With the Olympics opening Friday, what's your plans for watching?

How much coverage of the Olympics do you plan to watch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Love the summer Olympics, can't wait. The opening ceremonies are basically a parade and get kinda boring to me, but usually watch as the parts that aren't boring are usually fantastic.

My Olympics gripe is I wish they last another week or two - I'm not sure what the rush is in the modern era. Stretching it out let's all of us watch more events, and also frees up more prime-time slots for various counties/regions to view their preferred sports at a better time for them.

Reactions: 17itdawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Love the summer Olympics, can't wait. The opening ceremonies are basically a parade and get kinda boring to me, but usually watch as the parts that aren't boring are usually fantastic.

My Olympics gripe is I wish they last another week or two - I'm not sure what the rush is in the modern era. Stretching it out let's all of us watch more events, and also frees up more prime-time slots for various counties/regions to view their preferred sports at a better time for them.
One of my daughters is into volleyball now so we will for sure watch that….and I will partake of the women’s beach volleyball.

Of course basketball is at the top along with swimming and handball.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I plan to let SPS tell me what to be mad about. Hopefully a USA silver medalist can wear a MAGA hat on the podium while sporting a BLM shirt, kneel during the other country’s national anthem while praying to the One and Only God. Hopefully this occurs early in the events so we can all get our panties in a wad quickly and collectively, unite behind our mutual offendedness, then get back together to celebrate dominating all other countries and taking gold in the remaining events. #USAUSA.

In all seriousness, I guess I’ll catch up on YouTube. I’m always the most excited about swimming events.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I plan to let SPS tell me what to be mad about. Hopefully a USA silver medalist can wear a MAGA hat on the podium while sporting a BLM shirt, kneel during the other country’s national anthem while praying to the One and Only God. Hopefully this occurs early in the events so we can all get our panties in a wad quickly and collectively, unite behind our mutual offendedness, then get back together to celebrate dominating all other countries and taking gold in the remaining events. #USAUSA.

In all seriousness, I guess I’ll catch up on YouTube. I’m always the most excited about swimming events.
Boy just wait until they find out LeBron is the US flag bearer for the Opening Ceremonies.

yoo wen GIF

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
One of my daughters is into volleyball now so we will for sure watch that….and I will partake of the women’s beach volleyball.

One of my favorite obscure events is rowing - I think I find it kind of soothing.

As far as marquee events, track and field is my favorite.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Might watch a little of the tennis, and maybe a couple of US women's soccer games. Really don't care about any of it, but there's not much else sports going on.

Edit: Actually, probably most interested in Columbia women's soccer since they have 1 former (Cat Perez) and 1 current (Ilana Izquierdo) MSU player who may both start.

Last edited:

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Peacock will have multi view so I will be watching all the competitions at once if I can. This is when I'm the most patriotic person I can be.

I prefer documentaries on The Founding Fathers, Battle of Bunker Hill, York Town, D-Day, Battle of The Bulge, Guadalcanal, Iwo, Okinawa...etc..To Get my Patriotic Juices flowing. I voted "Zero Schits to Give" which is the same sentiment our basketball team has.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
I’ll watch as much track and field as I can. We have some great athletes this Olympics. I’m also excited to see Jakob Ingebrigtsen and Josh Kerr battle again. I think Kerr wins but it will be super close.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I prefer documentaries on The Founding Fathers, Battle of Bunker Hill, York Town, D-Day, Battle of The Bulge, Guadalcanal, Iwo, Okinawa...etc..To Get my Patriotic Juices flowing. I voted "Zero Schits to Give" which is the same sentiment our basketball team has.
Yeah that’s right you tell em.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007

Don’t forget to sign up for the SPS group, “17”.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Swimming, track and field, maybe some soccer, maybe some basketball. Gymnastics if I'm too lazy to pick up the remote. Women's beach volleyball when the wife's not around. I do respect athletic excellence but some Olympic sports just don't interest me. And swimming. Olympic swimming is pretty interesting.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Rowing? Damn Man.
I don't know much about rowing, but I really like watching it.

I moved to the DC area about 25 years ago, and rowing is fairly popular here (as it is throughout the east coast and the northeast into New England). I'd like to be on a rowing team. It looks like a lot of fun to me.

Gotta be in great shape though. Maintaining good rowing pace in a race is a 17'ing grind. The competitors in the Olympics are the best rowers in the world.

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I only tend to watch what I call Olympic sports. So golf, tennis, basketball are out. I used to like Olympic boxing. I like to see something different. No real plans to watch, but if I'm sitting it might get turned on.

Reactions: patdog

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
The Olympics are great, in my opinion. Track and field competition is my favorite, but I could watch almost any sport. Love the competitiveness and passion that is on full display at the Olympic Games.

In every sport at the Olympics, the very best athletes are competing and (most of) those athletes will be giving it everything they have to win.

Also, you see some sports that we don't think about much. Ever watched badmitten? Ping pong? Handball? Shot put? Olympic weightlifting? Those MF'ers are incredible.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The Olympics are great, in my opinion. Track and field competition is my favorite, but I could watch almost any sport. Love the competitiveness and passion that is on full display at the Olympic Games.

In every sport at the Olympics, the very best athletes are competing and (most of) those athletes will be giving it everything they have to win.

Also, you see some sports that we don't think about much. Ever watched badmitten? Ping pong? Handball? Shot put? Olympic weightlifting? Those MF'ers are incredible.
Handball is fun as hell to watch.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017

Never been much into watching the Olympics, but to be honest I don't remember the last time I turned on the tv to watch something not MSU sports related.

Reactions: Anon1697564126

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
Just how interesting is Housewives (which is what I voted for)? I would probably give it a shot over the Olympics.

Reactions: The Peeper

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I love the Olympics. However, I don’t go out of my way to watch, except Men’s Golf. It would be cool to watch X-man win again.

Went to the Olympics in LA in 1984. I watched Americans sweep the 100 meter medals. The flag ceremony and 100,000 singing the national anthem was one of the coolest moments of my life….chill bumps and patriotic tears.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I prefer listening to this. It fires me up.**

• Haha
Reactions: Anon1704414204

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
If I watch the Olympics its the winter Olympics (except for curling) because skiing and skating are so foreign to me growing up in south Mississippi and never having done either.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Women's indoor volleyball- definitely.
Women's beach volleyball- definitely.
Men's indoor volleyball- definitely.
Men's beach volleyball- definitely.
Men's Basketball- definitely.

Equestrian events like jumping, dressage, and eventing- definitely because it'll be on already.
Random swimming- definitely because it'll be on already.

Other than that?...can't say I will seek anything else out.
I haven't given a 17 about track and field since we found out who the best athlete was of all time 32 years ago...or 28 years ago, depending on if you liked Dan or Dave.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Women's indoor volleyball- definitely.
Women's beach volleyball- definitely.
Men's indoor volleyball- definitely.
Men's beach volleyball- definitely.
Men's Basketball- definitely.

Equestrian events like jumping, dressage, and eventing- definitely because it'll be on already.
Random swimming- definitely because it'll be on already.

Other than that?...can't say I will seek anything else out.
I haven't given a 17 about track and field since we found out who the best athlete was of all time 32 years ago...or 28 years ago, depending on if you liked Dan or Dave.

One of the biggest flops of an ad campaign ever. One of them didn’t even qualify

Reactions: mstateglfr

patdog

May 28, 2007
I only tend to watch what I call Olympic sports. So golf, tennis, basketball are out. I used to like Olympic boxing. I like to see something different. No real plans to watch, but if I'm sitting it might get turned on.
I could see basketball. It's national teams that don't play together regularly. But tennis and golf? How is it any different than any other tournament? We just saw the tennis players in the French Open and Wimbledon in the last 2 months, and they'll be at the US Open in 6 weeks. Who cares about one more tournament?

Reactions: Bulldog Bruce
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login