither will likely happen. It's going to be a struggle. He needed to have success this year if he was going to transfer.
And you continue to read his mind. I'm pretty sure he knows he has to win the starting QB position wherever he goes. He also knows UW lost their head coach, but he decided to stay anyway.

Who really knows what his expectations are for this Fall?

Reactions: Dawg1976

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Will Rogers has 12,315 career passing yards. He'll never get to Case Keenum's 19,217 yards but if he puts up what Fifita/de Laura did at Arizona - Jedd Fisch is UW's coach now - he'll pass for close to 4k yards. That's good enough for 16,315 yards. There are only three qbs in the 16k club - Keenum, Timmy Chang and Landry Jones. If he passes for just 3k yards, that will put him around 5th or 6th all-time. How close he gets to the top 10/top 5 depends on how well Fisch can adapt the offense to Rogers' skillset. From what I've seen of Arizona the past two seasons, Rogers is a worse fit for Fisch's offense than he would have been for DeBoer's. Fafita and de Laura played a lot of hero ball - extending plays with their feet and while looking for a big play downfield. That's not Rogers' game.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Washington basically has zero coming back from last year's team. They all either ran out of eligibility or transferred. Two of their starting offensive linemen are on the Plantation.
Which is dumb that he's going out there. He saw the bright lights and didn't think it through. That was proven when he was on their sidelines during the playoff game.

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
But him going to Washington is his attempt to show the MSU fans that he's big time. If he had wanted to do what was best for him, he'd be at WKU playing with Hollingshead (or something similar).
Yea, I totally agree.....he just wanted to show us up. Why the hell else would he choose Washington over WKU? I think you really nailed this one, Goat.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Yea, I totally agree.....he just wanted to show us up. Why the hell else would he choose Washington over WKU? I think you really nailed this one, Goat.
He's not 18 years old. He should be mature to understand his talent level and if he wants a sniff at the NFL, he needs to put up numbers.

He probably won't even start at Washington.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

If you look up Jalen hurts in anything for nfl it's going to say OU by his name. When he says his college on nfl Sunday night or mnf which school does he say? OU or Bama?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login