Would you switch Leach for Aranda?

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Absolutely.

Baylor is an interesting case study. They probably should not have the type of success they have, but yet they constantly produce successful teams between basketball and football. The past 3 football coaches there have had great success. They had all but the death penalty after Briles and Rhule turned it around in 2 season.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Oh yes, and it’s I am not wanting to get rid of Leach. I think Aranda is one of the best coaches in the country.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I’ve always wanted to see a high level defensive coach at MSU. So yeah I’d love to have him. I wouldn’t trade now, because we’re in this experiment now and I want to see it through. 2 years ago? Maybe. 4 years ago? Most definitely.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I would take Aranda and while I am stealing Baylor coaches, I would grab Drew too.

Howland beat Drew's Bears in the NIT 4 seasons ago. Since then, Baylor made the ncaat and won a game, then was in line for a #1 seed the next season, then won the whole damn NCAAT, and is currently undefeated and ranked #1.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
No because he’d be job searching with us. Would be Mullen 2.0.

And why the bell Golfer still ain’t replied to me? Clown

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Yes for me. Defense first. Bring in whatever offense you need to work. We keep tying ourselves to offensive system coaches and have to deal with it when the offense struggles rather than just hire a new offensive coach

Feb 23, 2008
Meh. Leach had 10 win seasons at TT. Need to see a larger body of work. Baylor’s offense is trash and the only reason this is a game.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I think Aranda is a great coach and may continue to be great… but leach also had an 11 season in what was arguably a much more difficult big 12

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Yes, but if he had success, we'd be gone quickly. I don't Leach will leave nor ever get offered a better job.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
I would take Aranda and while I am stealing Baylor coaches, I would grab Drew too.

Howland beat Drew's Bears in the NIT 4 seasons ago. Since then, Baylor made the ncaat and won a game, then was in line for a #1 seed the next season, then won the whole damn NCAAT, and is currently undefeated and ranked #1.

Baylor won a national title in basketball? When?

And yes, give me Aranda.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Is that a real question?

I’d personally load the moving truck and drive Leach to Key West.

BKCBully

Jul 19, 2013
Ehh defensive head coaches only win titles with the perfect storm . I.E.orgeron.saban just doesn't count.

OliveBranchDAWG

Aug 22, 2012
Absolutely.

Baylor is an interesting case study. They probably should not have the type of success they have, but yet they constantly produce successful teams between basketball and football. The past 3 football coaches there have had great success. They had all but the death penalty after Briles and Rhule turned it around in 2 season.

Baylor is historically an average program who has made GREAT FB hires the last 15 years. Despite all the title ix drama they continue to be really good. This is why when our fans say “we don’t need to invest in football because we can’t win a championship!!!” Its total ******** and Baylor is a great example. Make great hires and you’ll get great results.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
This is hilarious

His last season at LSU, there wasn't a jet plane that could have been readied fast enough to get Aranda out of Baton Rouge. Now he's a demi god after the work he's done at Baylor. College football fans ...smh.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
We will switch Leach for Aranda. We will go 7-5 with three games where the offense scored fewer than 14 points. Aranda will show no emotion on the sidelines. Fans will be upset that he isn’t yelling at the referees or jumping up and down. They will call for a more offensive minded coach. Rinse, repeat.

Last edited:

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Dude. Our rich and storied football tradition says we should win 8-10 games every year.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
I’d consider switching Kiffin for him, Baylor is as well coached a team as I’ve seen not named Alabama in a while. I was fortunate enough to have really good seats last night, and watching them up close at the line of scrimmage, etc. …. Damn they looked good. Granted Ole Miss helped them a lot, but I think Aranda is the real deal. If Kiffin left tomorrow, I’d throw a monster offer at him if I was Keith Carter. It obviously wouldn’t work, but it would be worth trying.

Digging dog

Aug 22, 2012
Hell no. He barely beat a back up quarterback that probably won’t start next year.

Bulldogg31

Dec 9, 2013
Wow I had no idea. College basketball has lost me I suppose.

Thanks for the Fake Natty glfr, much obliged.

The thing is, when it comes to college sports, unless State is playing I really just don’t care. I’m betting I’m not alone there.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login