Wouldn’t we potentially be looking at Utah and KState hosting

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
under the new format (assuming KSU holds on)?

Who thinks that is a good idea?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Are they going to do the on campus thing at all? I agree it would be great but I just always assumed they would utilize the bowls for it.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
It's a great idea. Win your conference and host the first round of the playoffs, but don't leave out teams everyone knows are good and just happen to play in a tougher conference. If only there was another football league that has previously proven the model works... Wonder what we should call those teams that get in without winning their division err... conference?

Championship is a settled on the field, not in the conference room. Regular season still matters, but you are rewarded for getting better as the season goes on.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007

Let's not throw stones. In the eyes of much of the college football fanbase a trip to Starkville is worse than a trip to Manhattan, KS.

I think the on-campus games will be great. Cold weather outdoor stadiums up north with snow will make the home advantage great.

Reactions: sandwolf.sixpack

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
KState and Clemson would receive byes in the new format.

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014

Nope. If you go by CBS’s predicted rankings this morning, the 4 host teams in a playoff would be Alabama, Tennessee, Penn State and Clemson.

Winning a conference and “earning” a bid is most likely only going to matter for the top 4 bye.

5-12 this year would consist of 3 championship game winners. The rest would be Washington, USC, and Penn State.

Sure, winning your conference carries a little weight but once you get out of that top 4 it doesn’t really matter.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login