Wool maker.....Josh Flowers QB

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You got this all twisted up. Leach and Mullen beat Alabama a grand total of zero times. If you can’t beat Bama much less a number of other blue bloods all in the same season you ain’t winning a natty. Blue bloods have systems too but with better anthletes to execute them and a staff of systems analysts in the background. This ain’t basketball and it damn sure ain’t baseball. If you think recruiting doesn’t matter you’re out of your mind. A perfect system full of three stars will be smaller, slower, weaker, and dumber and it will be obvious on every snap.
No they don't, at least not in the 'system' I'm talking about. I'm talking about niche/gimmick offenses. Auburn did under Malzahn, and guess what, they were good. And of course we can't take inferior athletes. Duh.

patdog

May 28, 2007
How do you know that Parson is better than Wright? You don't. But there is one thing we do know.....Wright has started and played games on the road in the SEC in front of 100K+ hostile crowds. Do we want to throw a freshman out in a situation like that? Parson would have to beat out Wright pretty badly in preseason workouts for that to happen, and I have a hard time seeing he would be THAT much better than Wright. Wright is a great runner and an average to above average passer. Everything being equal, I start Mike Wright in 2024.....if he decides to return. Now, if he performs poorly, yes, then give Parson or Flowers a shot.
Why is everyone just assuming Rogers won’t be out QB is 2024? I think there’s a chance he comes back for a 5th year.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Why is everyone just assuming Rogers won’t be out QB is 2024? I think there’s a chance he comes back for a 5th year.
No way. 4 years starting is enough for anybody in SEC football. If you don't have it by then you don't have it. He'll try the NFL draft then get into coaching.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Not to mention Rogers has already graduated in spring, 2023. He probably should be thinking about his future which most likely will not be in the NFL.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
No they don't, at least not in the 'system' I'm talking about. I'm talking about niche/gimmick offenses. Auburn did under Malzahn, and guess what, they were good. And of course we can't take inferior athletes. Duh.
Gimmicks FTW huh, that’s what you think Auburn was doing. Yeah they were doing crazy stuff! They were running the ball, playing good defense, recruiting in the top 10. It’s nuts I know!

Last edited:

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
How do you know that Parson is better than Wright? You don't. But there is one thing we do know.....Wright has started and played games on the road in the SEC in front of 100K+ hostile crowds. Do we want to throw a freshman out in a situation like that? Parson would have to beat out Wright pretty badly in preseason workouts for that to happen, and I have a hard time seeing he would be THAT much better than Wright. Wright is a great runner and an average to above average passer. Everything being equal, I start Mike Wright in 2024.....if he decides to return. Now, if he performs poorly, yes, then give Parson or Flowers a shot.
I’ve already covered this but ok, I’ll give it another go. We do not know who is better between the two backups. If Will goes down Wright probably makes the most sense as a starter this season. Going into next season may be a different situation though. I’m not going to be upset or worried if they trot Parson out as a RS freshman starter next year because I will assume he beat out the competition.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login