With this loss, we do not deserve to host

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Y'all are gluttons. This place is quite as hell after baseball wins and a flurry of "everything sucks, but most especially our fat coach" after a loss.

Life's way to short. We'll be in Hoover, then we'll be in the NCAA tourney. It's postseason time.

Find some joy...

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Y'all are gluttons. This place is quite as hell after baseball wins and a flurry of "everything sucks, but most especially our fat coach" after a loss.

Life's way to short. We'll be in Hoover, then we'll be in the NCAA tourney. It's postseason time.

Find some joy...

And we are hosting.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
And we are hosting.
We aren’t hosting unless we win two in Hoover. Possibly 3

the top 16 RPI wise are much more deserving than us and you have Oklahoma state whose 17 who will definitely host. Both Duke and even schools like Dallas Baptist are ahead of us… plus barring a Hoover run we’ll have 20 losses. Hard to over come 20 losses and host unless your RPI is thru the roof. Ours isn’t.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Nope you're wrong, Goat cleared up the fact that Lemonis has "top notch game management skills" just a couple days ago. You must have missed that lesson
Let me go back and read that and what L4Dawg is telling us about our mythical baseball program. After reading their posts I'll go stare out the window and realize all hope for the future is gone and that the 2021 NC was a lucky break in our miserable state of being.

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
If we don’t deserve to host, who does? 16 teams will host. So who are your 16? Several teams that host will have blemished records.
I still think we host. I think WF has a lot more work to do than us, also there’s a lot of talk about the 13-17 teams all getting in which helps us.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I still think we host. I think WF has a lot more work to do than us, also there’s a lot of talk about the 13-17 teams all getting in which helps us.
Wake has an RPI of 11. They win their pod in the acc tourney they host.

them and ucsb whose RPI is 10.. are the only teams in the top 16 that are even questionable. The other 14 are solidly hosting. Oklahoma state is as well.

there is only 1 spot left. Are they passing over teams that are 10-12 points higher than us to give us a hosting spot... no way… we need wins in Hoover.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We don't have a choice but to extend him. Recruiting on a 1 year contract, when you're recruiting kids three years before they even graduate is a killer. And our recruiting has sucked already. You might as well let him walk if you aren't extending him, just drop the buyout.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
We don't have a choice but to extend him. Recruiting on a 1 year contract, when you're recruiting kids three years before they even graduate is a killer. And our recruiting has sucked already. You might as well let him walk if you aren't extending him, just drop the buyout.
95 percent of kids aren’t committing to the coach. Their committee to play at Mississippi state.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
clint eastwood Deserve's got nothing to do with it. GIF

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
95 percent of kids aren’t committing to the coach. Their committee to play at Mississippi state.
That's not really true. The coach matters and so does winning. Mississippi State isn't some insanely great program like LSU. In-state it matters some but we didn't recruit instate this last round. We've already lost a commit partly due to instability concerns. Kids can transfer freely now. They leave when coaches leave.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
That's not really true. The coach matters and so does winning. Mississippi State isn't some insanely great program like LSU. In-state it matters some but we didn't recruit instate this last round. We've already lost a commit partly due to instability concerns. Kids can transfer freely now. They leave when coaches leave.
LSU really had a nice little run in the 90's. One last year as well. Not so much this year. Not so insane

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
LSU really had a nice little run in the 90's. One last year as well. Not so much this year. Not so insane
Let's not attempt to say the State program has been as good as the LSU program. LSU is far more recognized than State. We had a great little run until the last two years, but next year we're back starting over. The portal is going to be our primary recruiting tool. We better have a thick check book and we need to make a post season run to show we can.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
So only winning 2 out of 3 from Mizzou disqualifies you from hosting a regional? That’s bad news for Georgia, South Carolina and Kentucky.
A poor RPI compared to other teams is what does that. Without a couple more wins we probably don't have much of a shot. Will be fun to end that OM season though.

msudawg200

Feb 1, 2012
This site is confusing. I read that Lemonis can’t recruit AND that the recruits choose the school, not the coach.
That’s because people like to operate in the extremes to prove their point and ignore facts that take away from it.

Of course, many times the point they actually make is that they can’t make a rationale argument.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
This site is confusing. I read that Lemonis can’t recruit AND that the recruits choose the school, not the coach.

I'll try to help with the confusion.

There are quite a few posters here who've forgotten more baseball than Coach Lemonis ever knew. They also are intimately involved with the team and know better than the coaches who should be slotted into what role on an inning by inning basis.

With this level of knowledge, they have understandably concluded that Lemonis must go because he didn't maintain excellence immediately after a national championship. Maintaining this level of excellence is common as evidenced by the play of the last few champs following their championships.

Actually, wait. Based on the play of the last few champs and the new wave of best teams in the SEC, who collectively have 0 championships among the 4 of them, maybe excellence ebbs and flows, even with good coaches.

But that can't be it, because the experts have decided Lemonis sucks, so he must suck, because they're experts.

Since he sucks, all arguments must be about his suckage, and logic is not important when in a life and death battle to expel this coach before he ruins the program they hate to love.

Since logic doesn't matter, any argument is acceptable in the desired outcome of a coaching search, which we are excellent at.

Clear now???

Reactions: HammerOfTheDogs

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I'll try to help with the confusion.

There are quite a few posters here who've forgotten more baseball than Coach Lemonis ever knew. They also are intimately involved with the team and know better than the coaches who should be slotted into what role on an inning by inning basis.

With this level of knowledge, they have understandably concluded that Lemonis must go because he didn't maintain excellence immediately after a national championship. Maintaining this level of excellence is common as evidenced by the play of the last few champs following their championships.

Actually, wait. Based on the play of the last few champs and the new wave of best teams in the SEC, who collectively have 0 championships among the 4 of them, maybe excellence ebbs and flows, even with good coaches.

But that can't be it, because the experts have decided Lemonis sucks, so he must suck, because they're experts.

Since he sucks, all arguments must be about his suckage, and logic is not important when in a life and death battle to expel this coach before he ruins the program they hate to love.

Since logic doesn't matter, any argument is acceptable in the desired outcome of a coaching search, which we are excellent at.

Clear now???
LSU ended up doing ok for themsevles after theirs. They’ll likely be a solid 2 seed somewhere. Think most would be ok with that after a natty.

also most champions after they win it don’t suffer two years of a down slide to the extent we did. It’s fair to say that ole miss and us are exceptions and not the rule.

I’ll let you go back to thinking the entire board is against Lemonis and team. Think most on the board either lean slightly one way or the other. There are a few extremist both ways, you are obviously one of the extremist

Reactions: patdog

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
It’s not confusing. Lemonis’ recruiting issue isn’t the act of convincing kids to come to State. Most anyone can do that. His issue is which kids he is choosing to convince to come to State.

Reactions: patdog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
LSU ended up doing ok for themsevles after theirs. They’ll likely be a solid 2 seed somewhere. Think most would be ok with that after a natty.

also most champions after they win it don’t suffer two years of a down slide to the extent we did. It’s fair to say that ole miss and us are exceptions and not the rule.

I’ll let you go back to thinking the entire board is against Lemonis and team. Think most on the board either lean slightly one way or the other. There are a few extremist both ways, you are obviously one of the extremist

You're the only one I get into it with very much, because your negativity is overwhelming.

And it feels like you never self assess as to whether you're wrong about anything. Maybe I'm wrong on that and you can set me straight.

You say I'm an extremist. I'll challenge you to find me saying anything overly positive about Lemonis. Anything even remotely on the level of the extreme Lemonis opponents here.

What I respond negatively to is fans who spend the majority of their posting efforts on shitting on players and coaches. They have every right, but I don't have to respond positively to it, especially if I think it's BS.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
Let's not attempt to say the State program has been as good as the LSU program. LSU is far more recognized than State. We had a great little run until the last two years, but next year we're back starting over. The portal is going to be our primary recruiting tool. We better have a thick check book and we need to make a post season run to show we can.
During the Polk years, remember all those players who would come to Dudy Noble and marvel at how wonderful the place is and wished they could've played here? Now with the transfer portal, we can make their wishes come true.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
During the Polk years, remember all those players who would come to Dudy Noble and marvel at how wonderful the place is and wished they could've played here? Now with the transfer portal, we can make their wishes come true.
Hasn't really worked so far. We've hit on a few guys but none of the top transfers. Skenes went to play for Wes. Montgomery went closer to family and a coach. Holman went to a more stable situation. We need proven P5 studs with all we lose this year. Recruiting is the one true knock on this staff, but at least Foxy is gone because he killed us both recruiting and coaching.

Fishsqeezer

Jan 3, 2023
You hate it that we are ranked and turned it around this year. You wanted us to lose as much as possible. Every post you make oozes that man. We can all see it, even if you can't.
No fn way, I’m a bulldog through & through, you’re the one who said you didn’t follow baseball so I know a little more than you