Would be hilarious if Will is QB1 in September

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I’ve been the biggest critic of Will but if he wins the job in the spring and is starting next fall, I’ll be more than happy to see how he performs in an offense that’s more of a 50/50 split run pass. The scheme he was in the last few years demanded way more than he was capable of.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I’ve been the biggest critic of Will but if he wins the job in the spring and is starting next fall, I’ll be more than happy to see how he performs in an offense that’s more of a 50/50 split run pass. The scheme he was in the last few years demanded way more than he was capable of.
It was far more simple than what he's about to see. It was the perfect offense for him.

• Haha
Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Right now, we have no other choice. CZA will have to choose between experience (you get what you see) or a transfer guy who might be a hit or miss. We have had a few of those before.

Knowing message board bulldog fans it would be just another melt down du jour anyway.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
It was far more simple than what he's about to see. It was the perfect offense for him.
I don’t think it’s about simplicity or complexity, it’s about having to pass the ball 80-85% of the time and not having a running game to keep the D off balance. The pure air raid scheme in the SEC won’t work properly with out a great QB, which I’m afraid Will is far from being. I’m hopeful Barbay’s offense will be able to hide some of Will’s weaknesses. We’ll see

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I didn't know the two 4 stars went to the Portal. You would think that now that they have a chance to show a new coach and win a job, they would have stayed. I was curious if Will would have kept the job if they did.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Let's hope Will doesn't get hurt.
I also hope Will doesn’t get hurt. I am hyper critical of the kid, but like always if he earns the starting job I hope he wins 15 games in a row and throws for 65 TDs and 6000 yards.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I didn't know the two 4 stars went to the Portal. You would think that now that they have a chance to show a new coach and win a job, they would have stayed. I was curious if Will would have kept the job if they did.
I don't think there's much doubt he was keeping the starting job whether they stayed or transferred out. Like you say, if either of them thought they could start, they probably wouldn't have transferred. It will be interesting to see how Will does in the new offense. I suspect he'll be fine.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
I also hope Will doesn’t get hurt. I am hyper critical of the kid, but like always if he earns the starting job I hope he wins 15 games in a row and throws for 65 TDs and 6000 yards.
6000 yards would be nice. Just for note - he needs 3391 to be top 10 all time in college football career passing yards. I definitely hope he gets at least that many.

2021 put him at #28 for single season yards. He is our only representation on any of these lists.

1673619317458.png

Reactions: dog99walker

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Unfortunately, I think tampering had a lot to do with this. Hate to accuse schools of doing this, but I’ve got pretty much zero doubt that coaches were reaching out to our QBs the minute they heard about Leach’s health

Reactions: LimaoCabeca

DesertDawg

Feb 13, 2017
6000 yards would be nice. Just for note - he needs 3391 to be top 10 all time in college football career passing yards. I definitely hope he gets at least that many.

2021 put him at #28 for single season yards. He is our only representation on any of these lists.

View attachment 297107
Costello is 11 on single game. That LSU game had us all believing for a minute.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I don’t think it’s about simplicity or complexity, it’s about having to pass the ball 80-85% of the time and not having a running game to keep the D off balance. The pure air raid scheme in the SEC won’t work properly with out a great QB, which I’m afraid Will is far from being. I’m hopeful Barbay’s offense will be able to hide some of Will’s weaknesses. We’ll see
I'm really curious. In today's football, what offense will "work properly" in the SEC without a great QB?

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
the reason the 2 4 star QBs left is because they can't carry Will's jock. Will is going to be our starting QB. Man --we have some dummies on this board. I have had people on the staff tell me --It is Will and nobody is even close.
Sawyer is going to light it up at Baylor, that is all. Have a great day.

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
I'm really curious. In today's football, what offense will "work properly" in the SEC without a great QB?
You can tailor and tweak an offense around a mediocre QB and make it successful. Leach wasn’t willing to do that and was going to run his air raid regardless of QB play. I wouldn’t consider our offense this past year successful is my point. Not trying to flame Leach, just saying he wasn’t willing to tailor around personnel. The two games I saw he changed was UK last year and Ark this year where we decided to put more of an effort into running the ball. No coincidence those were two of our more successful offensive games.

Reactions: theoriginalSALTYdog

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
Sawyer is going to light it up at Baylor, that is all. Have a great day.
Wanna bet? ....yes the Big 12 is a step or two below the SEC and there are only a handful of defensive players that will play in the NFLin the conference...but Sawyer was from a weak part of Texas and really wilted in the playoffs in High School when he started facing teams with D-1 talent . Time will tell but he will need a ton of development before any lighting up occurs

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Wanna bet? ....yes the Big 12 is a step or two below the SEC and there are only a handful of defensive players that will play in the NFLin the conference...but Sawyer was from a weak part of Texas and really wilted in the playoffs in High School when he started facing teams with D-1 talent . Time will tell but he will need a ton of development before any lighting up occurs
Again he is going to light it up at Baylor. If you want to bet we can bet, but it is going to happen.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I think Will might do well in this offense. The ball comes out quick most of the time and they throw a ton of out routes. Tulu should have some nice touches on the ground as well as the air. He has a bunch of trickeration eye candy junk in the playbook that reminds me of Kiffin.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
He might end up still being QB1 in the fall but, frankly, if our new OC looks at film from this past season and thinks "that's the QB I want running my offense" I have to question if we hired the right guy. Stats be damned, this offense was painful to watch this season.

muddawgs

Aug 22, 2012
He might end up still being QB1 in the fall but, frankly, if our new OC looks at film from this past season and thinks "that's the QB I want running my offense" I have to question if we hired the right guy. Stats be damned, this offense was painful to watch this season.

I know we like to hate on Will, but if there's a QB that will know this offense backwards and forwards by fall, it will be him. This offense will actually take a lot of pressure off of him, so I could see Will having a lot more efficient year this year. We may be very surprised by how well Will does in this offense.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I know we like to hate on Will, but if there's a QB that will know this offense backwards and forwards by fall, it will be him. This offense will actually take a lot of pressure off of him, so I could see Will having a lot more efficient year this year. We may be very surprised by how well Will does in this offense.

There are quite a few of us who don't like to hate on Will. We have sense enough to accept his faults and see his strengths.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

What's painful is reading this type of **** over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login