Won't be watching many basketball games this year

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
If you have the SEC network on your cable or sat you should be able to log on through the ESPN site or app with your TV log in.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
$70.00 a year is too much to watch all State basketball and baseball games? Makes one question your commitment... I mean, that's like half a brisket.**

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I avoided ESPN+ as long as I could but I bit the bullet last week. I know baseball is going to be just as bad. The first game vs North Alabama required me to subscribe. I guess xfinity no longer included it like year.

Last year I had no problems streaming.

Last edited:

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
If you have the SEC network on your cable or sat you should be able to log on through the ESPN site or app with your TV log in.

This is correct. I have been able to watch each of our men's basketball games for free this year on my laptop by logging into my Cspire tv account.

00dog

May 19, 2021
Found pretty decent viewing instructions here

I was trying to figure it out myself.

I have DirecTV with a package that includes the SEC Network. The ESPN+ was once a part of my package, but now requires a separate subscription.

According to the link, ESPN+ and SECN+ are viewed thru the ESPN app. For SECN+ programs you sign-in selecting your tv provider (assuming secn is part of your package). For ESPN+ you sign-in with your subscription.

Prices for ESPN packages are listed in the link.

https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/a...-SEC-College-Football-on-ESPN-or-SEC-Network-

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I avoided ESPN+ as long as I could but I bit the bullet last week. I know baseball is going to be just as bad. The first game vs North Alabama required me to subscribe. I guess xfinity no longer included it like year.

I have the Disney, Hulu, ESPN+ bundle Grandkids get Disney I get the Plus and Hulu.

Edit to add that the bundle is a lot cheaper than all three by themselves and I really get a money's worth not only for my girls to be able to watch all the Disney stuff but I find a lot of things that I can read from ESPN plus

Last edited:

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
This is my situation

I was trying to figure it out myself.

I have DirecTV with a package that includes the SEC Network. The ESPN+ was once a part of my package, but now requires a separate subscription.

According to the link, ESPN+ and SECN+ are viewed thru the ESPN app. For SECN+ programs you sign-in selecting your tv provider (assuming secn is part of your package). For ESPN+ you sign-in with your subscription.

Prices for ESPN packages are listed in the link.

https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/a...-SEC-College-Football-on-ESPN-or-SEC-Network-

How much do we need to keep spending? I noticed ESPN3 has very few games. ESPN moved them to ESPN+ to make more money. I guess they need it since they had layoffs a few years ago.

Last edited:

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
How much do we need to keep spending?

If you have DirecTV with SECN, then you don't have to pay anything. You do have to log into the ESPN app with your TV subscriber information (which is annoying), but you get the games for free.

I get them free through my YouTubeTV subscription.

Watchdog999

Mar 3, 2020

The X1 box wont work for sec network+ for some reason but login with roku or samsung app .etc.. and it works without paying for sec+

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
I use Roku on a TV with an ESPN Subscription through Direct TV. ESPN+ games tell me that I have to pay for the service. I haven't tried it on a computer.

Watchdog999

Mar 3, 2020
I use Roku on a TV with an ESPN Subscription through Direct TV. ESPN+ games tell me that I have to pay for the service. I haven't tried it on a computer.

login to espn on the roku with your direct tv login then try it.. it will pop up use sec+ or secnetwork+ with your provider so click on sec network+ with provider..

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
login to espn on the roku with your direct tv login then try it.. it will pop up use sec+ or secnetwork+ with your provider so click on sec network+ with provider..

This. Don't use the DirecTV app. Use the ESPN app and login on that app with your DirecTV information. It'll give you step by step instructions as you do it. Don't hesitate to DM me if you have any questions.

I really hope people dial into this team quickly, cause they're going to be a really solid team. I want to see the Hump packed like Vic and the girls packed it.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I ran into the same thing last night. Could only watch on my phone. I have Comcast for cable. Will have to try some of the login stuff people are suggesting. ESPN+ worked previously for me I think but not now

Aug 22, 2012

I also have Roku.

For last night's game, when I selected to watch it, it gave me two options: ESPN+ and SECN+. ESPN+ requires a subscription, but when I selected SECN+ I was able to watch because I was already signed in with my television provider, YoutubeTV. You just gotta log in with your DirectTV info on the app and the rest will take care of itself.

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011

I logged in through xfinity like normal.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
FYI. It's all perspective. I remember there being a few football games a year not televised in 2007-8 timeframe. Now, we have every baseball, basketball, and I believe women's basketball games in HD (usually anyway.) Yes it costs $70 a year, but it's not cheap to put the games on TV. Unfortunately, our no football game add revenue is not going to be enough to make it worthwhile.

I'm not sure what I would pay, but it's a lot more than what it is now. I would not be shocked to see ESPN run this programming through a schools individual athletic department down the road. Digital/streaming content rights were an afterthought in the past. But the day is likely coming where it's the number one source of revenue. So don't complain now, wait until we have seat licensing fees for the recliner in your living room.***

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Xfinity is still included I saw it last night on the list when I was logging in my provider info.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
ESPN has moved them to ESPN+. Don't have it and won't be getting ESPN+ so . . .

$14 for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+.

With ESPN+ you have access to a ton more articles on their site as well as endless basketball, baseball, soccer, volleyball, etc.
Its just reality- we now have more access to sports than ever before and that costs money. We get to see every MSU football and basketball game now, plus baseball, volleyball, women's basketball, etc. Think back 15 years when there was just 1 SEC football game on JP at a time and when you had to pay to stream a basketball game from a competitor's website to watch a random non-conference game.

I will take the current setup every damn time.

Seriously- its like $5/month for ESPN+ and you have access to endless sports, the 30for30 library, and endless articles.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
This is not true. It shows them on both ESPN+ and SECN+ as always.

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
^^^ i use a fire stick. When i clicked to watch our game last night, it asked if i wanted to watch on ESPN+ (separate subscription) or on SECN+ (already logged in with xfinity with SECN).

I picked the latter and watched with no separate subscription.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Correct. I've only watched one game, but it was on my television using Roku to stream SECN+. You can also watch almost all our baseball and women's basketball games on SECN+.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
You can watch SECN+ games on your computer/phone. Don't know about ESPN+.

You'll have to update your sign-in every few months, but that's not a big deal. Just takes a couple of minutes. I suppose they're just wanting to make sure you still subscribe to a service that has the SEC Network.

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Looking at our schedule,

looks like many games will be on SECNW, ESPN, ESPN2, Or ESPNU.

Not exactly free, considering what I pay in cable/internet bill each month.

Last edited:

tcdog70

Sep 24, 2012
When I first tried to log in it gave me the subscribe to ESPN+ ********. I just re entered my provider info and it went to sec +. And I watched the ball game.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login