Wow! RIdgland High School has thrown 6 consecutive no hitters

msudawg12

Dec 9, 2008
It’s impressive, but the teams they’ve played are really bad. Yazoo City, 3 vs Canton & 2 vs Holmes County. Ridgeland outscored them 102-2.
Baseball is such a game where averages help you out that this statistic is still insane. It is almost impossible for me to believe that a hit was not found.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

Wesson Bulldog

Nov 3, 2015
It’s impressive, but the teams they’ve played are really bad. Yazoo City, 3 vs Canton & 2 vs Holmes County. Ridgeland outscored them 102-2.
Same thing here in Wesson. We are .500 vs all the Lincoln County 2A teams and 8-0 in Region 7-3A vs Hazlehurst, Port Gibson, Jefferson County and Tylertown. We only played two 2-inning games vs Hazlehurst and Jefferson County because we had scored over 18 runs in each and gave up 1 or 2. Their coaches just threw in the towels.

Reactions: patdog

patdog

May 28, 2007
Same thing here in Wesson. We are .500 vs all the Lincoln County 2A teams and 8-0 in Region 7-3A vs Hazlehurst, Port Gibson, Jefferson County and Tylertown. We only played two 2-inning games vs Hazlehurst and Jefferson County because we had scored over 18 runs in each and gave up 1 or 2. Their coaches just threw in the towels.
High school sports would be better with promotion/relegation. Way too many games like these that do no one any good. Sure you’d have a few schools tank to get relegated, but not many. And we’d have a lot less complete mismatches.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
High school sports would be better with promotion/relegation. Way too many games like these that do no one any good. Sure you’d have a few schools tank to get relegated, but not many. And we’d have a lot less complete mismatches.

Agreed.

But you won’t see it happen because it’s too radical an idea.

Here’s an article I thought was interesting:

patdog

May 28, 2007
Agreed.

But you won’t see it happen because it’s too radical an idea.

Here’s an article I thought was interesting:

If we see more schools do what Murrah is doing the next 2 years and playing independent in most sports and MHSAA in only a few, they’ll have to do something.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
If we see more schools do what Murrah is doing the next 2 years and playing independent in most sports and MHSAA in only a few, they’ll have to do something.
Maybe.

The MHSAA is going to have to be generous towards schools though because if it’s something over the top, I wouldn’t be surprised to see football be dropped by schools.

You know it’s happening elsewhere.

And as much as the MAIS is criticized for its championships for everyone approach with six divisions, they’re at least being responsive to its members.

BTW, the MAIS released its 2023 football schedule.

I didn’t know that River Oaks returned to MAIS. Looks like they lost student population since they left since they’re in the 8-man 1A class:

patdog

May 28, 2007
Maybe.

The MHSAA is going to have to be generous towards schools though because if it’s something over the top, I wouldn’t be surprised to see football be dropped by schools.

You know it’s happening elsewhere.

And as much as the MAIS is criticized for its championships for everyone approach with six divisions, they’re at least being responsive to its members.

BTW, the MAIS released its 2023 football schedule.

I didn’t know that River Oaks returned to MAIS. Looks like they lost student population since they left since they’re in the 8-man 1A class:

I could see a scenario where JPS goes independent for football and most other sports. They’d have their own 7-team league.

Also, did you notice Prep is playing West Jones this fall. That’ll be a big game for both schools

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Mmm… I can see that.

I thought Callaway was more successful than they’ve been the past few years.

Too bad Daryl Jones got out of coaching and into administration several years ago. He coached some good Charger teams.

MRA is playing at Oak Grove earlier that month.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login