Would Dak be better as a Viking?

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
It might be a better team but if he wants to keep getting endorsements, he needs to stay with the Cowboys. Only elite tier quarterbacks and Cowboys quarterbacks get national endorsements, and Dak is not elite tier.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Baltimore is a sneaky possibility, although Dak will have to waive his no trade clause. They seem to have all but officially decided to not sign Lamar Jackson to a long term deal. They fired Greg Roman who was brought in to build an offense around Lamar, and haven’t been able to work out a long term deal for 2 years. Many think they will tag him and then trade him. If Jerry takes bait, he may deal Dak and let Baltimore take the heavy cap hit years of his current deal.

The Ravens have a rock solid front office who will keep the defense and run game solid without blowing money on replaceable skill position guys like Zeke. Some pieces there to work with in Dobbins, Andrews, and Bateman, although they still need more WR’s.

Nov 29, 2017
I think the pressure has gotten to him in Dallas. He would do some much better elsewhere. It doesn’t matter who is qb for the Cowboys, everyone always gives them hell. I’d love to see him play for my Dolphins, but he has a massive cap hit for the next few seasons.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I think the Cowboys are going to either cut or trade Zeke in June. I think if they wait till June the dead cap space won’t hit them as hard. I don’t know if they will be able to sign Pollard so they will need to draft a RB, DB, and find a WR and a OL.
But to be honest they won’t win anything with the current HC.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Vikes have alot of weapons on offense, D is another thing.
I will point this out one more time.

Last night Purdy had

McCaffery
Kittle
Aiyuk
Samuel
Mitchell

Dak had (at near that level)

CeeDee Lamb
Shultz
Pollard for the first half before he broke his leg
A couple of players were ineffective against San Fransico

Reactions: AstroDog

patdog

May 28, 2007
That would just be swapping one disappointing franchise for another. And I say that as a Vikings fan.

Reactions: Indndawg

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I think the pressure has gotten to him in Dallas. He would do some much better elsewhere. It doesn’t matter who is qb for the Cowboys, everyone always gives them hell. I’d love to see him play for my Dolphins, but he has a massive cap hit for the next few seasons.
Not as massive as any other qb who signed a contract in the last three years.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

Last night Purdy had

McCaffery
Kittle
Aiyuk
Samuel
Mitchell

CeeDee Lamb
Shultz
[/

Last night Purdy had

McCaffery
Kittle
Aiyuk
Samuel
Mitchell

CeeDee Lamb
Shultz

With that said, if Dak makes just 2 better throws Cowboys probably still pull it out. He blatantly missed TY Hilton for a wide open TD and forced it to CD with Warner on him. 2nd he missed an open Gallup in the most important drive of his career for what could have been a TD and at least would have been a red zone possession.

Cowboys D played good enough to win; Dak did not.

Reactions: patdog

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I don’t know if it’s Minnesota, but I’d like to see Dak somewhere other than Dallas. Dallas hasn’t been to the NFCCG since 1995-96. Meanwhile, since 2016 other franchises have made it with QBs like Nick Foles, Case Keenum, Brock Purdy, Jalen Hurts, Jared Goff, and Jimmy Garropolo.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
At some point the supporting cast can’t be an excuse anymore. Dak has to play at an elite level in a big game. Hate it for him, but there’s nothing to say but he shrinks in big games.

I doubt he gets an opportunity to go to the NFCCG against a rookie QB who’s gonna score less than 20 again. That was his chance.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
At some point the supporting cast can’t be an excuse anymore. Dak has to play at an elite level in a big game. Hate it for him, but there’s nothing to say but he shrinks in big games.

I doubt he gets an opportunity to go to the NFCCG against a rookie QB who’s gonna score less than 20 again. That was his chance.

His first divisional playoff game (as a rookie), he threw for 302 / 3 / 1 against GB and led Dallas to 31 points. Finished with a higher passer rating in the game than multi-year MVP and one of the Top 4 GOAT’s in Aaron Rodgers. They still lost because of the defense, not his fault.

2nd divisional game, he threw for 266 / 1 / 0 on the road against the Rams, who made the Super Bowl that year. Scored 22 in that one. He thoroughly outplayed Goff. Again, defense cost them.

This past weekend was the first of three games for a birth in the NFCCG that he actually didn’t play well. The common theme in all 3 has been defensive lapses and in the past 2 it has been major problems with running the football (38 carries for only 101 yards total by non-Dak players in those games). Even when you play well, you need a lot of help in the playoffs. Its patently absurd to say when he has one bad game out of three that he “stinks in big games”.

Last edited:

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
His first divisional playoff game (as a rookie), he threw for 302 / 3 / 1 against GB and led Dallas to 31 points. They still lost because of the defense, not his fault.

2nd divisional game, he threw for 266 / 1 / 0 on the road against the Rams, who made the Super Bowl that year. Scored 22 in that one. He thoroughly outplayed Goff. Again, defense cost them.

This past weekend was the first of three games for a birth in the NFCCG that he actually didn’t play well. The common theme in all 3 has been defensive lapses and in the past 2 it has been major problems with running the football (38 carries for only 101 yards total by non-Dak players in those games). Even when you play well, you need a lot of help in the playoffs. Its patently absurd to say when he has one bad game out of three that he “stinks in big games”.
Only thing that I'd add is that playing poorly on the road against the Niners who are statistically the #1 defense in the league in virtually every category is not much to be ashamed of. With the one odd exception of Stidham, there hasn't been a QB that's looked good against them since Wk 7

Reactions: Perd Hapley

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Vikes have alot of weapons on offense, D is another thing.
I have never been a Dallas fan, but only interested in them because Dak is our only QB in the NFL. And like most here, I want him to succeed and get a ring. I actually like the Purple People Eaters much more than Dallas, but you're correct in that they would have to upgrade their defense considerably. Dallas's D played real well the other day. They did seem to have to stay on the field way too long. They just ran out of gas toward the end.

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
His first divisional playoff game (as a rookie), he threw for 302 / 3 / 1 against GB and led Dallas to 31 points. Finished with a higher passer rating in the game than multi-year MVP and one of the Top 4 GOAT’s in Aaron Rodgers. They still lost because of the defense, not his fault.

Bro, he ran the ball and let the clock run out last year. A very boneheaded play. He's a bulldog forever and I love him but he has not played well in big spots. 266 with 1 TD is not good enough. Sunday wasn't good enough. You want to blame 2016 on the defense, okay. But there's a reason people are critical of him. He's earned it.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Bro, he ran the ball and let the clock run out last year. A very boneheaded play. He's a bulldog forever and I love him but he has not played well in big spots. 266 with 1 TD is not good enough. Sunday wasn't good enough. You want to blame 2016 on the defense, okay. But there's a reason people are critical of him. He's earned it.

What? He didn’t call that play last year. Its on the OC/HC to not do dumb sh*t like that. And even still, they were in a spot where they had to go 40+ yards in 15 seconds with no timeouts. Its not like that single play cost them the game. And how in the blue hell is 266 and 1 TD not good enough? What was Purdy’s stat line on Sunday? What was Goff’s in that same 2019 game?

And by no means should you bring up the Tampa game just last week, either.

The reason people are critical is because of the team he plays for, simple as that. Josh Allen and Justin Herbert don’t get anywhere near the same scrutiny despite having all the same struggles. This “he shrinks in big games” is a lazy, rehashed Tony Romo hot take from dumber than hell fans and media mouthbreathers from 10+ years ago. It’s not even original. Be better.

Last edited:

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Yeah when you have to hang your hat on beating a playoff team with a losing record you aren’t winning any debates.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
What? He didn’t call that play last year. Its on the OC/HC to not do dumb sh*t like that. And even still, they were in a spot where they had to go 40+ yards in 15 seconds with no timeouts. Its not like that single play cost them the game. And how in the blue hell is 266 and 1 TD not good enough? What was Purdy’s stat line on Sunday? What was Goff’s in that same 2019 game?

And by no means should you bring up the Tampa game just last week, either.

The reason people are critical is because of the team he plays for, simple as that. Josh Allen and Justin Herbert don’t get anywhere near the same scrutiny despite having all the same struggles. This “he shrinks in big games” is a lazy, rehashed Tony Romo hot take from dumber than hell fans and media mouthbreathers from 10+ years ago. It’s not even original. Be better.
Allen and Herbert are just better QB’s in general. Being on the Cowboys doesn’t do Dak any favors but I don’t think it’s accurate to suggest that’s the entirety of the problem.

Look, I love Dak and want to see him win big. But he didn’t have a very good year. 17 interceptions in 14 games is flat out bad. This wasn’t just one bad game. And he’s not really a young QB anymore, he’ll be 30 by the start of next season. Meanwhile a wave of younger QB’s has totally taken over the league.

The Cowboys have issues beyond just Dak, and he did have to deal with some injuries this year. But he absolutely has something to prove if he wants to be viewed in the upper tier of QB’s instead of just another Kirk Cousins.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Yeah when you have to hang your hat on beating a playoff team with a losing record you aren’t winning any debates.

You are hanging your hat on one playoff game out of 6 that he didn’t play well enough to win. He was the best QB on the field in the other 5 games, win or lose. End of story.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Allen and Herbert are just better QB’s in general. Being on the Cowboys doesn’t do Dak any favors but I don’t think it’s accurate to suggest that’s the entirety of the problem.

They are more physically gifted QB’s for sure. Jury is still out on whether they will be better over the long haul. Off the cuff, I think Allen probably will have a better career if he can stay healthy. I’m honestly not sure on Herbert. He has even more arm talent than Mahomes but has been inconsistent so far for reasons that may not all be his fault. We’ll see if he can put it all together. His problems aren’t unlike Dak’s in that his organization isn’t considered the greatest at building a winner around a proven QB.

Look, I love Dak and want to see him win big. But he didn’t have a very good year. 17 interceptions in 14 games is flat out bad. This wasn’t just one bad game. And he’s not really a young QB anymore, he’ll be 30 by the start of next season. Meanwhile a wave of younger QB’s has totally taken over the league.

Nobody disputes the fact that he didn’t have a good year. Worst of his career. Could be due to him pressing, lingering effects of finger injury, bad OL / WR play, or most likely some combination of all the above. But there’s all these wild assumptions that one bad year out of 7 is somehow the “real Dak” and not an anomoly. There’s also a lot of context missing that in this worst year of his career, he still finished 12th in QBR and captained one of the 5 or 6 best teams in the league. That’s not too shabby of a floor for your franchise QB.

The Cowboys have issues beyond just Dak, and he did have to deal with some injuries this year. But he absolutely has something to prove if he wants to be viewed in the upper tier of QB’s instead of just another Kirk Cousins.

Cousins is 5 years older than Dak and has one career playoff win. Dak’s already separated himself from Cousins, who also doesn’t suck. He’s also already matched Tony Romo’s number of playoff appearances and playoff wins in 13 seasons, but it only took him 6 years of being the primary starter to do it. He has elevated the franchise. There are many levels of achievement between “Kirk Cousins / Tony Romo” and “Tom Brady”, and only time will tell where Dak falls on the spectrum. He still has at least 5 or 6 good years left at worst.

Last edited:

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
It might be a better team but if he wants to keep getting endorsements, he needs to stay with the Cowboys. Only elite tier quarterbacks and Cowboys quarterbacks get national endorsements, and Dak is not elite tier.
more commercials. zactlee what is needed

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login