Women's soccer out of world cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Ricigliano

Jul 27, 2011
You’re a State fan right? Remind me again how SEC revenue sharing works? Is it good for us? Typical MS thought process. I hate entitlements!!! Meanwhile sucking off the entitlement teet.
The revenue is shared for two entirely different reasons in those cases. Poor comparison.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Note that our team is almost certainly more politically conservative than Sweden's team, and probably the most politically conservative team in the entire 2023 World Cup.
Here's the point. If you are participating in an international event like this "representing" any country and choose this venue to turn around and show your displeasure with that country you're not going to affect the way anyone thinks about the country, you're going to affect the way people think about you and you (not the country) will suffer any consequences that come from your actions.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
You’re a State fan right? Remind me again how SEC revenue sharing works? Is it good for us? Typical MS thought process. I hate entitlements!!! Meanwhile sucking off the entitlement teet.
Only problem with that comparison is that we (state) are playing in those games. The women's soccer team is playing in a different league against different teams but collecting money from a league they do not participate in at all. In fact, if they did, they would be closer to the Vanderbilt football team than any other.

Reactions: Yeti

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
How are they distracted? All the kneeling bullshlt was in 2016 and guess what? They won the World Cup in 2019. Can I ask, who do you cheer for in sports? I assume State, so we have two championships in 300 years of combined sports. Meanwhile USWNT has 50% of all the championships and lost in the sweet sixteen.
But they let a lesbian play out there with culerd hayur!***

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
What a great thread! How many of you actually watch women's Soccer? World Cup or otherwise?

Don't follow it myself. It's shame they lost, particularly if they are as talented as so many of you - who obviously keep up with it more closely -- seem to be suggesting.

But, hey, THAT'S WOMEN'S SOCCER. Some gotta win and some gotta lose.

So the U.S. Team wants to be WOKE. WGAF? Seriously, does it matter to you guys that much? They have a platform and an opinion and THAT'S SOCIAL MEDIA.

And WE have SPS. Fascinating how folks use a sport they couldn't give two $4its about to score political point for THEIR tribe.

God, I love this Forum.

Reactions: msstatelp1

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Don’t start introducing logic into the discussion around here… plain and simple the ones who were hoping for this result were doing so because the majority of the team (probably all) has a vastly different political view than them. But when a right winger gets cancelled or takes heat, they will spend countless hours watching Ben Shapiro on YouTube and get all riled up because someone was cancelled just because of their political beliefs.

Reactions: msstatelp1

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Don’t start introducing logic into the discussion around here… plain and simple the ones who were hoping for this result were doing so because the majority of the team (probably all) has a vastly different political view than them. But when a right winger gets cancelled or takes heat, they will spend countless hours watching Ben Shapiro on YouTube and get all riled up because someone was cancelled just because of their political beliefs.
Yet this soccer player cancelled herself by sucking in the last game she'll ever play. Talk sh¡t all you want, protest the wind blowing and the blue sky above. In the end you bring all the attention you so desperately needed, so deal with it. Kap took a knee and he had a message as well. And he sucked at the actual game. Winners aren't victims. They win.

Both the USA men and women sucked in the world cup. Equality.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Note that our team is almost certainly more politically conservative than Sweden's team, and probably the most politically conservative team in the entire 2023 World Cup.
Are you insane? China. Nigeria. Vietnam. Women and civil rights in those countries…yea.
Yet this soccer player cancelled herself by sucking in the last game she'll ever play. Talk sh¡t all you want, protest the wind blowing and the blue sky above. In the end you bring all the attention you so desperately needed, so deal with it. Kap took a knee and he had a message as well. And he sucked at the actual game. Winners aren't victims. They win.

Both the USA men and women sucked in the world cup. Equality.
Yea…but the men’s team actually has a future. The women’s team does not.

goodknight

Jan 27, 2011
Lost to Sweden 0 to 0 in penalty kicks. For population reference, Sweden is roughly the land size of one US State, California. USA has 22 times the population of Sweden.

Maybe next time focus on the game and not attention seeking behavior.

Yes, Rapinoe missed her penalty kick.
When you play as an individual and are more concerned and focused on what’s in it for YOU and making a political statement this is what you get. A lackluster showing in the World Cup, lucky to even be in the knockout round and half the country pulling for Sweden because all you want to do is complain about how you are mistreated, underpaid , undervalued and have to live in and represent this terrible country you call home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login