With a qtr of the season behind us…

ButMizzouDoe

May 5, 2023
How would you assess your teams performance?

For me UGA has left a lot to be desired in its first 3 games against 2 cupcakes and an overmatched conference foe.

Sketchy play calling, lack of cohesiveness which probably leads to poor execution, attrition have all led to UGA not looking like world beaters out of the gate.

None of those things are fatal flaws or things that will hinder UGA from improving and getting where it wants to go imo but there is a lot of work to be done in Athens.

How do y’all fell about y’all’s team 25% of the way through the season?

Reactions: Man_A_War

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Agreed, UGA’s play on the field thru the first 3 games had left a lot to be desired…
Most parity that I can remember. UGA still has the best chance in my opinion if Beck can progress as they just have more talent than the other contenders (Alabama is probably the only one that has the raw talent to compete, but severely lacking at the most important position on the field). I don’t think UGA will face a QB that can test them until December and later, so Beck has plenty of time to progress.

KoreyDawg

Jan 31, 2022
Most parity that I can remember. UGA still has the best chance in my opinion if Beck can progress as they just have more talent than the other contenders (Alabama is probably the only one that has the raw talent to compete, but severely lacking at the most important position on the field). I don’t think UGA will face a QB that can test them until December and later, so Beck has plenty of time to progress.
I don’t know about that William, Auburn might be a problem, SEC road games are difficult and by Beck being a first time starter on the road in the SEC, this game scares the shiit out of me. Jordan - Hare Stadium will be rocking.

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
How would you assess your teams performance?

For me UGA has left a lot to be desired in its first 3 games against 2 cupcakes and an overmatched conference foe.

Sketchy play calling, lack of cohesiveness which probably leads to poor execution, attrition have all led to UGA not looking like world beaters out of the gate.

None of those things are fatal flaws or things that will hinder UGA from improving and getting where it wants to go imo but there is a lot of work to be done in Athens.

How do y’all fell about y’all’s team 25% of the way through the season?
In each of UGA's first 3 games, the Dawgs have essentially needed just 1 good quarter of football both offensively and defensively to win...That tells us everything we need to know about the talent level and most importantly the capability of this football team.

This team is just scratching the surface and still finding it's way, gelling together on both sides of the ball. Kirby seems to have training wheels on this team, most probably while key guys get healthy and our new QB gets over those butterflies he mentioned that he had before the Tennessee-Martin game. No need to rush greatness when it's not necessary..

Kirby is ALWAYS changing and tweaking his team. You know that "Racehorse" formation he uses on passing downs where he brings pressure with the fastest guys on that defensive front??

Against South Carolina, he had FOUR Inside Linebackers on the field at one time , namely Mondon, JDJ, Sorey, and Jalon Walker... imagine being a QB and staring down the barrel of a Kirby Smart defense on 3rd and 10...

Last edited:

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
I don’t know about that William, Auburn might be a problem, SEC road games are difficult and by Beck being a first time starter on the road in the SEC, this game scares the shiit out of me. Jordan - Hare Stadium will be rocking.
There is definitely some voodoo type sh*t that goes on in that stadium.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
In each of UGA's first 3 games, the Dawgs have essentially needed just 1 good quarter of football both offensively and defensively to win...That tells us everything we need to know about the talent level and most importantly the capability of this football team.

This team is just scratching the surface and still finding it's way, gelling together on both sides of the ball. Kirby seems to have training wheels on this team, most probably while key guys get healthy and our new QB gets over those butterflies he mentioned that he had before the Tennessee-Martin game. No need to rush greatness when it's not necessary..

Kirby is ALWAYS changing and tweaking his team. You know that "Racehorse" formation he uses on passing downs where he brings pressure with the fastest guys on that defensive front??

Against South Carolina, he had FOUR Inside Linebackers on the field at one time , namely Mondon, JDJ, Sorey, and Jalon Walker... imagine being a QB and staring down the barrel of a Kirby Smart defense on 3rd and 10...
If UGA plays “just one good quarter” against a bunch of teams, they will lose.

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
If UGA plays “just one good quarter” against a bunch of teams, they will lose.
They're playing "one good quarter" because they're that damn good and that's all they need. That's why they will be at or near full strength, hitting their stride in game #15 and winning their 3rd consecutive National Championship..and that "bunch" of teams you referenced will be crying about injuries....and fighting lost causes about the targeting rules they don't understand, all while watching the National Championship game from the comfort of their living rooms....

Ichabod

Aug 16, 2022
Our OL needs to have a foot shoved up their ***. Rees needs to call plays designed for Milroe.

Reactions: MattUGA1

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
They're playing "one good quarter" because they're that damn good and that's all they need. That's why they will be at or near full strength, hitting their stride in game #15 and winning their 3rd consecutive National Championship..and that "bunch" of teams you referenced will be crying about injuries....and fighting lost causes about the targeting rules they don't understand, all while watching the National Championship game from the comfort of their living rooms....
Whatever clown. You need to stick to Dick_Slurpin.

Chuck Nasty

Aug 20, 2021
I get it and they would for me if I was a UGA fan too. They have plenty of time to figure it out though. They may not see a real challenge until December.
Beck seems decent when he lets it rip downfield. Unfortunately though at least early he’s a screen/check down merchant

Reactions: Bigwilly64

PK1982

Feb 23, 2022
I came here to talk football, and you have proven over and over that you don't have the capability to do so. Over and over I have proven to this board that you're nothing but a thin-skinned, Alabama fanboy who knows absolutely nothing about the game, and all you care about is petty d***k measuring and grinding axes with Georgia fans , simply because you can't stand the fact that Alabama is no longer the program it used to be..

Go screw yourself buddy, or change that attitude if you are willing to talk football instead of grinding axes. You can't win on either front with me, so just stop wasting your time...

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
I came here to talk football, and you have proven over and over that you don't have the capability to do so. Over and over I have proven to this board that you're nothing but a thin-skinned, Alabama fanboy who knows absolutely nothing about the game, and all you care about is petty d***k measuring and grinding axes with Georgia fans , simply because you can't stand the fact that Alabama is no longer the program it used to be..

Go screw yourself buddy, or change that attitude if you are willing to talk football instead of grinding axes. You can't win on either front with me, so just stop wasting your time...
I’m talking it with every other UGA fan ITT except for the “UGA is unstoppable and only plays good for 1 quarter because they know that is all they need” guy.

MattUGA1

May 1, 2023
Our OL needs to have a foot shoved up their ***. Rees needs to call plays designed for Milroe.
Agreed. The Oline is a bigger problem than the QB. If they were serviceable in the run game that could work with Milroes skill set.

ButMizzouDoe

May 5, 2023

Agreed, just gotta keep chopping wood.

#BetterNeverRests

Bolden1983

Dec 15, 2021
Going to need some big adjustments from our OC and OL before Bama can turn it around this season.

Ichabod

Aug 16, 2022
Going to need some big adjustments from our OC and OL before Bama can turn it around this season.
I almost wonder if it’s best to put Elijah Mitchell in at LT right now. Proctor is getting murdered

Hbtrojan58

Mar 10, 2023
Offense will be great. Defense has just gotta hold on. Gonna be tough in the pac this year though. So many good qbs. ( usc fan) hard to see usc or anyone running the table this year in the conference. Oregon, Colorado, Washington, Utah, ucla + at notre dame. That's gonna be tough

Gauguin

Aug 1, 2022
Better than I thought we’d be. 4-0. Hardest games behind us, but doesn’t mean we should slack up. We will need to cover the spread to stay ranked high. Just win. Go Noles.

Bigwilly64

Apr 28, 2023
Better than I thought we’d be. 4-0. Hardest games behind us, but doesn’t mean we should slack up. We will need to cover the spread to stay ranked high. Just win. Go Noles.
I like what I’ve seen out of FSU. Got lucky against Boston College though with them committing like 20 penalties. Only remaining road block may be @UF.

paladin181

Joined Aug 28, 2014
Jan 17, 2022
2-2 isn't as good as I'd hoped. I thought they'd beat UNC, but that O-Line was catastrophically bad. Still having the best QB in the SEC is going to make SC scary if the o-line gets everything together.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login