WR Corp......

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
With Polk likely out, and Heath maybe not even being able to play next year, what does our group look like?

- Williams is coming back, this is helpful;
- Calvin, is he back? I would think so;
- Thomas should play a lot;
- Griffin;
- Walley;
- Ducking, does he step up?
- Knox is the fastest player on the team, surely he does something;
- Harvey, Torbor, Harvey?
- Moore and Harmon?

Seems like all those guys were considered guys that could play at one time. I am not counting on any of the incoming freshmen. Our receivers generally aren't SEC ready their first year.

Last edited:

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
With Polk likely out, and Heath maybe not even being able to play next year, what does our group look like?

- Williams is coming back, this is helpful;
- Calvin, is he back? I would think so;
- Thomas should play a lot;
- Griffin;
- Walley;
- Ducking, does he step up?
- Knox is the fastest player on the team, surely he does something;
- Harvey, Torbor, Harvey?
- Moore and Harmon?

Seems like all those guys were considered guys that could play at one time. I am not counting on any of the incoming freshmen. Our receivers generally aren't SEC ready their first year.

Polk declared, but hasn't hired an agent. Until an agent is involved, he can change his mind and come back if feedback is not what he wants to hear.

That said, a WR that catches over 100 balls for over 1,000 yards and did a lot of that vs SEC defenses...probably should go.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Have we gotten, or are we expected to get any transfers?

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I feel fairly confident we will bring in a transfer or two. And we could absolutely play true freshmen next year, Walley in 2020 and RaRa this year proved that Leach is willing to rely on young guys. Dortch and Zavion Thomas could easily be contributors next year.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
I feel fairly confident we will bring in a transfer or two.
Semester starts soon so we better figure it out soon.

I feel fairly confident we will bring in a transfer or two. And we could absolutely play true freshmen next year, Walley in 2020 and RaRa this year proved that Leach is willing to rely on young guys. Dortch and Zavion Thomas could easily be contributors next year.
They could, but chances aren't high that they will. 1 random freshman played each year, so hard to tell who that may be. Plus we have better numbers overall now in the upperclass.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Polk declared, but hasn't hired an agent. Until an agent is involved, he can change his mind and come back if feedback is not what he wants to hear.

That said, a WR that catches over 100 balls for over 1,000 yards and did a lot of that vs SEC defenses...probably should go.

I kind of wonder why can a guy get paid for his NIL and keep on playing but can't hire a agent and do the same?

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Hold up. Austin Williams is STILL eligible for another year? How many Covid years does he have available? He’s like the cat with 9 lives except they're years of eligibility!

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
Semester starts soon so we better figure it out soon.

They could, but chances aren't high that they will. 1 random freshman played each year, so hard to tell who that may be. Plus we have better numbers overall now in the upperclass.

The semester doesn’t start for another two weeks and the add/drop date is three weeks away. Also have the option of adding someone after spring practice when more guys will inevitably hit the portal. Calvin was a summer enrollee for us last year.

I understand the premise of not banking on true freshmen but I’m just saying we have the option to do so if needed, and I’m sure at least one of them could play well in Year 1.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login