Williams in the portal from OU now

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Venables and Lebby not gonna have a qb. As good a Rogers was numbers wise I wouldn't mind having Williams mobility to go along with his passing ability

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Are you thinking Leach would use a QB's mobility as a part of the game plan, or do you just see value in a guy who can better escape when things break down?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
More so the latter. I see what these mobile qbs can do I passing systems like Murrey with Arizona and can't help but think that is the way you see this offense become unstoppable. The threat of a qb run with receivers all over the field. If the receivers aren't there make play or get them open with your feet. No more zone then. It will force them out of zone and make a choice. Qb or the guy around me in the zone. Qb gets 10-15 if the guy in the zone picks the receiver

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Yep, no way they'll let him leave. They'll name the bank after him if he wants it

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Hopefully Craddock Oil isn't involved. Would be a great fit.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Is he going to USC? I would think he would be excited to play in Lebby's offense. It's not like Venables named Woody McCorvery the OC.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
These type guys are not the ones who ultimately succeed at the highest level. Some will based on talent alone, but I won't bet on them. Dave Bartoo has a formula regarding projecting college QBs to the NFL, and it is that they are a multi-year starter, had to carry the team in college, and something else. What it adds up to is integrity and grit, being coachable, and willing to work toward a goal. These guys that are jumping all over, especially early in the college career, it's doubtful they have it. Guys that are seniors, it's understandable, they need to get on the field.

That said, it'd be hard to turn down these NIL deals if they are true.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login