Woody Marks Joins Rogers at UW

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
No, you're trying to accuse me of being a fanboy, which is more stupid than many of your other takes.
No, I am pointing out your inconsistency. You are then taking that to mean you are a 'fanboy'.
I fully recognize you arent sad to see Rogers leave use his 5th season elsewhere. So it isnt bitterness that MSU doesnt get his extra year.

Just saying I havent seen you complain about this with players that come to MSU and play that 5th season. If you have complained that Jimmy Bell or Dashawn Davis are playing this season due to getting a covid year, I missed it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
No, I am pointing out your inconsistency. You are then taking that to mean you are a 'fanboy'.
I fully recognize you arent sad to see Rogers leave use his 5th season elsewhere. So it isnt bitterness that MSU doesnt get his extra year.

Just saying I havent seen you complain about this with players that come to MSU and play that 5th season. If you have complained that Jimmy Bell or Dashawn Davis are playing this season due to getting a covid year, I missed it.
I don't care enough about basketball to even know.

3-2 Dawg

Jun 6, 2023
My tailgate friend that went there in Sept, he's from Jackson metro, so he knows. Even people on the West coast are moving. Ask the TX people about the influx of Left Coast fruits and nuts
Yep moving at such a crazy rate away from there that Seattle’s population continues to consistently increase by just under 1% YoY.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I don't care enough about basketball to even know.
Fair enough I guess.

Well next year is the last for the covid super-senior option so you only have to live thru 1 more year of college sports then it can fully get back to more HS kids being signed..and transferring.
Thatll be an odd 1st year for a lot of programs and sports- so many will have to fill in rosters with a level or type of player they otherwise wouldnt seek out. Maybe its juco or talent that would otherwise be at d2.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Graphs are fun. Numbers from random websites that you dont take the time to review for accuracy or validity are also fun.

Here is a graph I found. I laugh at how hard some people focus on that teeny tiny dip way at the top of the steadily rising line. If it can 'prove' a narrative, then its statistically significant!

This is from Census.gov, so their numbers should probably be trusted(though I am sure someone could rant about how they cant be trusted).
1702488406289.png

Really though, whichever numbers are genuinely correct, the population count of a city in a 1 or 2 year timeframe is hardly as important as the population count over a decade or more. Further, it is critical to explore WHY population increases or decreases.
Perhaps population was older and died off faster than replaced. Perhaps population grew from births. Perhaps a housing price surge pushed people out. Perhaps a large housing project was completed.
etc etc etc.
Insight and context to population changes, both increase and decrease, is important. But that sort of info doesnt fit narratives and biases so it is often ignored by people motivated by such things on both sides of an issue.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Fair enough I guess.

Well next year is the last for the covid super-senior option so you only have to live thru 1 more year of college sports then it can fully get back to more HS kids being signed..and transferring.
Thatll be an odd 1st year for a lot of programs and sports- so many will have to fill in rosters with a level or type of player they otherwise wouldnt seek out. Maybe its juco or talent that would otherwise be at d2.
Things will stabilize, even in this new era, at that time. People will also be used to NIL and immediately eligible transfers, and we can move the 17 on and root for our teams instead of rabbling over dumb shlt that isn't changing.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I have absolutely zero inside info but I just get the feeling Will might be leaving with a bit of a bad taste in his mouth and for whatever reasons a lot of State fans kind feel the same about him. I.E. I don't doubt he may be a coach some day but just may not be at State.
Fans said the same thing about Mullen.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
That was the play called. He can;t help Tulu and Walley BOTH did not make the block. Did you even watch?

I agree that Tulu and Walley should have blocked that guy.

That being said, have you ever seen Rogers throw a swing pass to a RB only to have the RB get blind-side crushed by a LB or a S?

I have. Those plays look very much like this play.

hdogg

Nov 21, 2014
I wish them both good luck and thanks for the years of playing football at State! I'm sure they will be very successful where ever they end up playing.
Amen!
They both played hard here. I'm really curious to see how well they do - and a little anxious to be honest.
How crappy will we all feel if Will ends up pulling a BoNix and crushes it at another school? They both put in a lot of years here and were under-appreciated by the fans, so I don't blame them trying to make some $$ since their NFL career is very uncertain.
Hail State

Reactions: Ranchdawg

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Penix was a 53% passer in 2022, 56% in 2021. What Deboer has done with him is nothing less than a great coaching job. He is 103-11 as a HC. He has gone 24-2 at Washington. They beat the #5, 8, 11, 18, and 20th ranked teams this year alone.

That are no longer ranked

Irondawg

Dec 2, 2007
Woody is a good player and would do well there but how odd would it be to see UW with ex MSU qb and 2 rb?

With DJ and Woody it’s all about staying healthy as both always have had nagging injuries.

Will is the fascinating experiment, especially with their move to Big 10.

He’s got some limitations physically, but if he improved his accuracy (ball placements, not completion %) and was taught to keep his eyes downfield a bit longer vs rushing to the check off then he could do well.

His main problems here was he didn’t do well with pressure and missed a ton of big plays down the field.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login