Wk 5 - Grilling, smoking & drinking

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
New site, pics/gifs are easier than ever to post, and we're gonna stomp A&M's *** tomorrow, so it's time to kick it up a notch!

Let's here what's going on the grill this weekend, fellas

Lets Go Start GIF

Reactions: NTDawg

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
A lazy day. Burgers and grilled onions on the Blackstone. 1/4 lb franks on the Bullseye.
Have some Bigfoot I’ve aged since the spring. About time to sample it.07BBE27E-106F-43C5-9118-B85DDC106955.jpeg

Last edited:

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Will be at the game so the devil will not be cooking this weekend. That being said, I am not a bad guy despite what my dad led you humans to believe so if there is anyone that has some tailgate fare they would share then that would make for a most happy devil.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Anybody ever smoked a leg of lamb? I thawed out a boneless one, think I'm gonna hit it about 250-275 on the Weber with some apple chunks. I've always done leg of lamb in the oven. It's so nice out it seems like a sin not to enjoy it, yet didn't want to do a long cook for a brisket or pork butt.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
@dorndawg Yes. I've smoked one. my neighbor's deep freeze **** the bed and we scrambled to cook 90 lbs of meat in an afternoon before if spoiled. Everything was still rock solid.

I marinated and basted it with standard lamb stuff. Garlic, EVOO, rosemary, S&P.

It was awful. I like lamb chops, but this was way too gamey. I think I carried it to 140ish to get it in that medium/medium rare range. No one enjoyed it.

Looking back at it, I would have brined it overnight and cooked in the oven in red wine and vegetables.

Reactions: dorndawg

Brew_Dawg

Jun 29, 2018
Haven’t decided between some venison tenderloins with loaded baked potatoes or a jalapeño popper stuffed pork tenderloin. Decisions decisions…

DonDon.sixpack

Aug 31, 2012
Getting my Big Green Egg back up and running in the morning. Fire Box Broke 2 years ago in a move so had to buy another one since I couldn't produce proof of purchase of my BGE from 15 years ago. I think some Ribs would be perfect for a first cook

Conman90

Mar 3, 2008
Got the gree egg ready for a brisket chunk cook in the morning. Ran across a chunk of brisket that is mostly point. Gonna do chopped beef sandwiches.

HammerOfTheDogs

Aug 6, 2004
New site, pics/gifs are easier than ever to post, and we're gonna stomp A&M's *** tomorrow, so it's time to kick it up a notch!

Lets Go Start GIF
16 Oz. Sirloin steaks from Rendon meats just outside Burleson, TX, baked sweet potatoes, asparagus from HEB, and a sweet red wine to wash it down.

I know I won't win, but it's like a 5 K race with 2,000 runners- some are competing for a spot in the Olympic trials, while most are doing it to see if they can finish, while others finish just for the post-race food spread.

Attachments

• Steak and asparagus.jpe
    Steak and asparagus.jpe
    82.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
Got the house to myself tomorrow so looks like a bologna chub and some alligator sausages on the smoker. My youngest got me a bottle of this stuff so I'll be sampling or guzzling it while I watch.1664593856181.png

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
A7FBE052-00E0-4B68-B393-A2D28A91ED09.jpeg
Chicken thighs stuffed with jalapeños and cream cheese, seasoned with some cheap DG chicken seasoning, and wrapped in bacon. Slap yo moma good. Tater tots drizzled with queso. A few meatballs for snacks. Oh, had some leftover bacon from wrapping the chicken so I grilled it too.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Anybody ever smoked a leg of lamb? I thawed out a boneless one, think I'm gonna hit it about 250-275 on the Weber with some apple chunks. I've always done leg of lamb in the oven. It's so nice out it seems like a sin not to enjoy it, yet didn't want to do a long cook for a brisket or pork butt.
Like your enthusiasm but I've never had a taste for lamb. I've tried it repeatedly, even at expensive restaurants but there's a dusty taste to me; kinda like liver. I've always wanted to like liver and lamb but I've taken my last tries at both. I'd take the extra time on the brisket and pork butt. The older I get, the more I gravitate towards seafood. My beef intake has pretty much whittled down to tenderloin. Gonna stir fry some mahi mahi tonight in cajun seasoning, ground ginger and avocada oil. Green Split peas and turnip greens while nursing my Burnett's from the freezer with olives. Onions & Garlic Galore. Hail STATE!!!

vandaldawg

Feb 23, 2008

Lets Go Start GIF

shitload of Budweiser

MaxwellSmart

May 28, 2007
The way I do it is hold my finger on the pic I want and hit copy. Then hold my finger in the reply box and hit paste.

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
The way I do it is hold my finger on the pic I want and hit copy. Then hold my finger in the reply box and hit paste.
Every time I do that it says the files are too large to load. It is just pics I took with my IPhone. Any help is appreciated

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login