Would be hilarious if Will is QB1 in September

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
You can tailor and tweak an offense around a mediocre QB and make it successful. Leach wasn’t willing to do that and was going to run his air raid regardless of QB play. I wouldn’t consider our offense this past year successful is my point. Not trying to flame Leach, just saying he wasn’t willing to tailor around personnel. The two games I saw he changed was UK last year and Ark this year where we decided to put more of an effort into running the ball. No coincidence those were two of our more successful offensive games.

The fact that you think Leach changed for a particular game rather than a particular play says you don't know Leach.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
What might be even more painful is when Will enters the portal. Its rumored he is looking.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Will has a great deal of experience with both good and bad results. It's going to be interesting to see how he handles being the veteran but from a different style. Who knows? He may actually flourish with a new OC and staff. He's played enough to know what he can do, what he cannot do, and what needs to work on to fit in with a new system. He has already created a relationship with Parson. I know you guys are worrying and you have every right to with everything that has happened since time went to 00:00 in the Egg Bowl.

As for me I am kinda hopeful about the future. We've got new coaches without the baggage that most hires do at HC, OC, and DC. There's a lot of things that are unknown and we have no assurances that things will be ok but I'm kinda optimistic.

If it doesn't work out we haven't sunk the HC money spent at Ole Miss either. Wonder if they are going to have or already having buyer's remorse?

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Some of y’all are going to melt when you hear that we’re bringing QBs in from the portal to visit that could 100% take Captain Checkdown’s job.
I hope to god we’re bringing in anyone. Who else do we even have on the roster? Walkons?

Mar 3, 2008
I can’t help it anymore. Every thread is about how bad a guy who is willing to stay put and play for a team and school that I’m pretty sure he loves. The rest of them are about 17 all these NIL guys who are leaving!! Which is it? What do y’all want? The damn kid went out there and won 9 games this year. Damn near 10 and could have been 11. Is he perfect? Nope. Also had one hell of a schedule and the death of a coach to deal with. It was ugly for sure sometimes. Amd I’ve heard it all about the defense won us games. Blows my mind to read all the bitching and wanting to replace the guy every chance there is. We’ve come a long way for sure if we’re unhappy after this past year and with a quarterback who can come back for two more years.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Ok so which is it. Is he studying film or transferring. Get your stories right.
It looks like he doesn't like the offense or maybe he just doesn't like Barbay and is looking to transfer. My story has changed just like everything else with this team.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Was Chris Relf a great QB??
Thats a weird question. Are you suggesting Mullen's offense "worked properly" with Relf at the helm? Our results when Relf was QB were no better than what Leach gave us the last 2 seasons. And the college game has changed a lot in the last decade since he played.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I'm as rough as anyone on wills skill set however he appears to be sticking with msu which shows loyalty and leadership, not to mention I really think this offense will be better for him. Still a lot of handoffs and throwing but not near as much pressure on his talents to carry the offense. Judging by Barney's previous qbs he won't need to run a lot. And with the added run game we won't need to scramble a lot because defense won't pin their ears back because of the added run making them respect it. Also should be more wide open receivers.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Thats a weird question. Are you suggesting Mullen's offense "worked properly" with Relf at the helm? Our results when Relf was QB were no better than what Leach gave us the last 2 seasons. And the college game has changed a lot in the last decade since he played.

That wasn't an answer

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login