With the Olympics opening Friday, what's your plans for watching?

How much coverage of the Olympics do you plan to watch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Might watch a little of the tennis, and maybe a couple of US women's soccer games. Really don't care about any of it, but there's not much else sports going on.

Edit: Actually, probably most interested in Columbia women's soccer since they have 1 former (Cat Perez) and 1 current (Ilana Izquierdo) MSU player who may both start.
I forgot there was some soccer in there. I’ll probably catch some of that if it’s convenient

patdog

May 28, 2007
I forgot there was some soccer in there. I’ll probably catch some of that if it’s convenient
It’s U-23 teams for the men. The Euros, or even Copa America, earlier this summer was a much better tournament. But it’s the regular women’s teams. It’ll be interesting to see US women with Emma Hayes coaching. But there’s only so much she can do, especially only being in the job a couple of months. This team has a lot of real limitations.

Reactions: horshack.sixpack

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
One of the biggest flops of an ad campaign ever. One of them didn’t even qualify
Agreed on the flop of a campaign. He didn't qualify, but won gold in the next Olympics.
...or was it a flop of a campaign? People remember these guys over 30 years later. In that respect, it was a huge success.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
If I watch it on tv it’ll be because it’s on while I’m at a restaurant or bar.

Nothing against the Olympics, I just am not a fan of television.

As the old joke goes, television is a medium because it’s neither rare nor well done. ($1 to Ernie Kovacs)

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
I wondered if people watched. I don't give a crap about it. Break dancing is a sport now? Is it 1983? I can't take the Olympics seriously when they debate that real sports shouldn't be in the Olympics.

• Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I wondered if people watched. I don't give a crap about it. Break dancing is a sport now? Is it 1983? I can't take the Olympics seriously when they debate that real sports shouldn't be in the Olympics.
Other than football, what real sports aren't in Olympics?

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
France wouldn't allow fighting of any sort in their country, messes up the ruffled shirts they wear
A damned shame from a country that produced Charles the Hammer, his grandson Charlemagne, Willam the Conqueror (Viking Blood Though) & Lafayette. If not for France we'd have Qurans instead of Bibles and still paying taxes to England.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
A damned shame from a country that produced Charles the Hammer, his grandson Charlemagne, Willam the Conqueror (Viking Blood Though) & Lafayette. If not for France we'd have Qurans instead of Bibles and still paying taxes to England.
One of the Sunday morning news shows had a segment a few weeks ago and from the sound of things Qurans have become very commonplace in France. Islam is the now the 2nd largest religion there behind only Catholicism and makes up 10% of the population or almost 7 million people.

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1704414204

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
One of the Sunday morning news shows had a segment a few weeks ago and from the sound of things Qurans have become very commonplace in France. Islam is the now the 2nd largest religion there behind only Catholicism and makes up 10% of the population or almost 7 million people.
Parts of Paris and other areas of France are labeled "No Go Zones" by police due to their stupid immigration policies. Violent Caliphates Rule Them and the cops just keep out.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
A good bit of it. Likely will be what's on the "big TV" for the next 2 weeks either actively or passively watching.
Big T&F guy. 4X4 is one of my favorite things in sports.
Watched the swimming trials a few weeks back and had forgotten how exciting it is. I can't imagine the arm, leg and lung burn being chased down or chasing to touch the wall. The Phelps finger touch picture is an all time great. Track in water.
As someone said, badminton and ping pong are things I'd guess most of us have played but we didn't play that. Amazing to watch.
I'll watch gymnastics and Biles but can't say "judged" events are my favorite thing.
Probably not a lot of basketball or soccer (I couldn't resist) 😉

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login