World Baseball Classic

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Kendall Graveman is on the USA WBC roster. Overall, USA's lineup is studly, but the pitching is not going to be anything special.

Here's the roster:

Catchers: JT Realmuto, Will Smith, Kyle Higashioka
First base: Pete Alonso, Paul Goldschmidt
Second base: Jeff McNeil
Third base: Nolan Arenado
SS: Tim Anderson, Trea Turner, Bobby Witt Jr.
OF: Mike Trout, Mookie Betts, Kyle Scharber, Kyle Tucker, Cedric Mullins

RHP: Adam Wainwright, Lance Lynn, Jason Adam, Daniel Bard, David Bednar, Kendall Graveman, Merrill Kelly, Nick Martinez, Miles Mikolas, Adam Ottavino, Ryan Pressly, Brady Singer, Devin Williams
LHP: Clayton Kershaw, Nestor Cortes, Brooks Raley

Reactions: dorndawg

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Side note: I wish Wainwright would’ve retired. I’m afraid this season is going to be rough for him.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Side note: I wish Wainwright would’ve retired. I’m afraid this season is going to be rough for him.
What makes you think that?

I do wish he was not playing in this. Seems to me he would want to limit pitches thrown.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

I do wish he was not playing in this. Seems to me he would want to limit pitches thrown.
He's going to throw them in spring training anyway.

There's an outside chance that he runs out of gas earlier at the end of the year, but I don't think it's a big deal for most of the guys.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010

He struggled down the stretch last year. I don’t think he has enough left in the arm to be a starter.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
He's going to throw them in spring training anyway.

There's an outside chance that he runs out of gas earlier at the end of the year, but I don't think it's a big deal for most of the guys.
That’s a good point regarding spring training.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login