Willie Fritz at Tulane

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Malzahn - yes, Petrino - yes, Mullen - no. Never hire a former coach. It's never as good the second time around.
All three of those should be no’s. Why in the world does a guy who only averaged 8-4 at a program like Auburn (and that includes a horseshoe up the *** 11-1 season) get thought of as a guy who’s going to move the needle at MSU?

And Petrino is 62, in general a huge asśhole, and was last seen not even able to keep from getting fired at Louisville.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
All three of those should be no’s. Why in the world does a guy who only averaged 8-4 at a program like Auburn (and that includes a horseshoe up the *** 11-1 season) get thought of as a guy who’s going to move the needle at MSU?

And Petrino is 62, in general a huge asśhole, and was last seen not even able to keep from getting fired at Louisville.
Average of 8-4 translate to probably the same if not 7-5 here at msu. He has proven system that works and knows how to recruit and works the portal for his qb. His offense was the championship in with Cam. He also coached a natty as the head coach using Nick Marshall. I would say he gets the best he can put of players. He also won the west twice.

Patrino got fired because he lost the team after he chewed their *** after loss to fsu, sounds like leach to me. Leach just never loaded the team. According to reports he was an *******. Lot of good coaches are though because they won't coddle these guys. Mullen, leach, Patrino all have/had a reputation for being mean to players but they got results on the field

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
He’s 63. Is he too old for us to try and get? Because I love his track record and what he’s done at Tulane is impressive. He’s only paid 2.5 a year so we could offer a significant pay increase on top of being in the SEC.
Too old for me personally

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login