Willy if you want to talk to me do it now

BSwag20

Jun 25, 2022
15. Alabama (7): Last month's win against Georgia is doing a lot of work to Alabama's rankings profile as the Crimson Tide fall to 5-2 with the loss at Tennessee. The eye test has not done Alabama a lot of favors the last couple of weeks, and voters will wrestle with how to rank a team that has not looked at all like the group they pushed to No. 1 just three weeks ago.

VOLatile85

Aug 25, 2022
Maybe TN and Bama switch places in the rankings? Seems plausible. It was an ugly game for sure as both teams looked bad at times. TN’s offense looked terrible in the first half and Bama’s offense was almost as bad as they managed only 7 points despite getting 3 turnovers and TN missing 2 FG’s. Bama had good field position to start a few drives and couldn’t do anything with it. One drive I think they may have starter in FG range but after 3 plays had managed to take that option away and were forced to punt. I kept waiting for Bama to make some plays and make us pay for our mistakes as that’s what I’m used to. Instead Bama made almost as many mistakes of their own. It felt like both teams were doing their best to give the other team the advantage and build a significant lead. The offensive ineptitude was impressive by both teams honestly as a competent offense by either team would’ve had probably a 2-3 TD lead going into halftime. In the past a first half like TN had offensively would’ve meant getting killed as in 30 points behind going into halftime and no hope in the second half. Bama not taking advantage of mistakes is weird but them responding by making mistakes just as bad was 100% proof Saban is retired and they are not anything like they were under his leadership.

To beat a Saban led Bama it meant playing a great game, hoping for a mistake or two like a turnover. Maybe get some calls go your way and even with all that it only gave you a chance to win. Maybe Debore and Bama improve as they adjust to each other but Bama wasn’t the Bama I had gotten used to. This Bama is sloppy and unfocused. They were missing their edge and confidence. They didn’t maintain discipline and they were the ones losing composure and making dumb penalties that gave TN the advantage or another chance to stay alive. Bama still is very talented but the reason they have struggled is much deeper and has nothing to do with talent. Talent won’t fix their problems IMO. Their attitude, intensity, focus and effort along with their attention to detail that seemed to allow them to take advantage of any mistake was not there.

TN has a lot of work to do as well. The second half I saw some positives but those steps forward have to continue without going backwards. Milroe getting healthy should really help but I don’t think Saban ever allowed 1 player having a bad game to result in a loss. He found another way to have success and changed the game to play into his advantage. Debore seemed like he was throwing crap on the wall hoping something stuck. He didn’t game plan to highlight an advantage as I don’t know that Debore knows his own teams strengths and weaknesses. It was a weird game and I’m not talking crap as his plan the first half of UGA was impressive. I just wonder if he’s developing another source of production besides riding Milroe? First years can be difficult as most coaches make their biggest improvements between year 1 and year 2.

I don’t follow Bama super close but I wanted to share some of my thoughts from watching the game tonight. Sorry it’s a long post.

_DC

Aug 7, 2023
Maybe TN and Bama switch places in the rankings? Seems plausible. It was an ugly game for sure as both teams looked bad at times. TN’s offense looked terrible in the first half and Bama’s offense was almost as bad as they managed only 7 points despite getting 3 turnovers and TN missing 2 FG’s. Bama had good field position to start a few drives and couldn’t do anything with it. One drive I think they may have starter in FG range but after 3 plays had managed to take that option away and were forced to punt. I kept waiting for Bama to make some plays and make us pay for our mistakes as that’s what I’m used to. Instead Bama made almost as many mistakes of their own. It felt like both teams were doing their best to give the other team the advantage and build a significant lead. The offensive ineptitude was impressive by both teams honestly as a competent offense by either team would’ve had probably a 2-3 TD lead going into halftime. In the past a first half like TN had offensively would’ve meant getting killed as in 30 points behind going into halftime and no hope in the second half. Bama not taking advantage of mistakes is weird but them responding by making mistakes just as bad was 100% proof Saban is retired and they are not anything like they were under his leadership.

To beat a Saban led Bama it meant playing a great game, hoping for a mistake or two like a turnover. Maybe get some calls go your way and even with all that it only gave you a chance to win. Maybe Debore and Bama improve as they adjust to each other but Bama wasn’t the Bama I had gotten used to. This Bama is sloppy and unfocused. They were missing their edge and confidence. They didn’t maintain discipline and they were the ones losing composure and making dumb penalties that gave TN the advantage or another chance to stay alive. Bama still is very talented but the reason they have struggled is much deeper and has nothing to do with talent. Talent won’t fix their problems IMO. Their attitude, intensity, focus and effort along with their attention to detail that seemed to allow them to take advantage of any mistake was not there.

TN has a lot of work to do as well. The second half I saw some positives but those steps forward have to continue without going backwards. Milroe getting healthy should really help but I don’t think Saban ever allowed 1 player having a bad game to result in a loss. He found another way to have success and changed the game to play into his advantage. Debore seemed like he was throwing crap on the wall hoping something stuck. He didn’t game plan to highlight an advantage as I don’t know that Debore knows his own teams strengths and weaknesses. It was a weird game and I’m not talking crap as his plan the first half of UGA was impressive. I just wonder if he’s developing another source of production besides riding Milroe? First years can be difficult as most coaches make their biggest improvements between year 1 and year 2.

I don’t follow Bama super close but I wanted to share some of my thoughts from watching the game tonight. Sorry it’s a long post.
Can you do this in about 15 words or less?

• Haha
Reactions: james_govols
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login