Wonder if Football Scoop will be all over this?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Anyone with sense already knew this. It's a home run hire for Miami. It's not just money, it's fit, personality, everything.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Rumors swirling like crazy about the Lane Train heading out of Oxford. Shocker that Football Scoop has nothing on it.***

SouthOfI10

Nov 20, 2016
Florida Atlantic AD is one of the top candidates for the AD position at Miami…. Lanes old boss

tatedog

Mar 28, 2015
I hope he didn't attend the Dan Mullen school of resume writing and interviewing.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
Lane will leave when hell freezes over!!!!!!

When hell Freezes over!!!

When…. um.. uh… Freeze, come on over

Willow Grove Dawg

Nov 3, 2016
The members of the “Cultish Klanish Media Bubble Surrounding Oxford” will have all the Breaking News on this subject

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Anyone with sense already knew this. It's a home run hire for Miami. It's not just money, it's fit, personality, everything.

Plus he still has a house in Boca and would prefer to live there on the water.

The issue is that it will probably be a good deal less money and their facilities are outdated by 20-years. If their boosters would step to the plate and come up with close to what OM is about to raise him to and initiate fast tracked facility upgrades - he’s gone…

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yeah that’s what’s it’s gonna take is a major buy in from the boosters. They’ve got the money I just don’t know why they haven’t invested it in the facilities snd everything else. Could be to toxic culture left behind or they didn’t like the coaching hires lately. Don’t know kiffin in Miami would be like the 80s though. That conference is there for the taking with Clemson falling off and Florida state not being what it used to. Still doesn’t have the shine of the sec though. I’d be more worried about Florida if I were ole miss. Don’t know if he will leave after year 2 or not. Be hard to turn Florida or Miami down though.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
I will be stunned if Kiffin leaves flagship for Miami. I don't doubt for a second he'd leave for a better job.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Supposedly he gets free personal training in Boca. Hard to pass that up.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
ACC has less shine, but an easier path to the playoffs for the reasons you mentioned.

Well if nothing else these rumors might tank their recruiting in the early period considering signing day is 20 days after the eggbowl…

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Miami won't get in a bidding war they could lose. They would have to offer something other than close to family/home. The Pirate is about the same distance so they would have to make it something more than just money.

I'm betting he would have his sights set on something larger after he showed what he could do with Corrall.

Miami is not the jewel it used to be for coaching.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
They would have to offer something other than close to family/home. The Pirate is about the same distance so they would have to make it something more than just money.

The drive from Key West to Miami is comparable to someone driving from Starkville to New Orleans. From Lane's house in Boca it is about an hour and a half. They should hire Lane because of this.***

Miami wants Cristobal, but they can't compete with Nike money. I mean REAL Nike money.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login