Would not surprise me that we could have opted out…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
We definitely could have opted out and claimed Covid… I’m trying to figure out why TT didn’t have any players out from Covid.

M R DAWGS

Apr 13, 2018
TT’s players wanted to play in the bowl game, ours didn’t.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
We definitely could have opted out and claimed Covid… I’m trying to figure out why TT didn’t have any players out from Covid.

I don't know what it's doing in Lubbock but it's absolutely exploding in Mississippi. We almost doubled our 7 day rolling average in one day today. That's not easy to do. It's no surprise for us.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
I don't know what it's doing in Lubbock but it's absolutely exploding in Mississippi. We almost doubled our 7 day rolling average in one day today. That's not easy to do. It's no surprise for us.

Y’all going to blame Covid for getting blown out by texas tech? Seriously? More excuses. Rodgers had plenty of time tonight.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
The NBA is something like 97% vaccinated and they’re postponing games left and right.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
OL played good enough for more than 7 points to be scored. QB and WR’s weren’t on same page, looked like 2020 offense.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map

The 7 day avg for MS is 20.5 per 100k. That is 4th lowest in the country. The US average is 69.1 per 100k.
The 14 day projection is 49.6 per 100k. For context, the 14 day projected country average is 116.7 per 100k.

If it's absolutely exploding in MS, what adjectives do you use for the nation averages?

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
The damn defense played great for the first half. They gave up 10 points.

Who were we missing on offense? That’s the frustrating part to me.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map

The 7 day avg for MS is 20.5 per 100k. That is 4th lowest in the country. The US average is 69.1 per 100k.
The 14 day projection is 49.6 per 100k. For context, the 14 day projected country average is 116.7 per 100k.

If it's absolutely exploding in MS, what adjectives do you use for the nation averages?
You are using outdated figures. I tried to pull up the CDC stuff from today, but I can't at the moment. Most MS counties are in the 300-400 range per 100K 7 day average today, that is up from what you stated in about 7-10 days. The last two day's reports have changed things radically. We were nearly double the 7 day average today too. That is the definition of exploding.

Last edited:

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Most of our offense has been missing the whole first threes quarters of every game. This time it was the whole game

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You are using outdated figures. I tried to pull up the CDC stuff from today, but I can't at the moment. Most MS counties are in the 300-400 range per 100K 7 day average today, that is up from what you stated in about 7-10 days. The last two day's reports have changed things radically.

Damn Mayo Clinic and it's lies.
Who can you trust if not them, right?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Yes it does. They said that if you got vaccinated you wouldn’t get Covid. Obviously all the positives had fake vaccination cards.

No "they" said it would prevent serious illness just exactly as it was designed to do. There are exceptions 3-4% of the time.

Not sure why people don't understand what has to happen to make a pandemic go to endemic. Projections say that will be 2024.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Just relating what I saw today. We reported over 7K yesterday for a 5 day period and 2600 or so for today alone. You do the math. Thats about 320 per 100k over the last 6 days.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Shankass is right, they are showing 7K cases today. I think it’s bad data personally, we haven’t had that many since the pandemic began, not even close. They must have not counted for a few days and then dumped today.

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
No "they" said it would prevent serious illness just exactly as it was designed to do. There are exceptions 3-4% of the time.

Not sure why people don't understand what has to happen to make a pandemic go to endemic. Projections say that will be 2024.

In 2024 it will be 2028 unless voters wake up.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Shankass is right, they are showing 7K cases today. I think it’s bad data personally, we haven’t had that many since the pandemic began, not even close. They must have not counted for a few days and then dumped today.

That was for a 5 day period. They didn't report from Thursday till yesterday due to Christmas. Today was a little over 2600 for one day. Still not a record but it has to be close for a % increase. We may hit 5k by the end of the week. That would be in line with what omicron is doing elsewhere. Hopefully the early indicators showing it isn't as severe as the previous ones will hold. Still, the sheer number of cases at one time is going to be real trouble. It's no surprise at all that we had cases on the team.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
In 2024 it will be 2028 unless voters wake up.

No this is actually worldwide outside of our toxic American political culture. Worldwide it's going to get to where the flu is today. That's an endemic.

All this rhetoric back and forth is meaningless. Anyone that's not an epidemiologist just needs to stop talking. It's embarrassing.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Yes it does. They said that if you got vaccinated you wouldn’t get Covid. Obviously all the positives had fake vaccination cards.
They never said that, ever, not the vaccine makers or the medical people. Some politicians did. The objective, and it was clearly stated from the start, was preventing severe disease. NOW that being said the stats have shown that you ARE less likely to get it if you are vaccinated. 4-5 times less likely. That is a bonus. Y'all like to set goal posts that were never the goal posts and declare failure when the FG is missed. . Why exactly is that? Interesting that is.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
China did a great job on the gain of function development of this virus with US Taxpayer money. The unknown is if it was released on accident or on purpose.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
Ours were out drinking on Beale last night, I saw it myself.

You wouldn’t be able to tell one of our players from your left thumb and I highly doubt you even came within 5 miles of Beale based on your other posts.
Hope you had a nice breakfast at McDonalds drive thru this morning after asking about breakfast spots and things to do on your way back to AL

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
It’s not biden vs trump, it’s about a certain party in charge right now.
No it's not. Y'all were saying that it was all about getting Biden elected. He was and it got worse. His polls are tanking over it too. That explains why some are perpetrating this myth. But the Dems certainly have no reason to now like they did before the election. It's killing them now just like it killed Trump. The FACT is there are NO political elements to it at all, except the ones that idiotic politicians and their lackies inject into it. It's going to behave as viruses do, and no politics is going to make any difference whatsoever. Sound public health measures would help some, but those have been buried under mounds of political BS. No matter who advocates what now it's all smeared in political BS. I've always thought this country would survive anything. I'm convinced we won't now. We would rather fight each other than fight the common enemy, whatever it is. It reminds me A LOT of what I have read of pre-WWII France.

TimberBeast

Aug 23, 2012
No it's not. Y'all were saying that it was all about getting Biden elected. He was and it got worse. His polls are tanking over it too. That explains why some are perpetrating this myth. But the Dems certainly have no reason to now like they did before the election. It's killing them now just like it killed Trump. The FACT is there are NO political elements to it at all, except the ones that idiotic politicians and their lackies inject into it. It's going to behave as viruses do, and no politics is going to make any difference whatsoever. Sound public health measures would help some, but those have been buried under mounds of political BS. No matter who advocates what now it's all smeared in political BS. I've always thought this country would survive anything. I'm convinced we won't now. We would rather fight each other than fight the common enemy, whatever it is. It reminds me A LOT of what I have read of pre-WWII France.

Who is y’all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login