Women v. Vandy

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Vandy came to play. We got down 11-4 to start, but we’ve brought it back to 11-10 at the first media time out.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Focus on the men.

This team is all over the place inconsistent.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
This team looks bad. Slow and unathletic at a lot of spots. Coaching isn't getting it done either.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Carter should be a leader and she is NOT. Debresia Powe was the best player in the State her Senior Year, and transfers are getting her minutes. Something doesn't seem right with this group.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Carter should be a leader and she is NOT. Debresia Powe was the best player in the State her Senior Year, and transfers are getting her minutes. Something doesn't seem right with this group.
Powe isn't losing time. She had a great game last night until she cramped up. We brought in too many slow, unathletic kids who just aren't very good. Carter is Carter. She's a 4 playing the 5. We need a speed and athleticism upgrade and that needs to start with our S/C program that is straight up poor. We never get back on defense, got heavy footed girls that can't/dont move on defense. PG is still a problem too. Damn Vandy was more athletic than us. We skull drug that team last year.

Reactions: dog12

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
#1 - We haven't had a basketball team mens or women that has done well at Vanderbilt

#2 - it's really hard to win an SEC Road game. Always.

Theconnormead

Jan 26, 2023
Thanks Cohen for running Vic off.
Vic was a unicorn here, it will be a long time before we repeat that. Not just the product on the court, but the whole buy-in to women's basketball. I'm sure he had / has an ego the size of Texas, but most of the best do, and when they win you put up with the ego.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Vic was a unicorn here, it will be a long time before we repeat that. Not just the product on the court, but the whole buy-in to women's basketball. I'm sure he had / has an ego the size of Texas, but most of the best do, and when they win you put up with the ego.
Was thinking the same thing. Our women’s basketball program was pretty mediocre before Vic came and it’s been pretty mediocre since he left. It’s a shame we threw away a chance to win a national title in that time, because I don’t see that happening for a long time, if ever.

Reactions: Theconnormead

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Vic is probably the best head coach we've ever had in any sport and Cohen was a total dumba$$ to let him get away but I don't know that even Vic could have ever recreated the team success he had with that core group of Vivens, McCowan and William after they left. We had already seen some decline with his final team during the COVID year before he left and I don't think he had the pieces on the team coming back to replicate being a true NC contender. He probably even recognized that which likely gave him additional motivation to make a move given his sour relationship with Cohen.

Reactions: Theconnormead
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login