winner of Dallas / Tampa Bay will travel to SF

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I would like the Cowboys’ chances against an 8-9 team a lot more if Tom Brady wasn’t involved.

I wouldn’t bet this one, but if I had to I think I would go Dallas ML -140.

Predictions?

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I would like the Cowboys’ chances against an 8-9 team a lot more if Tom Brady wasn’t involved.

I wouldn’t bet this one, but if I had to I think I would go Dallas ML -140.

Predictions?

I cant imagine either team being able to win at SF

Reactions: aTotal360

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
I saw on Twitter that Tom Brady has never lost to the Cowboys.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Two poorly coached teams vying for a shot at losing to SF, and SF gets extra prep time.
I have to admit, I don't much of anything about creative offense. I can just tell you I saw at least 5 plays called by Buffalo that I've never seen once at Dallas. What does Dak have other than Lamb and Hendershot. Nothing.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I have to admit, I don't much of anything about creative offense. I can just tell you I saw at least 5 plays called by Buffalo that I've never seen once at Dallas. What does Dak have other than Lamb and Hendershot. Nothing.

Dak has plenty of weapons. Lamb, Gallup, Shultz is a strong receiving group. Pollard is fantastic. Lines not great but not a sieve. And the Cowboys usually score. But They typically always find a way to Piece together a screw up though. Jacksonville game is a great example. They scored more points on the Jags than anyone else. And still found a loss. Time just win.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Mr Purdy welcomes all challengers.

Brock Purdy GIF by San Francisco 49ers

Reactions: aTotal360

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Betting on the Cowboys or against Brady in the postseason feels like a bad idea… I think the Bucs win.

I don’t think either of these two beats the Niners, though.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Tomorrow night is a career defining game for Dak.

Depends. If Dallas wins and then turns around and loses @ SF, this game won’t even be a footnote on his career.

Its really more of a career defining playoffs for not just Dak, but Dallas as a whole. The path to the NFC championship for Dallas goes through a team with a losing record, and a team on its 3rd string QB who is a barely drafted rookie. Thats about as manageable of a stretch as you can ask for to at least make the conference championship if you don’t have the bye. Cowboys need to take advantage.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Depends. If Dallas wins and then turns around and loses @ SF, this game won’t even be a footnote on his career.

Its really more of a career defining playoffs for not just Dak, but Dallas as a whole. The path to the NFC championship for Dallas goes through a team with a losing record, and a team on its 3rd string QB who is a barely drafted rookie. Thats about as manageable of a stretch as you can ask for to at least make the conference championship if you don’t have the bye. Cowboys need to take advantage.

You can describe Brock Purdy that way but the Niners are probably the best team in the NFL right now. Fantastic coach, 2 great playmakers, and a nasty defense. Winning in SF is not likely for anyone. Look at some of the coaches that are leading these playoff teams. Progressive, young guys for the most part. The Giants are showing how important coaching is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hump4Hoops

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I just don’t know if the Niners can handle either of these potent offenses. ****

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
I'll be shocked if Dallas wins. In postseason its as much about not beating yourself as it is the other team beating you and nobody knows how to make more key mistakes in games than Dallas. Brady will sit back and wait for the key mistake by Dallas and pounce. We've seen this story before.

Reactions: onewoof and patdog

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
It'll all depend on which version of the Dallas defense shows up tonight. Dallas' best chance is to jump on Brady early and hold a multiple score lead. Any 1 possession game swings TB's way once the 4th quarter hits.

I was rooting for the Vikings so that if Dallas beats TB they'd get Philly next instead of the SF defense. Hurts still banged up plus Dallas knows Philly better...

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
You can describe Brock Purdy that way but the Niners are probably the best team in the NFL right now. Fantastic coach, 2 great playmakers, and a nasty defense. Winning in SF is not likely for anyone. Look at some of the coaches that are leading these playoff teams. Progressive, young guys for the most part. The Giants are showing how important coaching is.

There’s no question that SF has been playing well as of late, but I think the NFC is the far weaker conference this season. Its wide open. Case and point, look at what Minnesota did in the regular season, and behold the turd they laid yesterday.

Dallas has an opportunity before them. If they play up to their ability for 2 games in a row, they will be in the NFCCG. They probably won’t, because we’ve seen this song and dance before. But its up to them once again.

Reactions: patdog and onewoof

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I really want to see Dak on another team
This saddens me as someone who grew up loving The Cowboys for so long but not so much in the last 30 years as my interests in Pro-Sports shrunk. Then Dak gets drafted by Dallas and I can get into that. But I hate that Dallas has the worst owner of all time who admits himself he sucks at GM. There's no excuse for such a wealthy and storied franchise be in this current drought.

Last edited:
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
There’s no question that SF has been playing well as of late, but I think the NFC is the far weaker conference this season. Its wide open. Case and point, look at what Minnesota did in the regular season, and behold the turd they laid yesterday.

Dallas has an opportunity before them. If they play up to their ability for 2 games in a row, they will be in the NFCCG. They probably won’t, because we’ve seen this song and dance before. But its up to them once again.
Minnesota was just lucky as hell all year, that’s all there is to it. If you dig into the stats especially on defense they were dogshìt and weren’t going to have a deep run in the playoffs.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Minnesota was just lucky as hell all year, that’s all there is to it. If you dig into the stats especially on defense they were dogshìt and weren’t going to have a deep run in the playoffs.

I think its still safe to say they were better much better than the Giants over the course of the season. But they have glaring holes. And every NFC team has one or two big holes, which is the point. Wouldn’t surprise me if Philly or San Fran went all the way to the SB, and it wouldn’t surprise me any more if it was Tampa or NYG.

I just think there are at least three AFC teams (Bills, Bengals, Chiefs) who would all be the runaway favorites to win the NFC.

Reactions: drumrcraig

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The Bills statistically are the best team in the NFL. Cincinnatis defense is a little questionable and their pass protection has been better as of late but they give up a ton of sacks. Kansas City has the offense and their defense does just enough.

San Francisco and Philadelphia have really hammered it home on defense and both are very opportunistic with turnovers. Hurts health could still be in question and when does the clock strike midnight for Purdy?
They are both a step above everyone else in the NFC.

These five are the contenders to me in this order.

1) Buffalo
2)Kansas City
3) San Francisco
4) Cincinnati
5) Philly

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
They need to run dak a little. Get him warmed up. Dak is at his best when he runs down field a little. I've never been impress with Moore.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Cowboys miss extra point. Further proof that Dak just can’t get it done in the playoffs since 1996.

6-0 Dallas

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login